Judge throws out suit against 'The He...

Judge throws out suit against 'The Help' author

There are 11 comments on the KLEW-TV Lewiston story from Aug 16, 2011, titled Judge throws out suit against 'The Help' author. In it, KLEW-TV Lewiston reports that:

In this July 30, 2011 photo, author Kathryn Stockett poses by a poster for the movie made from her book prior to a benefit screening of "The Help" in Madison, Miss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEW-TV Lewiston.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 16, 2011
Of course she stole the idea and made money off of it, that's all WP have ever done.
WW were mammies and housekeepers too back in those days, why didn't she just tailor her book around those realities? Because it would have NEVER sold. Whites use blacks and think it's okay.
If I were Mrs. cooper I wouldn't have wasted my time sueing her, people that lie like she did ALWAYS get what's coming to them. It may not come quickly as we'd like but they do end up paying for being so dishonest!
malaya

Rockwall, TX

#2 Aug 16, 2011
Oops!! Crazy my family said it was my gramma house family in Greenville I guess it could be any of us. She had some similar things happen to her to. Heck it don't bother me none. Good Lord is in control.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#3 Aug 18, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
Of course she stole the idea and made money off of it, that's all WP have ever done.
WW were mammies and housekeepers too back in those days, why didn't she just tailor her book around those realities? Because it would have NEVER sold. Whites use blacks and think it's okay.
If I were Mrs. cooper I wouldn't have wasted my time sueing her, people that lie like she did ALWAYS get what's coming to them. It may not come quickly as we'd like but they do end up paying for being so dishonest!
I don't feel too bad because I'm thinking the maid was a big mouth, frying pan waving sister like you who wouldn't know how to spend the money anyway.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 19, 2011
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't feel too bad because I'm thinking the maid was a big mouth, frying pan waving sister like you who wouldn't know how to spend the money anyway.
When will people like you learn, if you can't say something nice or just with a little bit of intelligence, don't say anything at all, When?
Satan

Iceland

#5 Aug 19, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
Truth be Told.
It has been BW for the last 400 years that has raised White kids from well to do families. Personally, I would agree to reparations to BW and not even think twice about it.
The Irony is that story is based on events not less then 10 miles from ME.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#6 Sep 1, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
<quoted text>When will people like you learn, if you can't say something nice or just with a little bit of intelligence, don't say anything at all, When?
Here's something nice:

Kiss my black ...

No ... I'm going to go there.
WHAT Chosen people

Sarasota, FL

#7 Sep 19, 2011
Hitler said the Germans were the master race ............. Joe Lieberman , Abe Foxman and the zionist hollywood moguls portray izraeli racism as good ............ in the land of zionism ......... the Mighty Hebrews attacked the USS LIBERTY and WTC ............. WHILE THE MEDIA BLAMED MUSLIMS .............. CUI BONO - Israel benefited from the 911 INSIDE JOB .

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 9, 2011
Wow, lady you have problems. Every fictional character in every novel is based whole or in part on someone the author knew, heard about or read about.
You don't own the monopoly on every injustice done in this country. Your generalizations are no better than those in the book. So how does it feel to be racist? Don't like being called that? Don't feel like you are racist? Now you know how a whole lot of white people feel.
We have to get over it, I suggest you do as well or your honey beez are going to fly away.
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:

Location hidden

#9 Oct 11, 2011
been there63 wrote:
Wow, lady you have problems. Every fictional character in every novel is based whole or in part on someone the author knew, heard about or read about.
You don't own the monopoly on every injustice done in this country. Your generalizations are no better than those in the book. So how does it feel to be racist? Don't like being called that? Don't feel like you are racist? Now you know how a whole lot of white people feel.
We have to get over it, I suggest you do as well or your honey beez are going to fly away.
<quoted text>
Do you really think I care about what you or anybody that thinks they're somebody, calls me? Really?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 11, 2011
No more than anyone really cares what you believe to be true...
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think I care about what you or anybody that thinks they're somebody, calls me? Really?

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#11 Oct 12, 2011
MizzHoneyBeeZ wrote:
<quoted text>When will people like you learn, if you can't say something nice or just with a little bit of intelligence, don't say anything at all, When?
Like you did in your first post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Anybody Anywhere 21,174
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Sep 12 James Smith 97
Interracial Couples (Jun '10) Sep 10 Soon to be Fr 31
Nissan Is not an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Sep 7 ThomasA 3
Rayme's Marketplace Flora MS. Aug 31 TERRY 1
News Bond set for teen charged in stabbing, robbery ... Aug 31 Advents 1
News Keep Confederate statues in Congress: They let ... Aug 27 Christsharian Dee... 23

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages