Woman Faces Murder Charges, 4 Teens Killed

Mar 18, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WXYZ

Police have identified the driver they say was driving drunk and plowed into a car carrying 4 teens.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Ada, MI

#1 Mar 18, 2009
ITS SAD IF ONLY THE POLICE WOULD HAVE DID THERE JOB AND ARESTED HER 2 HOURS BEFORE SHE DESIDED TO DRIVE DRUNK AND END OTHER PEOPLE LIFE'S THIS IS WHY I DON'T DRINK !
Its sad

Mount Clemens, MI

#2 Mar 18, 2009
What did the police lack to do? what should they have arrested her for? being drunk at a house. They could not have for seen this accident. So they should arrest every drunk person they see?

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Its sad wrote:
What did the police lack to do? what should they have arrested her for? being drunk at a house. They could not have for seen this accident. So they should arrest every drunk person they see?
Try SPEEDING for starters !
Cant believe it

United States

#4 Mar 19, 2009
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE wrote:
ITS SAD IF ONLY THE POLICE WOULD HAVE DID THERE JOB AND ARESTED HER 2 HOURS BEFORE SHE DESIDED TO DRIVE DRUNK AND END OTHER PEOPLE LIFE'S THIS IS WHY I DON'T DRINK !
That is the most absurd statement I have ever heard. The person at fault lies with the individual who decided to get behind a wheel. in america we have certain freedom and rights. the police have laws they must follow and one of them is laws against false arrest. it is not against the law to be drunk in somebodys house. If that were the case, You me and most everybody else would have been locked up already. Sto pbeing a Monday morning quarterback and put the blame where it belongs, with the driver.
Nancy

Brighton, MI

#5 Mar 19, 2009
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Try SPEEDING for starters !
Speeding? While was sitting on a couch in a house?

The police did nothing wrong. Maybe the guy who took her keys should not have given them back!
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Ada, MI

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Cant believe it wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the most absurd statement I have ever heard. The person at fault lies with the individual who decided to get behind a wheel. in america we have certain freedom and rights. the police have laws they must follow and one of them is laws against false arrest. it is not against the law to be drunk in somebodys house. If that were the case, You me and most everybody else would have been locked up already. Sto pbeing a Monday morning quarterback and put the blame where it belongs, with the driver.
BEING DRUNK IN PUBLIC IS AGAINST THE LAW IN MICHIGAN AND THE POLICE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO DRIVE HOME THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST CALLED SOMEONE TO PICK HER UP SO SHE COULDN'T DRIVE DRUNK BUT THEN AGAIN I REALLY DOUBT HER FAMILY GIVE A S**T ABOUT HER BECAUSE SOMETIMES I HEARD SHE WAS HOMELESS!
Angela

AOL

#7 Mar 19, 2009
<quoted text> BEING DRUNK IN PUBLIC IS AGAINST THE LAW IN MICHIGAN AND THE POLICE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO DRIVE HOME THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST CALLED SOMEONE TO PICK HER UP SO SHE COULDN'T DRIVE DRUNK BUT THEN AGAIN I REALLY DOUBT HER FAMILY GIVE A S**T ABOUT HER BECAUSE SOMETIMES I HEARD SHE WAS HOMELESS!
Her daughter is also a victim. She was homeless by choice. My heart goes out to the familys of the teens, and to this daughter also. Lets hope that they start to deal with drunk drivers on the first offence, so that there wont be a 2ed time.

MDN

#8 Mar 19, 2009
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
Speeding? While was sitting on a couch in a house?
The police did nothing wrong. Maybe the guy who took her keys should not have given them back!
Not on the couch !

She was speeding on Gratiot , going South bound.

You are correct about the keys , she has a history of alcoholism, and she should have been refrained from driving one way or the other.
enough

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2009
<quoted text> BEING DRUNK IN PUBLIC IS AGAINST THE LAW IN MICHIGAN AND THE POLICE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO DRIVE HOME THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST CALLED SOMEONE TO PICK HER UP SO SHE COULDN'T DRIVE DRUNK BUT THEN AGAIN I REALLY DOUBT HER FAMILY GIVE A S**T ABOUT HER BECAUSE SOMETIMES I HEARD SHE WAS HOMELESS!
First I agree this is a tragedy of epic proportion. this is sad for everybody involved including the family of the driver who did nothing wrong. She alone got behind the wheel and she alone should bear the burden. Please research your answers. it is not against the law to be drunk in public. it was about 30 years ago but not since then. You just can't go around taking peoples property ie keys in the assumption they may drive later. I could see lawsuits abounding if that happened. Stop being a Monday morning quaterback.

MDN

#10 Mar 20, 2009
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
First I agree this is a tragedy of epic proportion. this is sad for everybody involved including the family of the driver who did nothing wrong. She alone got behind the wheel and she alone should bear the burden. Please research your answers. it is not against the law to be drunk in public. it was about 30 years ago but not since then. You just can't go around taking peoples property ie keys in the assumption they may drive later. I could see lawsuits abounding if that happened. Stop being a Monday morning quaterback.
All domestic violence calls to the P.D. usually end up with one person going to jail, and that didn't happen.

Most laws in this country have been made up from Monday Quarterbacks, think about it before you reply.
enough

United States

#11 Mar 20, 2009
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>
All domestic violence calls to the P.D. usually end up with one person going to jail, and that didn't happen.
Most laws in this country have been made up from Monday Quarterbacks, think about it before you reply.
You are a toilet seat lawyer who speaks without knowing the facts. No all domestic violence calls are not arrests. Misdeamenors (which drunk driving and disorderlies) must be committed in the presence of an officer for an arrest to take place. If not then a warrant must be sought through proper channels. The exception to this law is domestic violence. So that being said if the officers did not see her driving, they had no legal grounds to arrest her for drunk driving. If you do not believe me then ask your judge buddy.

MDN

#12 Mar 20, 2009
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a toilet seat lawyer who speaks without knowing the facts. No all domestic violence calls are not arrests. Misdeamenors (which drunk driving and disorderlies) must be committed in the presence of an officer for an arrest to take place. If not then a warrant must be sought through proper channels. The exception to this law is domestic violence. So that being said if the officers did not see her driving, they had no legal grounds to arrest her for drunk driving. If you do not believe me then ask your judge buddy.
Read my post , it said most domestic violence calls, not every domestic violence call.
neverforget

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2009
I have read all of the comments here throughly and there are many incorrect statements here. I am not a layer or a police officer, but I am a 17 year old teenager whos father was killed by a drunkdriver when I was four. I am also a personal friend of Devon Spurlock whos mother was also killed by a drunkdriver when he was very young. The question now is not where did the police go wrong or what could have be done different; four young lives were taken. The question now should be what will happen to the woman that made the horrible decision to drink and drive and what can we do to not elimenate the problem but to prevent it from happening. I put it that way because, no matter how hard we try there will always be people who drink and drive. Now is the time to keep these teens in our thoughts and prayers and do our best to show we have zero tolleration for drinking and driving. For anyone who can read this post and appreciate what I have to say, thank you. I also understand though that there will always be someone who will disagree and thats okay. Feel free to comment either way.
~Katelyn savelives09@gmail.com
Dave

United States

#14 Mar 22, 2009
That drunk driver is the only one to blame. The police did nothing wrong. It's against the law to be drunk in public, but not on private property like this situation. Also her primary residence was not at the Roseville house where the incident took place. Therefore the cops could not arrest her like most domestic violence situations if there's any signs of injury someone goes to jail.
WOW

United States

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
That drunk driver is the only one to blame. The police did nothing wrong. It's against the law to be drunk in public, but not on private property like this situation. Also her primary residence was not at the Roseville house where the incident took place. Therefore the cops could not arrest her like most domestic violence situations if there's any signs of injury someone goes to jail.
I agree with part of your statement. No it is not against the law to be drunk in public. That law was recinded thirty years ago. It is however against the law to be disorderly in public which as we know is what happens to drunks. Second there could not have been a domestic vioolence situation between friends. You must have an intimate relationship or live together for domestic violence to occur. I do however agree that she alone is to blame and nobody else.
amazed

Canton, MI

#16 Mar 23, 2009
It is amazing how much your heart can go out to people you don't even know. I have thought about these teens and their families every day since the accident aired on the news. I feel so much anger towards the lady who caused the accident. We all know that people are not going to stop drinking and driving and this won't be the last time there are deaths caused by ignorant people who make the decision to drink and drive.
mezmerized

Madison Heights, MI

#17 Mar 23, 2009
its sad but its not the police's fault how did they know she was drunk driving
Just Thinking

Roseville, MI

#18 Mar 24, 2009
Shoulda coulda woulda. Life has no rewind button. Four bright young kids are gone and a woman's life is in shambles. Hopefully some people will be spared the same fate if they learn from this tragedy. Unfortunatly a person under the influence is not very good at making intelligent decisions, so it falls upon the rest of us to do whatever we can to prevent them from making the same mistake.
roseville resident

Roseville, MI

#19 Mar 24, 2009
the drinking on blue island street took place just a few blocks from me.

i saw the man involved (bable) say that dingle slapped him, dingle tore the mailbox off the side of the house and her van was parked in front of the house the wrong way, he told police she had just driven there DRUNK. the roseville police could have arrested her if they wanted but they didn't and 4 kids were killed.
Just Thinking

Roseville, MI

#20 Mar 24, 2009
Roseville police never were worth a shi# in my opinion and I've lived here all my life. They either single out some poor sap, like Gonzo and persecute the life out of him or totally ignore a taxpayer who calls and asks for their intervention. They won't bother with a homeowners problem until he loses his cool and kicks the crap out of his inconsiderate neighbor. And furthermore, their jail is very uncomfortable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 117
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) 7 hr just the tip 303
Health and wellness events starting Sept. 2: Su... Mon Steve 1
Direct tv refer a friend (Sep '12) Aug 29 Mark 47
Friend of the Court, Department of Social Servi... (Aug '06) Aug 22 angell 22
Carine Mapish inspires vctims of child abuse!! Aug 17 dreamcatchers_donna 1
Woman Reported Dead During Flood Speaks Out: 'I... Aug 16 reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••
•••

Macomb Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••