Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

Since all this has come out about Hill, he fits right in with the rest of the board.
1 post removed
arnie

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

It is a shame that there is always something bad going on with at least one of the board members or someone with the county school administration.
wtf pour pour BOE

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

Judged:
lets see if this is news you did,nt no
the parents need to have a investagation on the building construction teacher
Vickers started teaching 9 years ago
with his friend Bobby Hale backing him witch several years ago was the building teacher
but Bobby become a board member now with that said how did the 2 felonies Vickers has on his record get by the back ground check you have to have ha ha what happen
hell the set up for phipps just mite back fire on the peices of shit that started this mess and killed thes guys
oh that is just a bit of info about the BOE and how people gets by with anything where is the tv, coal valley and etc, on thes issues hell with felonies the law states you can not teach oh well i forgot Bobby hale was behind it dam where is the law now he is not arrested he gets job permotion with the people he screwed that is so funny BOE is stupied and then they will give him a retirement he needs to pay us tax payers back
joyce

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

It sounds like the current board and the administration are no better with what they have done for Bobby.
jesse

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

We will see soon when the filing for the primary starts, for fed up the county is with the powers that be.
The Cat Whisperer

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

wtf pour pour BOE wrote:
Judged:
lets see if this is news you did,nt no
the parents need to have a investagation on the building construction teacher
Vickers started teaching 9 years ago
with his friend Bobby Hale backing him witch several years ago was the building teacher
but Bobby become a board member now with that said how did the 2 felonies Vickers has on his record get by the back ground check you have to have ha ha what happen
hell the set up for phipps just mite back fire on the peices of shit that started this mess and killed thes guys
oh that is just a bit of info about the BOE and how people gets by with anything where is the tv, coal valley and etc, on thes issues hell with felonies the law states you can not teach oh well i forgot Bobby hale was behind it dam where is the law now he is not arrested he gets job permotion with the people he screwed that is so funny BOE is stupied and then they will give him a retirement he needs to pay us tax payers back
Ask the Parson Family about Bobby Hale. He married their daughter, who was his first wife and the mother of his two sons. They believe he had something to do with her death, and so did the state police at the time, but they could not prove it. Leapords do not change their spots!!!!
joyce

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

No one has even been brave enough to tackle the boone county board of eduction.
The Cat Whisperer

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

joyce wrote:
No one has even been brave enough to tackle the boone county board of eduction.
I think I am. I have lived here for 30 years and I know too much and I may what to tell you what I know. But then I will draw in the crazies that think they know.
IHBH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

The Cat Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am. I have lived here for 30 years and I know too much and I may what to tell you what I know. But then I will draw in the crazies that think they know.
I think I know what you are talking about...be careful
bill

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

If people want to spill the beans and it is the right information then the news media should be happen to pick it up and run with it.
The Cat Whisper

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

bill wrote:
If people want to spill the beans and it is the right information then the news media should be happen to pick it up and run with it.
I do not trust the news media!!!
james

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

You are probably right about the news media. They probably control or have something over on someone to have the paper print what they want printed.
If it hadn't been for the Charleston papers, the career center mess would have never been made public.
1 post removed
jake

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

It will be interesting to see who files for board seats in the spring.
kathy

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

The incumbents will file and be reelected.
dana

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

After all this information, it does not seem like there is any system of checks and balances.
kent

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

One can only hope that we will have a quality school system one day- hopefully sooner than later.
Just me

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Just some more information that you may not know.. along with the "agreement" the BOE made with Phipps was to pay him his salary for the rest of the 2011-2012 school year. They are not letting everyone know that. So far, it has cost the taxpayers of Boone County approx 725,000.00 for the Boone Career Center decontamination and replacement of equipment and supplies, and approx 200,000.00 in personal items of the teachers/instructors have yet to be replaced. This is in addition of the 96,000.00 salary of Phipps. I'm not sure that the person talking about Vickers having a felony is correct....I do know that Turley had a felony and the ex-board member (female) from the nellis ashford area, had a letter of pardon written for him and signed off on it. Her duaghter is a judge in Charleston now.... Paul Hill is not in Joe's district, he is in Gibson's district.
Just me

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Some more information that you may want to look at that this BOE don't tell parents...Here are two links to the amount of Highly Qualified Teachers Boone County has, and by law our kids are suppose to be taught by. The ONLY county that has less is Mingo. I have posted the summary, but the link has full details...They CAN NOT argue with this. IT IS FACT, and posted on the WV Dept of Education website. The links prove that. The just built a "Science and Math Honors Academy" at the career center, But Sherman has 31% unqualified math teachers and 46% unqualified Science. Van has 34% unqualified math and 59% unqualified science. Scott has 7% unqualified in math BUT they ARE 100% highly qualified in science. NOT PLUGGING SCOTT just giving facts.... go to the links for the proof....

State Total link.(copy and paste into your browser)

http://wveis.k12.wv.us/nclb/pub/rpt0506/Hqual...

The Schools of Boone County

http://wveis.k12.wv.us/nclb/pub/rpt0506/Hqual...

This is the amount of teachers that are not "highly qualified" in each county in WV...Notice Boone is next to last. 1 in 5 teachers in Boone County are NOT HIGHLY QUALIFIED.

HANCOCK 0.00%
OHIO 0.00%
MINERAL 0.50%
HARDY 0.90%
PLEASANTS 1.10%
BRAXTON 1.40%
MARION 1.70%
BROOKE 1.80%
GILMER 1.80%
LEWIS 1.80%
GREENBRIER 2.40%
POCAHONTAS 3.00%
MARSHALL 3.30%
NICHOLAS 3.30%
WETZEL 3.30%
PENDLETON 3.60%
SUMMERS 3.90%
TAYLOR 3.90%
RANDOLPH 4.10%
GRANT 4.30%
TYLER 4.70%
FAYETTE 4.90%
CABELL 5.20%
WAYNE 5.50%
MERCER 5.60%
WYOMING 5.80%
DODDRIDGE 5.90%
UPSHUR 6.40%
HAMPSHIRE 6.50%
WIRT 6.60%
BARBOUR 6.70%
PUTNAM 7.10%
MONONGALIA 7.40%
MASON 7.50%
MCDOWELL 7.70%
ROANE 7.70%
CLAY 7.80%
HARRISON 7.90%
WOOD 7.90%
CALHOUN 9.00%
TUCKER 9.40%
MORGAN 9.50%
MONROE 10.10%
LOGAN 11.00%
LINCOLN 12.40%
WEBSTER 13.50%
KANAWHA 13.60%
RALEIGH 13.60%
BERKELEY 13.80%
JACKSON 13.90%
PRESTON 13.90%
RITCHIE 15.50%
JEFFERSON 18.40%
BOONE 20.10%
MINGO 20.70%

Percent of Classes NOT Taught by Highly Qualified Teachers

County Total 20.10%
JEFFREY-SPENCER ELEMENTARY 2.10%
SHERMAN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL 4.90%
SHERMAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 5.60%
SCOTT HIGH SCHOOL 6.70%
BROOKVIEW ELEMENTARY 8.20%
ASHFORD-RUMBLE ELEMENTARY 9.60%
VAN ELEMENTARY 12.20%
WHITESVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 15.60%
MADISON ELEMENTARY 18.00%
NELLIS ELEMENTARY 23.70%
SHERMAN HIGH SCHOOL 24.50%
RAMAGE ELEMENTARY 30.80%
VAN JUNIOR/SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 38.50%
WHARTON ELEMENTARY 53.60%
MADISON MIDDLE SCHOOL 53.60%
scott

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

No wonder no one wants to work in Boone County- thanks for the info!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Madison Forum right now

Search the Madison Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min George 51,538
Timmy Dolin 1 hr Kevins mom 11
Uneeda Medicine Stop 6 hr Randall 4
Biggest hooters in boone? 16 hr Uhhh 23
Rick Kirk Tue don 3
Bonne Co. Law Enforcement Tue don 15
You dam fonkon hillbillys make me sick Mon Carlton 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Madison Jobs

•••