Pilot electronic court filing system to be tested in Madison

Oct 1, 2007 Full story: Madison County Herald

“It's a very significant tribute to (Johnston and Westbrook) and our court system to be selected for this program”

Madison County has been picked to be a pilot county in testing the federal court filing system on a state level. via Madison County Herald

Full Story
Paul Bush

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2007
This is wonderful and would be a great accomplishment if implemented successfully.

CM/ECF is used (nearly) nationwide and has been utilized to process millions of filings in U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts over the years. Even U.S. Appellate Courts have begun to go live with this system. It provides court case management, public access, electronic filing and noticing, with a uniform user interface.

Across the country state judiciaries have made the mistake of developing their software from scratch, which has resulted in great delays, wasted money, and produced inferior products. Additionally, a small number of states instead of building their own system, allowed vendors to develop software for them, which in one state has resulted in a court case information monopoly, and high fees for the public.

I applaud Mississippi for making the logical decision to try to use the existing CM/ECF product in their state courts!
Barry Knesal

Fargo, ND

#2 Feb 7, 2009
What ever. If a private business messes up you get somebody else to do it. I'm from Ms. and this is an attempt to kill business opportunities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) 3 hr jenstriegel 14
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Bently 19,568
Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) Wed Swedenforever 26
Review: Ramelli Waste Dec 23 mark Coleman 1
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Dec 22 Quit 1,991
Bryant protests immigrant children being housed... Dec 19 Creekman 27
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... (Jun '14) Dec 17 Swedenforever 53
Madison Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:17 pm PST

NBC Sports12:17PM