Two Arrested On Meth Charges In Morgan County

Full story: WHNT News 19

The Morgan County Sheriff's Office arrested two people on Wednesday after finding a meth lab at 1066 Antioch Road in Somerville.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TATER

Ardmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Morgan county should be proud of these two poster kids. They look like good hard workin folks!
old bama-buzzard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

They look mad because the big bad Sheriff's Department took away their meth and the junk used to cook it. Poor babies.....their mommies didn't give them enough love.
The really sad thing is they will bond out and while awaiting justice will go right back cooking their poison and selling it to the kids in your and my town.
They look like real class don't they??!!?
Good job Morgan County Deputies.......Keep up the superb work.
Kibbles

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

EEK ! Scary redneck meth-cookers !
jsn1974

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

i bet they are actually from Tennessee, it looks like it anyway. bet they only have one tooth.
reese1960

Fayette, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

If these people would take their talent and do something good for society they might be worth something. Instead they are out here ruining lives.I bet they will be on disability with all the free health care and food stamps within a couple of months. I think they should be sent to Iraq and maybe do something productive.
qtpi1973

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

It seems like every other day they are busting meth labs in my parents neighborhoods and it is always people that I grew up with and know! Then it takes 3-4 busts before they actually get punished for what they are doing. A guy I've known all of my life was busted 5 times before they finally sent him to prison October 2009 for two 10-year sentences (served concurrently). He has been in work release since December and is being released the 20th of this month, February. That is a slap on the wrist! He has even made the statement that it will be so easy for him to start making meth and selling when he gets out because he is behind on his child support for his 2 children. I think that Greg Bartlett and the Morgan County Sheriff's department have done the best job that they can but the ball has stopped there. Our judicial system is not taking care of it's responsibilities!! I amn not sure what needs to be done but something HAS to be done!!!
Luthais

Vicksburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately, people like this are typically beyond all hope. Very few can be rehabilitated into productive members of society, the rest continue to be parasites that leech off of society and poison our young. The "justice" system rarely does anything about it, and even when it does the "punishment" usually just makes it worse.

Sadly, these two disgusting excuses for human beings are not worth any more than the price of the two bullets that should be put between their eyes.
HSVL

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

It probably cost more in tax payer dollars to keep them in jail than it would to put them on welfare.

Harsher penalties doesn't seem to work.

A boot camp while in jail might keep them from going back.
Decatur

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

I agree.. Your tax money pays for their healthcare anyway..
Santa Claus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

How about growing some pot too, cmon already. It's like they were only making 1 kind of pizza.
Madison

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

I get sick and tired of people talking about drug addicts like they are worthless human beings. You shouldn't comment on a subject you know nothing about! I don't care what anybody says; it is a disease! A very sad, desperate, and scary disease. These people need help. I know all too well about the low success rate of sobriety; but it doesn't mean we should give up on these people and throw them away. They don't look mad because their drugs were taken away. They look mad because they are ashamed of themselves. They are addicted to a dangerous drug that they couldn't stop even if they wanted to. They need help!!!
jbird

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

your right his mom didn't give him enough love,,she died when he was 11 with breast cancer.
Courtney

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

his mother passed away when he was just a child! you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that his mother didn't give him enough love. in fact, you should be ashamed of youself for saying that about ANYONE! and they need bullets between their eyes??? what is wrong with you? they have obviously traveled down a bad path and they are going to be punsished for it... i don't think death will be it though. maybe you should seek counseling for your morbid thoughts. dee is a good man, he just got in with the wrong people and started doing wrong things. everyone has made mistakes in their lives. give him a break. and why don't you worry about your own lives instead of reading about others and feeling that you must condemn them to death and talk about how they didn't receive proper parenting. obviously, you are the one whose mother didn't give you enough love if you think you can talk about people that way. mothers do not encourage that type of behavior.
Courtney

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

and he has children who might read what you've put about their deceased grandmother not giving their daddy enough love and how he should be shot between the eyes... that shows real class. you should be proud.
unkown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Luthais you should be proud of what your saying. you talk as if you know them, and you put this on a web site anyone could view, even their own children. yeah everyone makes mistakes but no one deserves to have a bullet between their eyes. maybe one day you will realize not everyone is PERFECT. you must really have no life to sit here and post your useless information about someone you dont even know. and to everyone else that is trash talking them, your real classy to try to call someone else trashy!! hope yall feel proud, very proud.
Big Boy

Ardmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Now hold on these people don't need bullets put between their eyes.I am very sympathetic that he lost his mother when he was young and I'm sure that was hard.He however has chosen to produce a substance that is deadly.I thank God that drugs have never been a demon for me but we all have our weak spots.I hope these people were'nt selling this crap but the story says there were large amounts of ingredients.What about the lives they help destroy with their meth?How about trying to earn an honest living? I know people who grew up without both their parents and they don't stay at home and cook meth.Are we not about to run out of excuses for these kind of people?
dso

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

I have known Dee all my life and reguardless of what any of the self-righteous know-it-alls who have posted stupid comments about a problem about which they know nothing about have said he is a really a pretty good guy.
chelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Judged:

well i am the mother of his ten year old twin girls.and i can say that i know him very well and he is not worth anyones thoughts or time.because a person who will not attempt to have anything to do with their on children much less even try to support them deserves exactly what he should have already gotten years ago.
Southern GRITS

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Judged:

I have bided my time in posting my comments. I think now is the time to post them.
I rarely respond to any forum boards about news stories. This one, though, is personal.

First, I want to make it clear they both deserve the maximum sentences the law allows. They were caught with meth and the paraphernalia to make it.

Secondly, the following quote is from the police report, which can be viewed and downloaded from the sheriff’s website:
“Sheriff Greg Bartlett reports that on February 10, 2010, Morgan County Sheriff’s Deputies, along with Narcotics and Violent Crimes Task Force Agents, executed a search warrant and investigated a Methamphetamine Laboratory at 1066 Antioch Rd. Somerville AL, the residence of Ramey Dee Monk.”

The physical address given in the police and news reports is NOT the physical address of the actual house where the bust happened. The physical address of Dee’s house is on Nelson Hollow Road. Dee may have listed the Antioch Road address on his picture ID but that house WAS NOT his residence. I know this because my mother and step-father live at the house on Antioch Road. It was Dee’s house that was searched. The driveway to his house connects directly to Nelson Hollow Road. The officer who filed the report should have listed the physical address of the actual residence where the search was conducted instead of the residence of innocent parties.
Third, I am family by step-relation to Dee. He was working a regular job and had been for a long time until he was busted. People like to jump to the conclusions that people who get on meth come from homes with a family history of meth, other-type of drug abuse, or alcohol abuse. That is not the case here. When my mother met Dee’s father 30 years ago, the family of two young sons and the father had lost the boys’ mother to inoperable cancer about a year or so prior and she had struggled with it for a couple of years until the cancer took her life. My mother made it clear that she did not want the boys to think she was trying to replace the mother they had lost but simply asked them to give her a chance to love them and be there for them and their father. I was newly married and my husband and I were living on our own. My mom has always worked hard until she retired from a local business several years ago. My stepdad owned his own businesses until he retired. Over the years, I’ve watched as some bad choices in “friends” helped to change a young man who had a heart of gold when he was a young child and young teenager into a meth addict. We are heartbroken--my mom and stepdad especially. We had thought that maybe Dee had finally won the battle against this. This is what meth addiction leaves behind—just like any drug or alcohol addiction—broken homes, heartbroken children, parents, and relatives of the addict, and an empty life for the addict. Dee’s bad decisions over the years have negatively impacted his children and several of the women in his past.
Our society has the nasty tendency these days to point the finger and place blame for anything bad that happens on anyone or anything other than the individual person who commits the bad deed.
Again, let me make this clear—they should be punished for their crimes. The purpose of the short family history is to point out that people who post comments about the families of meth addicts (any addicts) should really be careful—you do not know things about people’s lives so why post such comments about the families?
Lastly, EDUCATE yourselves to know the symptoms and warning signs of meth addiction, then educate your families and children. I recommend a website, www.mamasite.net . Mothers Against Meth was started by a lady who watched her brother go down this dark path and it cost him his life. There are other good websites out there about the dangers of meth and the destruction it does not only to the human body but also to families of the addicts.
Southern GRITS

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

I apologize for the double post. I was having problems with my computer and I wasn't certain if the first one even went through.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Madison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••