If a House was already foreclosed on before I signed the lease does the have the

Posted in the Madison Forum

wesleyzahri704

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Nov 14, 2013
If a House was already foreclosed on before I signed the lease does the have the right to charge me rent?I live in Florida and just recently moved into a a rental home, I signed the lease on April 20, 2009 and moved in on May 1st. I found out last night that the bank has foreclosed the home and is being auctioned on the 20th of May. When I checked through the courts website I found out that the owner was served on April 6th and new before I signed the lease that he had lost his home. The bank is telling me that I have to move out before or by the auction date. The property manager is charging me a daily rate for every day I stay in the house and will not give me back any of the first, last and security until I move out which is unacceptable to me, I need that money back to move. Can they legally charge me rent for everyday that I stay in this house, on a house that he does not own anymore? me and my family have lived in the house for six days and now i have to find and move to a different home by the end of next week. Everyone that I have talked to hasn't been able to help me so any kind of help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacy Mae Dodson Nov 16 Concerned 1
Estes Mill Sep '14 fabulousc 1
Complaints about Dogwood Valley Roads (Aug '09) Sep '14 Rossie A 468
commando singapore (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tan 1
People who have been in debt counseling program... (Nov '13) Jan '14 john cartner 3
Need proxy sites for school? (Nov '13) Jan '14 linda 3
What song is stuck in your head right now...? (Dec '13) Dec '13 xupomimuzyh 2
Madison Dating
Find my Match

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:44 am PST