Soundkeeper criticized for self-appointed job

Oct 11, 2009 Full story: Hartford Courant 6

Long Island Soundkeeper Terry Backer , sporting a wild beard and white hair tucked under a seaman's cap, peers out over Norwalk Harbor from his tiny Edgewater Place office, looking every bit the crusty New England fisherman fighting to save the sea from pollution.

Full Story
Westporter

Dover Plains, NY

#1 Oct 18, 2009
sounds Fishy
Davey Jones

Bronx, NY

#2 Oct 20, 2009
This guy Backer sounds like a shake down artist and a parasite on the backs of the public.
Gerry

Dover Plains, NY

#3 Oct 20, 2009
sure is he has a deal with Norwalks Mayor and Joe L in DC
Momof3

West Hartford, CT

#4 Oct 21, 2009
He's one of Miron's minions. Birds of a feather...
Momof3

West Hartford, CT

#5 Oct 21, 2009
Backer said he knows he owes the taxes and intends to pay it. "My wife lost her job and one of my children was past the age of being a dependent, and we are struggling like everyone else...

I love when these big money officials try to compare their circumstances to that of the working class. The COMBINED incomes in my household are a fraction of his income alone. I have two children living in my household who I can't claim as dependents and somehow, miracle of miracles, I manage to pay ALL my taxes in a timely manner. I've always thought he was a huckster out to make a buck and fill his pockets anyway he could, except for doing an honest day's work. Advocate my fat white a$$...
Davey Jones

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 21, 2009
Hey Terry, it's ok, sue some more stuggling taxpayers to feather your nest, while telling them you are on of us. What a bunch of bull! Get off of the backs of the taxpayers backer, you fat parasite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Madison Police Driving Away Local Business Dol... (Aug '11) Nov 30 elmer fudd 17
Madison Continues to Defend Decision Allowing P... Oct '14 Waves and surf 2
Polish Ambassador To Speak At CCSU Polish Studi... Oct '14 UGly Ape 1
Alleged drunk driver in court in Durham fair hi... Sep '14 patti 1
North Branford Police Arrests for Oct. 22 to Oc... (Nov '12) Sep '14 nbbaseball 2
Andrea Mears Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? Jul '14 luclor97 1
Madison Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Madison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Madison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News