Pilot electronic court filing system ...

Pilot electronic court filing system to be tested in Madison

There are 2 comments on the Madison County Herald story from Oct 1, 2007, titled Pilot electronic court filing system to be tested in Madison. In it, Madison County Herald reports that:

“It's a very significant tribute to (Johnston and Westbrook) and our court system to be selected for this program”

Madison County has been picked to be a pilot county in testing the federal court filing system on a state level. via Madison County Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Madison County Herald.

Paul Bush

New York, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2007
This is wonderful and would be a great accomplishment if implemented successfully.

CM/ECF is used (nearly) nationwide and has been utilized to process millions of filings in U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts over the years. Even U.S. Appellate Courts have begun to go live with this system. It provides court case management, public access, electronic filing and noticing, with a uniform user interface.

Across the country state judiciaries have made the mistake of developing their software from scratch, which has resulted in great delays, wasted money, and produced inferior products. Additionally, a small number of states instead of building their own system, allowed vendors to develop software for them, which in one state has resulted in a court case information monopoly, and high fees for the public.

I applaud Mississippi for making the logical decision to try to use the existing CM/ECF product in their state courts!
Barry Knesal

Odessa, TX

#2 Feb 7, 2009
What ever. If a private business messes up you get somebody else to do it. I'm from Ms. and this is an attempt to kill business opportunities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nigel Farage says 'Trump was my warm-up' and dr... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 4
Don't work for total transportation 6 hr Greg 2
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 16 hr Le Jimbo 66
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Hipocrit 20,505
News Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... (Jun '14) Aug 24 Tammy Fayes doghouse 108
Trump will win, wait and see just watch Aug 23 sgt Witold Kowal 1
News Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) Aug 21 Ivankas Russia 56

Madison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages