Why Mitt Romney won't show his taxes

Why Mitt Romney won't show his taxes

Posted in the Madison Forum

Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#1 Aug 15, 2012
There has to be a good reason why Mitt Romney won’t show his tax returns for certain years.

We all know he made a lot of money so that can’t be it. Bain bought companies, loaded them with debt, and paid itself extravagant fees, thereby bankrupting the companies and destroying tens of thousands of jobs. Mitt Romney owned Bain and thus escaped with the money debt that Bain stuck the bankrupt company with and the actual lenders it was borrowed from. Likely legal but still unethical.

There is something in those certain years that will reveal stuff that he doesn’t want to become public.
Think about it for a minute or two. It’s not the amount of wealth or the rate of income tax he paid. He likely paid the proper rate even if it was a low rate. It has to be something else. Mitt Romney’s two known tax returns provide us with a world map pointing to the tax havens Bermuda, Luxembourg, and the Cayman Islands, where Romney and his family have assets, they say each with the tagline “Value: not disclosed in tax returns.”

One thing does make sense that could have happened during those years 2007 through 2009. There was a financial meltdown of the large banks at the end of 2008. Remember that? The banking system was failing and the big crash was on. Remember the big meeting in Washington where the Federal Government stepped in and saved the USA form a Financial Banking collapse?

The big banks had knowledge of their own possible failure long before anyone else. Would they let the big money boys know in advance prior to announce it to the public & government? They sure would in my opinion. A little heads up advance notice that a major banking problem was coming down, guess what the big money boys would do. They would run like hell with their money.

They would be the first to know and bail out of the bank with their money and be long gone. The rest of us small average people would suffer if the bank completely failed. The government is only going to cover only so much.

What makes pure common sense is that Mitt got advanced notice and bailed out of the failing banks. I think his tax returns would show that he moved a lot of wealth out of the country to off shore accounts during that time period in case the whole financial system collapsed. That is why he will not show those certain years of tax returns.

To me it makes the most sense. If you have a better reason I’m all ears.

But likely we will never know because I don’t know of any way that anyone can force him to show his taxes during that time period.
Opinion

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Opinion wrote:
There has to be a good reason why Mitt Romney won’t show his tax returns for certain years.
We all know he made a lot of money so that can’t be it. Bain bought companies, loaded them with debt, and paid itself extravagant fees, thereby bankrupting the companies and destroying tens of thousands of jobs. Mitt Romney owned Bain and thus escaped with the money debt that Bain stuck the bankrupt company with and the actual lenders it was borrowed from. Likely legal but still unethical.
There is something in those certain years that will reveal stuff that he doesn’t want to become public.
Think about it for a minute or two. It’s not the amount of wealth or the rate of income tax he paid. He likely paid the proper rate even if it was a low rate. It has to be something else. Mitt Romney’s two known tax returns provide us with a world map pointing to the tax havens Bermuda, Luxembourg, and the Cayman Islands, where Romney and his family have assets, they say each with the tagline “Value: not disclosed in tax returns.”
One thing does make sense that could have happened during those years 2007 through 2009. There was a financial meltdown of the large banks at the end of 2008. Remember that? The banking system was failing and the big crash was on. Remember the big meeting in Washington where the Federal Government stepped in and saved the USA form a Financial Banking collapse?
The big banks had knowledge of their own possible failure long before anyone else. Would they let the big money boys know in advance prior to announce it to the public & government? They sure would in my opinion. A little heads up advance notice that a major banking problem was coming down, guess what the big money boys would do. They would run like hell with their money.
They would be the first to know and bail out of the bank with their money and be long gone. The rest of us small average people would suffer if the bank completely failed. The government is only going to cover only so much.
What makes pure common sense is that Mitt got advanced notice and bailed out of the failing banks. I think his tax returns would show that he moved a lot of wealth out of the country to off shore accounts during that time period in case the whole financial system collapsed. That is why he will not show those certain years of tax returns.
To me it makes the most sense. If you have a better reason I’m all ears.
But likely we will never know because I don’t know of any way that anyone can force him to show his taxes during that time period.
Will the Democratic Leadership from the top down ever show their tax returns before putting their feet in their mouth.
Dabney Carr

United States

#3 Aug 16, 2012
I would like to see Obama's college transcripts. What's the big secret?
bwahahahahahahhh ahahahhah

Cambria, WI

#4 Aug 19, 2012
http://youtu.be/rsCmiFcRyIc

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medica... May 25 kurtz 1
How does one fight a corrupt Police department? (Jul '08) May 18 Warren1 215
News Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker exits Republican pr... (Sep '15) May 18 Walkers Forecast 27
News FWC aims to protect birds from contaminated fee... May 9 Churchlady 1
Snapchat (Sep '16) Apr 28 James 10
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... (May '15) Apr '17 EdmondWA 84
News The Quran Competition: Madison's Islamic Youth ... (Jul '15) Apr '17 bestie 37

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages