Check out some great Connecticut independent bookstores

Full story: Connecticut Post
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." -- Jerry Seinfeld A bookstore is more than a retail outlet. Full Story
Mary Jane Hurley Brant

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 13, 2009
I love Books on the Common; a fabulous independent book store. When I lived in Ridgefield I frequently browsed and bought. Recently I returned to celebrate the publication of my new book, When Every Day Matters: A Mother's Memoir on Love, Loss and Life, Simple Abundance Press, at Bernard's for a book/author luncheon. I was welcomed back with the warmth, fun and intelligence that surrounds book lovers everywhere. Books on the Common was there!
Bob Hilliard

Oakdale, CT

#2 May 17, 2009
Amanda, I'm particularly disappointed that you failed to mention Written Words Bookstore in Shelton among the "the best indepedent bookstores" in the region in your article in the "go" issue of May 14, 2009. Written Words has now been in business for slightly over two years and to my knowledge is the first and only bookstore that's ever been in Shelton. The Connecticut Post did a splendid feature article on the bookstore when it first opened. To now leave it out of your article seems very unfair to me. Sincerely, Bob Hilliard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Madison Continues to Defend Decision Allowing P... Oct 11 Waves and surf 2
'Madison Police Driving Away Local Business Dol... (Aug '11) Oct 5 Abbott Tu Rayge 15
Polish Ambassador To Speak At CCSU Polish Studi... Oct 2 UGly Ape 1
Alleged drunk driver in court in Durham fair hi... Sep 30 patti 1
North Branford Police Arrests for Oct. 22 to Oc... (Nov '12) Sep '14 nbbaseball 2
Andrea Mears Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? Jul '14 luclor97 1

Freeze Warning for New Haven County was issued at October 20 at 4:03AM EDT

Madison Dating
Find my Match

Madison Jobs

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]