Four Groveport Madison students charg...

Four Groveport Madison students charged after drug sweep | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 142 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 6, 2011, titled Four Groveport Madison students charged after drug sweep | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A police sweep of Groveport Madison High School this morning led to four students being charged with possession of illegal substances or drug paraphernalia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Don Simpson

Columbus, OH

#1 May 6, 2011
I don't smoke marijuana but I never leave home without a marijuana pipe though.
wirenut

Bucyrus, OH

#2 May 6, 2011
Wow what a large drug bust that was couple bags and a couple pipes bet that was worth the taxpayer expense.What a joke. Now send those evil kids to the slammer and throw away the key. Whats wrong with this picture folks?
wirenut

Bucyrus, OH

#3 May 6, 2011
Madison twp. police proposed the sweep and NOT the school? HMMMM Is anyone thinking job security? With all the copper thefts and break ins HOW ABOUT SOME BUSSINESS CHECKS and patrols at night.lets not walk our dogs at the expense of the tax payer.
Archie Bunker on Steroids

Columbus, OH

#4 May 6, 2011
NINE agencies were involved? How much money did we have to pay all these doughnut eaters to do this "bust"?

Just pot, and they didn't even find enough for anything more than misdemeanor counts? WAY TO GO SARGENT STADANKO!!!

Obviously they have an excess of tax revenue, or they wouldn't waste the big bucks like this to confiscate a few joints and 2 pipes.
Just Listening

United States

#5 May 6, 2011
They must have proud parents. But, if anyone of them was on the football team they will be playing this fall. Maybe they also got reduced lunches?

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#7 May 6, 2011
Well wrote:
Those potheads should be booted from school. Liberals teach kids "don't worry - there are never any consequences for your actions." I believe there should be consequences, including a police record so employers and colleges can avoid them in the future. Once an addict, ALWAYS an addict.
Oh boy...an addict, really?
UNREAL

Zanesville, OH

#9 May 6, 2011
I'm not understanding what all of you are complaining about. Am I to assume you'd rather the police officers NOT do their jobs? They obviously found something going on that shouldn't have been. It could have been much worse. Just be thankful they only found four "druggie" students in your PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW SCHOOL.

You should be thanking them instead of bashing them. If they were't doing their jobs, you'd be the first idiots to complain!!! Get over yourselves.
Bottom Line

Lancaster, OH

#11 May 6, 2011
Illegal drug use is indicative of a severe character flaw.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#12 May 6, 2011
wirenut wrote:
Wow what a large drug bust that was couple bags and a couple pipes bet that was worth the taxpayer expense.What a joke. Now send those evil kids to the slammer and throw away the key. Whats wrong with this picture folks?
I suppose you advocate the use of drugs by high school students. I bet you're real popular at sleep overs.
Just Saying

Columbus, OH

#14 May 6, 2011
NO WAY!!!! This could never happen!
BIG JOE

New Albany, OH

#17 May 6, 2011
Well wrote:
Those potheads should be booted from school. Liberals teach kids "don't worry - there are never any consequences for your actions." I believe there should be consequences, including a police record so employers and colleges can avoid them in the future. Once an addict, ALWAYS an addict.
Is that last sentence from experience? Glad the dogs and Gestapo weren't around in the 70's,the evil doers would have outnumbered them 5 to 1 .Far out man!
too bad

Pickerington, OH

#19 May 6, 2011
ima idiott wrote:
90% of all "students" above the age of 15 in the united states of america do drugs. Period.
who gives a rats ****
no, they don't.. You are completely innacurate. The only piece accurate about your post is your name....Sorry
Working Lady

Columbus, OH

#20 May 6, 2011
Or, maybe the kids knew of the search...usually these things are leaked.
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#21 May 6, 2011
ima idiott wrote:
You're a man and I am going to give you a choice between two women. The first one is just like Doris Day in every respect. The second one is very soft spoken, walks very slowly, dresses like a prostitute, dark lipstick and lip gloss, lots of perfume and she loves to smoke pot.
But you only can have one of them. Which one do you want?
Doris.
A lot less likely to have crabs and stuff like that.
getreal ohio

Columbus, OH

#22 May 6, 2011
ima idiott wrote:
You're a man and I am going to give you a choice between two women. The first one is just like Doris Day in every respect. The second one is very soft spoken, walks very slowly, dresses like a prostitute, dark lipstick and lip gloss, lots of perfume and she loves to smoke pot.
But you only can have one of them. Which one do you want?
Doris Day...you're showing your age old man!
Its About Time

United States

#23 May 6, 2011
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
The slutty one
Agreed, but go light on the perfume please?
I don't condone students bringing drugs to schools but you morons who refer to them as "addicts" should probably clean out your liquor cabinets and such. And, I'm amazed they only caught 4 students. Dogs must have been having an off day.
ever notice

Lancaster, OH

#24 May 6, 2011
BIG JOE wrote:
<quoted text>Is that last sentence from experience? Glad the dogs and Gestapo weren't around in the 70's,the evil doers would have outnumbered them 5 to 1 .Far out man!
Those same brain-dead hippies are the very people destroying our country at this moment.
Groveport Parent

United States

#25 May 6, 2011
wirenut wrote:
There is nothing wrong with this picture. Should be done more often ... and kids not slapped on the hands. Nothing wrong with a little jail time for them to try to learn a lesson. If a lesson is learned by one, then it is all good.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#27 May 6, 2011
Bubbles wrote:
This is pitiful. It's just pot. These kids' lives will be changed forever just because they like to smoke a little weed.
Last I checked, pot is just a plant. It just grows. It's natural. Can't say that about booze, prescription meds or even smokes, yet they're all legal. We are such an idiotic society. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.
You are welcome to "leave" this society any time you like, and good riddance
Bottom Line

Lancaster, OH

#28 May 6, 2011
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious..........have you ever had a beer? Oh, nevermind, since it's legal, it means you have no character flaws, right? Idiot.
Your following comment on the "Missing Teens in Costa Rica" thread is also indicative of a character flaw:

Bubbles: "Ummm, isn't it a little late for prayers for these kids?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart meat (Jul '09) 12 hr Andrus 41
Allie sawyers Sep '17 Bams 1
Western Reserve Hardware Aug '17 Dave 1
Are realtors really helping our county? (Apr '17) Jul '17 Novasikz 2
News 100 years ago with Charlie Miller Jul '17 Big Johnson 1
Pizza Hut is FALSE ADVERTISING (Jan '10) Jun '17 22 year chef 57
Why does Citizens Band Radio Jammer W8XLR conti... (May '15) Aug '16 Oh Oh 9

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance