One of Shanda Sharer's killers, Melinda Loveless, wants out of prison

Oct 11, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDRB-TV Louisville

“Oh I don't think anyone will ever forget it, no nobody's gonna forget it.”

One of the area's most notorious teenage killers wants out of prison. The people of Madison, Indiana are outraged she now wants out. via WDRB-TV Louisville

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WynonasBigBrownB eaver

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

African Opinion wrote:
Its been eleven years since beautiful shanda's life was cut short. Those asking for release of Melinda should take her place in prison...what if it was one of their relatives?
The crime was so shocking it is known in my home country Kenya thousands of miles away from where it happened.
Reneee you should be investigated seeing as you agree with what Melinda did to Shanda. If stupidity were a crime you would probably be life imprisoned.
11 years?

Try 21 years.
mean momma

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I read this book Cruel sacrifice as a teenager and I remember the nauseating feeling i felt when i finished it. I put the book far away n a box. It haunted me still. When i was about 20 I read it again to gain a new aspect on the crime. I was still sickened but my nausea also came when reading Melindas story. Now dont misconstrue my feelings, I believe these girls are evil but I believe the parents that created and leftvyhem unprotected from the harm they suffered as children shouldve been punished as well. I am now a 33 year old mother of a 13 year old bisexually curious young lady. When she "came out" to me this book agaon begun to haunt me. Which is why im here now. LISTEN carefully to teens n children. What they plan n s fit of rage or anger is usually followed up on.
Dee

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Some of you people are disgusting. These women are MURDERERS. It doesn't matter how old they were or how horrible the victim was perceived to be. They took a human life and in a cruel, disgusting and horrible way. There aren't many people who can do that. They KILLED someone and should serve every last second of their sentence.
Renee

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

This link is the program Melinda is involved with, and Shanda's mother is in support of it. I would encourage everyone to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
whatever

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Renee wrote:
An innocent 12 year old cild? Is that supposed to be funny?

I wouldn't consider anybody innocent especially someone like Shanda. I've read cruel Sacrifice and Shanda wasn't a very kind or understanding young girl and contributed as much to her own murder as those girls did. Children are not innocent in God's eye, we are all born into sin. Shanda is no more a child than Melinda was. I knew better when I was Shanda's age.

There are actually 12 year old girls in the Bible who were killed pretty much like Shanda for behaving like her. And yes God decides when and how each person leaves this Earth. We were cursed when Eve bit the apple. As Video Guy pointed out, he often commands of, approves and delights in the murder of young girls and children.

Infact God hates homosexuals. So I guess you all want those girls to be tortured and set on fire like Shanda was would get their wish and all of those girls would be dead like Shanda was supposed to be according to the Bible.

BUT Jesus came and changed the old law. Whether those girls new right from wrong it doesn't matter, theyshould have been rehabilitated. We are supposed to forgive and forget no matter what sin a person commits which this society does not do which is why it's so fucked up. Shanda is not exempt from this. Hellfire awaits you just like it would Shanda and her friends and family unless they accept Jesus.

If all those girls would have been practising Christians this crime would have not taken place. They were all lost. But Shanda had no excuse. She had good parents, was not mentally ill or anything like that. So why don't you blame this crime on the world instead of young girls.
Wow
Whitney

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Renee wrote:
An innocent 12 year old cild? Is that supposed to be funny?
I wouldn't consider anybody innocent especially someone like Shanda. I've read cruel Sacrifice and Shanda wasn't a very kind or understanding young girl and contributed as much to her own murder as those girls did. Children are not innocent in God's eye, we are all born into sin. Shanda is no more a child than Melinda was. I knew better when I was Shanda's age.
There are actually 12 year old girls in the Bible who were killed pretty much like Shanda for behaving like her. And yes God decides when and how each person leaves this Earth. We were cursed when Eve bit the apple. As Video Guy pointed out, he often commands of, approves and delights in the murder of young girls and children.
Infact God hates homosexuals. So I guess you all want those girls to be tortured and set on fire like Shanda was would get their wish and all of those girls would be dead like Shanda was supposed to be according to the Bible.
BUT Jesus came and changed the old law. Whether those girls new right from wrong it doesn't matter, theyshould have been rehabilitated. We are supposed to forgive and forget no matter what sin a person commits which this society does not do which is why it's so fucked up. Shanda is not exempt from this. Hellfire awaits you just like it would Shanda and her friends and family unless they accept Jesus.
If all those girls would have been practising Christians this crime would have not taken place. They were all lost. But Shanda had no excuse. She had good parents, was not mentally ill or anything like that. So why don't you blame this crime on the world instead of young girls.

You are a horrible horrible person, I hope you know that. I am lost for words, I can't believe what I just read, people like you make me sick.
MR Muscle

Morristown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Dee wrote:
Some of you people are disgusting. These women are MURDERERS. It doesn't matter how old they were or how horrible the victim was perceived to be. They took a human life and in a cruel, disgusting and horrible way. There aren't many people who can do that. They KILLED someone and should serve every last second of their sentence.
Hello Dee. I totally agree. I not only think they should serve every bit of their prison sentence but put them all in a womens chain gang. Put them all in a womens chain gang were they have to work from sunup to sundown everyday, and they are also required to have Shanda's photos on the wall in their cell 24/7 to keep haunting them.I have no sympathy for them at all. None.
mariana

Lisbon, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. Comments such as this are the reason I shit on your religion. Learn some compassion. Nothing 12 year old Shanda could have done justifies what happened to her. Her murderers belong in jail.
SteveSharer

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Why is NASCAR’s Tony Stewart’s foundation for disabled children supporting a prison program led by a convicted child killer?
ICAN is a prison dog-training program Stewart supports and high-profile child killer Melinda Loveless is an active dog trainer there. Melinda masterminded the 1992 kidnapping, torture, and murder (burned alive) of 12-yr-old Shanda Sharer.
Fellow inmate and assisted murderer of Shanda, Hope Rippey was in the ICAN program and was released early under suspicious circumstances.
Search:“Hope Rippey”+”Early Release”

ICAN’s mission statement is,“To qualify for the program, offenders must have a background clear of violent behavior.”
So why is Melinda, and Hope before her in this program? Indiana prisons are overflowing with non-violent offenders, so better choices are available.

There is no way Tony does not know about Melinda and Hope with his active support and participation with this prison program.

Tony Stewart’s affiliation to ICAN
Search “ICAN”+”Tony Stewart Foundation”

Time: November 10, 2012 from 5:30pm to 10:30pm
City/Town: Indianapolsi
Event Type: fundraiser, celebration
Organized By: Dino Sierp – ICAN
ICAN'S Decade of Dogs - 10 years of unleashing abilities and changing lives - on both ends f the leash.
Nascar Champion Tony Stewart and Indy Car Team Owner, Sarah Fisher are honorary co-chairs.
http://community.petpalstv.com/events/ican-de...

The pups were donated by the Tony Stewart Foundation to the Indiana Canine Assistance Network.
The correctional facility here is the fourth prison to work with ICAN.
http://flyergroup.com/local/x1896326263/Inmat...

Irwin also said that ICAN partners with the Tony Stewart Foundation for financial support,
http://www.zoominfo.com/CachedPage/...
SteveSharer

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

ICAN appears to support only religious Caucasian inmates and the beneficiaries of the dogs they train appear to be only Caucasian as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Sally Irvin is affiliated with an all white prison ministry called Kairos. Both Hope and Melinda are converted born again Christians while incarcerated.
http://kpmifoundation.org/index.php

Sally’s blog post with Hope Rippey (Anna R) as a follower. Anna is Hope’s middle name.
http://icanholidaylitter.blogspot.com/
SteveSharer

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

It appears there is another attempt to release Melinda with ICAN propaganda videos coming out of Charlotte NC where Tony’s racing team is located. One Charlie Petrizzo:
Search; “Charlie’s Scars”
An x-Wachovia banker and 1% GOPer, intimidated and threatened to sue Brenda Nyberg. Brenda created the petition to keep Melinda Loveless in prison and passed recently due to the added stress Charlie created. Brenda was a disabled grandmother caring for her special needs grandson. Stewarts bullying on the track is one thing, but associated with the bullying of a good person, disabled grandmother with special needs grandson, who recently passed is something Stewart should answer for. Is Stewart connected to Petrizzo? If Stewart used his NASCAR standings for political favors in Indiana and this ICAN program, NASCAR is just as responsible.
Petrizzo annd his bank stole the SS of senior citizens as to how he gained his wealth, they now eat cat food!
SteveSharer

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Patty Spitler, of Pet Pals TV, hosted the event with Sarah Fisher and Tony Stewart (by video) opening the evening with words of inspiration
In addition, we extend our sincere thanks to the following businesses for their generous support:
Tony Stewart Foundation
· Sarah Fisher Hartman (Stewarts race car builder)
· The Sanctuary
· Pet Pals TV
· Liz Kaye Photography
· Periculum Capital Company, LLC
· WFYI
· Lilly
· Payne & Mencias Group/Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
· Community Health Network Foundation
· Puppy Playground
· Community Health Network - Hook Rehabilitation Center
· Little Dreamers
· Sim-Pac Incorporated
· Community Health Network
· SmallBox
· J.P. Morgan, Private Banking
· Walker
· Blice Edwards
· Printing Partners
· Whiteland Raceway Park (Stewarts Racetrack)
http://www.icandog.org/events/a-decade-of-dog...
Ella

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Renee you are a heartless bitch, regardless of her behaviour she did not deserve to suffer in that manner for as long as she did. No one deseves that except perhaps her killers. May you rot in hell!
MR Muscle

Morristown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Like I have said before Melinda loveless can be released from prison when Shanda rises up from her grave and releases her....
very sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Do I think that Melinda is remorseful ? Maybe so. Do I think she deserves to be fee ? No. They all claimed they didn't want to kill her and started pointing fingers on who did what. Bottom line is not one of them did anything to stop it from happening. I read the book " cruel sacrifice " and I have never cried reading a book till now.
Controversial

Madison, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

When these now women committed these crimes they were still young girls when they committed these crimes. They were absolutely horrible, and cruel. You have to remember they will also have to function in society with a reputation and people knowing what they did. If she got out it probably wouldn't be long before she would want to go back, because I doubt life on the outside would be pleasant.
Kerry

Ketchikan, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

A child was tortured and murdered. The convicted got what they deserved. I only wish it was more. What would you do if the child was yours?
nope

Hanover, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Renee you are inhuman and disgusting!
I went to school with Laurie, Toni, and Hope and would never imagine them doing this. BUT THEY DID and now 2 are walking as free as the birds! I have not, will not, and never will speak to none of them again! "Oh pitty me and I am rehabilitated and set me free!" BULLSNAP!! I know if it was my kid, there would not have been tax payers money spent on 4 worthless people, but just 1 revengeful mother! I see Toni often (can't believe she came back to town after her release!) But I can't even look at her!! They all make me sick and they have yet paid the price! They should be charged with the death of Shandas father too!!!
Just Me

Monroe, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

So sad....People have to use Steve Sharer's name to further their own stuff, or to get attention.
Steve Sharer is dead, and hopefully with his daughter.
What kind of animal would use HIS name to post on topix?
Maybe you think you are in the right, but to use his name....absolutely disgusting.
Are you kidding me

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

The only innocent one, in this horrific murder, is the victim. Every one of those heartless demons will burn, in their afterlife.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Madison Forum right now

Search the Madison Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IKE closing 5 hr Stood over 25
murder in madison indiana in 1973 (Oct '13) 7 hr Lost One 8
ThotsInMadison 9 hr imblack 8
Dusty Blevins 15 hr My man 9
Union.at mpp Mon WTF News 2
Any hot gays in town? (Jan '14) Mon WTF News 14
trailer park Mon HalfOfMadison 5
•••
•••