sympathy

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 6, 2009
Want to have a moment in pray for Mrs. JT Handley, Charla Handley. God Bless her two children, husband, and those close to her. May you rest and peace. Tuesday October 6th. :(
friend of family

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 6, 2009
May God Bless you and keep your family in in this time of need.
LoveBooneCo

Belle, WV

#3 Oct 6, 2009
I feel terrible for J.T. and his kids. Prayers for him and his family.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2009
May god bless the family and god heal the childrens emptiness they will be going through not having their mother..She was a wonderful person.
just a friend

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 6, 2009
Condolences to JT, the kids, Ira and Judy, and all their friends. Such a loss -(
DIA NNA

Dunbar, WV

#6 Oct 6, 2009
So tragic, for those little children. I can only imagine how JT must have felt when he went in to wake her up. She was the love of his life I hear. May God bless you JT, Ira, Mrs. Handley and those sweet children. May God give you comfort at this difficult time.
friend in Madison

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2009
Charla's family was her life. Prayers for the family and especially her sweet children.
friends

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 7, 2009
I My hearts and prayers go out to the family, i am so sorry for the loss. She was a great women. but now theres another angel in heaven.
a friend

Gilbert, WV

#9 Oct 7, 2009
does anyone know what the arrangements are yet?
friend

Charleston, WV

#10 Oct 7, 2009
arrangements is
thursday 2-8 pm,
funeral friday 2pm
friends

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 8, 2009
My heart goes out to J.T.,and the kids.She was a wonderful person. May GOD be with this family in their time of need and all the days to follow. My prayers will be with you.
just a friend

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2009
Charla Jean Rakes Handley, 35, of Hamlin and Danville, WV died suddenly on Tuesday, October 6, 2009.

She was born January 21, 1974 in Logan, WV to Lena Mae “Beck” Adkins Rakes and the late Herman Chesley Rakes. She was also preceded in death by her maternal grandmother, Ava Lucille Adkins.

She was a devoted wife and mother; a 1992 graduate of Harts High School and class president; owner of CJ’s Spit Shine-Car Detailing Shop; member of Ramage Elementary PTO; volunteer S.T.A.G.E. Mom; Coach of Handley Angels Girls Softball Team; she was on the Board of Directors of the Danville Panther Midget League Football; and she attended the Madison United Methodist Church.

She is survived by her husband, J.T. Handley and their two children, John Thomas “JJ” Handley Jr. and Jenna Taylor Handley; mother, Beck Rakes of Danville; one brother, Jeff Rakes; and one sister and her husband, Linda and Ray Wheatley of Manila.

Services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, October 9, 2009 at Handley Funeral Home, Danville with Dr. Frank Frye officiating. Burial will follow in Danville Memorial Park, Danville.

Family will receive friends from 2 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Danville Panthers Midget League Football or Ramage Elementary School New York Trip.
A Friend

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2009
The above statement says it all..She was a great person and a great mother...she will be missed.I know that god will be with them today and everyday to help them through this becouse he is the only one that can...GOD BLESS THAT FAMILY
Linda

Lubbock, TX

#14 Oct 8, 2009
What happened??? She was so young! I knew Charla a long time ago.
parent from ramage

Charleston, WV

#15 Oct 9, 2009
i think Charla could make a friend anywhere she would go. my prayers go out to J.T. and the kids. i know she will be deeply missed.
Wes

Montgomery, AL

#16 Oct 9, 2009
I dated her sister Linda Rakes back in high school and she had tons of great stories of her sister Charla. My prayers go out to Linda and her family.
friend from harts high

Bluefield, WV

#17 Oct 13, 2009
i went to school with her she was one of the funniest people you could ever be around. everytime you seen her she had a smile on her face and always saying something funny. i loved being around her. i know her family will miss her smile and laughter. she was a great person. so sad she had to go so young. she was loved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeff dingess and wife (Jun '10) 2 hr ALC 8
Biggest and best breasts in Boone? 6 hr Volume 3
Neighbor Serious Trash Problem 7 hr just a person 3
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 18 hr Princess Hey 13,480
Stevie Richards 19 hr Crawleycreature 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Go Blue Forever 1,384
Chelsea Adkins (Aug '15) Jul 24 Mclovin 19

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance