Student debt becomes stifling

Student debt becomes stifling

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Student debt becomes stifling. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

It's no small thing to make it to the top of one of U.S. News and World Report's college lists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Alan Collinge

United States

#1 Nov 18, 2007
Nearly all standard consumer protections have been removed by Congress rom student loans. This is the real problem.

They need to be restored.

Come to studentloanjustice.org to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 18, 2007
If you think education is expensive, you should see how much stupid costs!~ Jon Corzine
Jimmy

AOL

#3 Nov 18, 2007
"Paradoxically, students at some of the most expensive schools have the least debt. That's because schools such as Princeton University in Princeton, N.J., and Drew University in Madison, N.J., which cost more than $40,000 for students who live on campus, have large endowments that allow the institutions to supplement tuition for middle-class and lower-income students."

Uh. no. It's BECAUSE the kids who go to Princeton and similar schools tend to come from disproportionately WEALTHY families who can pay high tuition. Seton Hall is a blue-collar Catholic commuter school.
lynn lee

Bel Air, MD

#4 Nov 19, 2007
I am appalled that your article online about student debt for college has a large google add for alternate loans for students. Lets just get them even more into debt!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suburban bakery Jul 15 Afurie 1
News Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, spa... Jul 9 totallydisgusted 4
News A July 4th trip on New Jersey's Revolutionary W... Jul 2 Corrupt NJ 1
Regret selling box set of Lord of the Rings to ... Jun '17 Eddie 1
recommendation for someone to finish wood floors Jun '17 Jackie_12345 2
Awesome Bar Mitzvah Videos Jun '17 RuslanV 1
Compressor for air conditioner May '17 Sallyanne Oettinger 1

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages