How would you rate Tupelo police?

Oct 26, 2012 Full story: Newms360.com 59

Residents currently have the chance to report what they like and don't like about Tupelo's police force.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anon

Tupelo, MS

#1 Oct 26, 2012
It is impossible for the police to do their job when the city council makes laws and do not fund the enforcement.
Thismanystars

Sumrall, MS

#2 Oct 30, 2012
........('
.........\
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Tupelo is in sad shape from Mayor to the cops on patrol. The good officers must deal with the crooks on the force and at city hall. But shouldn't we wonder how a man who can deal with a badge and a gun can be hired to work rotating shifts for less than school teachers are paid. I am grateful there are a few good officers.
The truth

Hattiesburg, MS

#4 Nov 10, 2012
The Tupelo police will win every reward they apply for, why? Because evil always wins on this earth. There are is 1 good apple in every bunch, but the truth is most the officers are affraid and for good reason. Conscious, how many officers have ruined the lives of good people, lied to a grand jury, and fabricated entire stories on police reports, nearly every single officer. When I went through BLET we were told it is better the guilty go free than the innocent be convicted. Truth is you are guilty until proven innocent. So torture, beat, convict and throw stones, the country we have now is led by example. How is the Country doing?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#5 Nov 11, 2012
"The Tupelo police will win every reward they apply for, why?"
==========
Awards are meaningless. It is like winning a sporting event nothing has changed the moral and ethical behavior of the citizens. The police can only be as good as the citizens behavior is responsible.
Benny A

AOL

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Officer Wiggington is the most profecional officer on the department.He gave me a ticket once,and showed me respect.I wouldnt want to make him mad though.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Benny A wrote:
Officer Wiggington is the most profecional officer on the department.He gave me a ticket once,and showed me respect.I wouldnt want to make him mad though.
Why did you get a ticket? Do you have no respect for the law?
Anonymous

Madison, MS

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Would rate them as criminal, and a danger to themselves and others. Everyone knows this, and if CALEA accredits Tupelo it discredits itself.
CopBlock

Belden, MS

#9 Nov 19, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/MississippiCopBlock

Keep cops accountable, badges don't grant extra rights!
i like cops

Madison, MS

#11 Nov 21, 2012
not
anon

Tupelo, MS

#12 Nov 21, 2012
i like cops wrote:
not
If that were true you would call them police.
Tupelos Finest

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 24, 2012
. Only cowards post messages like that, I did what I had to do, it was my job, I'll see your in court.
LEO on Patrol

Duluth, GA

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Just be good civilians. You people need to learn your places - obey the law and we won't have issues with you. Stop nit-picking every minor insignificant detail you can find and just let us do our jobs.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#16 Nov 24, 2012
Tupelos Finest wrote:
. Only cowards post messages like that, I did what I had to do, it was my job, I'll see your in court.
Average Police IQ 100. No you do not just follow orders and do your job. You are supposed to use common sense. You are just a tax collector.

Those that got convicted of war crimes also just did their job.
LEO on Patrol

Duluth, GA

#17 Nov 25, 2012
You have absolutely no clue what is going in... stupid civilian.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#18 Nov 25, 2012
Excuse me LEO. You don't want the public to "nit-pick" you, but you want to nit-pick us from behind your badge. You issue a citation for ONE tag light being burned out that costs the driver half a day off work and $100. TALK ABOUT NIT-PICKING.....
LEO on Patrol

Duluth, GA

#19 Nov 25, 2012
We can issues tickets as we see fit, even for the smallest things such as low air in your tires ... which would be considered 'improper equipement' so don't press our patience, just let us do our jobs.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#20 Nov 25, 2012
"We can issues tickets as we see fit,"
"don't press our patience, "
==========
If the deal is you enforce the law than it your duty to write the ticket for low air. You can not write tickets for losing your patience. What it comes down to is selective enforcement which means laws do not count at all. You might wonder when people start being the kind that blow things up like third world countries. Can you not see why laws do not stop crime?
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#21 Nov 25, 2012
The thin blue line seems to be somewhat crooked.
DSC

United States

#23 Nov 26, 2012
Chad Harville is the best!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
roger c blevins Sun beware of this ab... 1
Country Inn & Suites (Mar '14) Sat Richlandgirl2 6
Pretty girls in richland and ugly bfs Sat Richland2 1
Date Sat Marie 5
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Dec 25 jenstriegel 14
Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) Dec 24 Swedenforever 26
Madison Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:41 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:41PM