indictment: 1st-degree murder in eliz...

indictment: 1st-degree murder in elizabeth jones murder case

There are 5 comments on the www.suwanneedemocrat.com story from Feb 21, 2009, titled indictment: 1st-degree murder in elizabeth jones murder case. In it, www.suwanneedemocrat.com reports that:

A Suwannee County grand jury indicted a Live Oak woman Thursday for first-degree murder in a November 2008 stabbing death outside a local nightspot. Lace Laronda Jelks, 23, was indicted in the Nov. 15 death of 31-year-old Elizabeth Jones, who suffered multiple stab wounds during a fight in the parking lot of Illusions, a non-alcoholic club in the Suwannee County Mall. Jones later died at Shands Live Oak. A fight began inside the club at about 3:45 a.m. after Jones and Jelks, who were dancing, "bumped into each other several times," according to a report from Det. Sgt. Ron Shaw of the Live Oak Police Department. The fight was broken up but started back in the parking lot after Jones reportedly confronted Jelks as she attempted to get into a vehicle driven by Kelli Sue Coulter, said Shaw. Coulter then entered the fray, Shaw said. According to police, a knife entered the fight at some point and Jones suffered multiple stab wounds. Coulter, also of Live Oak, has been charged as an accessory after the fact in the incident. The nightclub was closed soon after the incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.suwanneedemocrat.com.

lea

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2009
This is not justice. These girls attacked my sister. May Liz rest in peace but you do not follow someone inside of a car, it makes it self defense. I wish the public could have seen the damage done to my truck by my theses people. Lacey was trying to leave and to charge her with first degree murder is not just. Yes, Lacey acted out of fear and she panic. once she realized what was going on she called 911 and she drove to the hospital. Justice will prevail.
the editor

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Feb 25, 2009
lea wrote:
This is not justice. These girls attacked my sister. May Liz rest in peace but you do not follow someone inside of a car, it makes it self defense. I wish the public could have seen the damage done to my truck by my theses people. Lacey was trying to leave and to charge her with first degree murder is not just. Yes, Lacey acted out of fear and she panic. once she realized what was going on she called 911 and she drove to the hospital. Justice will prevail.
Well from the statement lacey gave to the police they fought from inside the club to the truck she said liz retreated and she got the knife from inside the truck and then went on to attack her more the reason why she went to the hospital was to see if she was dead also she was talking s#it to liz's family saying she hope she died..so yes this is justice if she has no remorse for the life she took they should put her a$$ in jail for life because liz lost her life..the bible says and eye for an eye ,also how is it self defense when the other person isnt armed wit a weapon? thats murder in the first degree
Anonymous

Bradenton, FL

#3 Aug 12, 2009
I believe that justice should be served for Lace but not under First Degree Murder. I say that only because this incident was not premeditated she didnt have this planned out. Whose to say how that night would have ended if the knife wasn't brought into the fight. Would Liz be sitting in the court room? Would several people be charged because there was more people that should be held accountable on some kind of charge. I believe Lace feared for her life being sorrounded by so many people. Your first instinct is to protect yourself.I know I would. Have you ever been in a situation where you were scared and your mind is racing and your thoughts aren't clear because of the fear you have. If I had several people attacking me or threatening me I would have that fear inside me. I knew Liz I worked with her about 8yrs ago she was a nice woman and was always smiling I feel for her family, her children, and her Boyfriend. I do not condone what part Lace played in this but in a way I feel that the charge she is facing is way too harsh. It was partly self defense when they pulled Liz's body from the ground it was partially under the vehicle driven by Kelli and Lace that goes to show the fight was again provoked by Liz. I say a lesser charge should be handed down to Lace. Charges for Kelli should stay the same. R.I.P. Liz may God bless you and your family. Also be with Lace because only you and her know what really happened in the hearts and minds of those girls that unfortunate night.
the truth

Apo, AE

#4 Sep 5, 2009
I think she should be charged with murder because the bottom line is:
" elizabeth jones is deceased!!!!!:"

Lace is dead wrong for what she did,no one deserves to die unless it's their time.
Murder is murder! no matter how or why it was committed.

May god be with Liz and her family and also with Lace because believe me she is gonna need him!
Anonymous

Alachua, FL

#5 Aug 5, 2017
the truth wrote:
I think she should be charged with murder because the bottom line is:
" elizabeth jones is deceased!!!!!:"

Lace is dead wrong for what she did,no one deserves to die unless it's their time.
Murder is murder! no matter how or why it was committed.

May god be with Liz and her family and also with Lace because believe me she is gonna need him!
Im the son of my mom tht got killed its been 9 years and i think i need to see the two tht killed my mom bc i really miss her so much and mom im going all the way from the bottom of my heart i love you so much one day i will see those ladies tht killed my mom i just really want to see them so bad bc im going to show them tht im the son and it hearts from the heart to see my mom go away tht one day will come before i head to colloge 2020 if the lords will love you so much mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Cop hired by Tony Cameron (Dec '11) 15 hr WhiteDevilKingOfT... 26
Suwannee Co DRUG DEALERS (Apr '16) 15 hr WhiteDevilKingOfT... 12
narc snitch (Nov '16) 15 hr WhiteDevilKingOfT... 13
Paganism in Live Oak FL (Jan '12) Sep 26 Done 4
Jennings Music Thread (Apr '16) Aug '18 Musikologist 5
News Body found by RR tracks (Jun '16) Feb '17 Madisoncowboy 2
Sign that reads Day 23 (Apr '10) Jan '17 Slick 3

Madison Jobs

Personal Finance

Madison Mortgages