Are Utica Police, Shelby Township Police and Judge Shepherd fair with you?

Posted in the Macomb Forum

Shelby Citizen

AOL

#1 Sep 12, 2008
I just found out a couple of interesting facts. On July 25th 2007 The newest Shelby Trustee Doug Shepherd was pulled over by Utica Police for DUI. He blew a .14 and spend about 7 hours incarcerated. But when his case came up in front of Judge Shepherd, in November 2007, Mr. Wozniac pleaded guilty to careless driving, paid fines totaling 260.00, got his full driving privledges back, no classes, no DUI on record, free and clear.
In October 2005 Shelby Township Trustee Lisa Manzella was in a one vehicle accident at 1am in the morning. The first person on the scene was Ex Supervisor Maccarone. It is said she blew .075, just below the intoxicated level, Mrs. Manzella was never issued a ticket, never faced any penalty. I am not sure if Maccarone being on the scene had an affect, but I wonder if everyday citizens get the same treatment from the Shelby Township Police and Judge Shepherd or if this is special treatment offered to trustees that have a say in the future building on a new police station and court house.
Shlimmerman

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Sep 21, 2008
Shelby Citizen wrote:
I just found out a couple of interesting facts. On July 25th 2007 The newest Shelby Trustee Doug Shepherd was pulled over by Utica Police for DUI. He blew a .14 and spend about 7 hours incarcerated. But when his case came up in front of Judge Shepherd...
Um...Did Judge Doug Shepherd bring his own case upon himself in court? If that is the case...then pardon the pun, but that blows!
Shelby Citizen

AOL

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Sorry, Shelby Trustee Doug Wozniak was in front of Judge Shepherd for a DUI and got off.
GTFO

Lutz, FL

#4 Oct 1, 2008
They don't call it Shelby CLOWNSHIP for nothing.
Christine

United States

#5 Jun 16, 2009
Shelby township is corrupt!
Kwamee

Troy, MI

#6 Jun 17, 2009
well it has a long way to catch up to Detroit
SHELBY TOWNSHIP VICTIM

Macomb, MI

#7 Apr 26, 2010
Christine wrote:
Shelby township is corrupt!
Yes, Shelby Township police are corrupt. They are like a "little mafia". Shame on the police department who have a bad reputation and make Shelby a bad place to live. Shelby Township should be called "tazortown"!!
Victimized by Shelby PD

Warren, MI

#8 Feb 14, 2011
did you know check fraud is legal in shelby township? did you know domestic violence victims are degraded and thou you arrive a victim u leave a criminal even with evidence on audio devices and no charge against the accused? I guess it helps when the family is friends with a high level official in the police department. I always thought if you told the truth and had evidence the truth would come out. Perhaps that true, if it is-tell me where. I will never reside in Shelby Twp again. NEVER
Terry

Macomb, MI

#9 Feb 26, 2011
Cops here are very heavy handed - they blow up little things so they can go all macho on you.
It's happened over and over again. Wish someone
would do an expose on them. A few of them need
to be on the unemployment line.
Anonymous

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Mar 25, 2011
I just recieved a letter for an arraignment for approximately 1/4 oz of marijuana. I was pulled over, arrested, but let go following processing. My MM caregiver cards (2) had been a week expired. I am currently attending college and recieving financial aid. I'm a first time offender, and can't believe I'm forced into the system over this. I know people who have been caught with much more, but not in this area. Seems a little excessive.
anonymous

Macomb, MI

#11 May 14, 2011
My crazy sister called me in for an alleged suicide. I was alone at home. All of a sudden I have 4 cops in my small bedroom. I was half dressed, thrown to the ground, my arm was twisted so bad and the cuffs so tight that the MRI showed OCD, the cop chipped my elbow bone and did major nerve damage to my arm and gave me nice bruised bracelets. I told him the cuffs were too tight, his response "too bad". They used excessive force. Dragged me out of my home in front of my neighbors, half dressed. They never asked me a question about if I was suicidal, which I wasn't. The wasted ambulance drive to Henry Ford was only so the doctor could say "I see nothing wrong with you". I don't know were they received training!! I think I will be talking to a lawyer very soon. I would never call a cop for help. I still have night terrors and I still pull over on side streets when I see one on the road. My husband and I plan on leaving MI one day soon. A big part of the reason is because of these people. So guess what all of you reading this, you tax payers, that night you paid for 3 cop cars, 6 cops, an ambulance, 2 people in the ambulance, and a fire truck. Plus so they could get paid even more. They stayed an extra 2 hours and did an illegal search of the house. My husband was on an appointment and I had to wait until he got home to pick me up at the hospital. Thank goodness for neighbors, they like to watch. I was even told they left me front door open for 2 hours. See ya, Michigan. Hello, Texas!!!
anonymous

Macomb, MI

#12 May 14, 2011
Cops here are very heavy handed - they blow up little things so they can go all macho on you.
It's happened over and over again. Wish someone
would do an expose on them. A few of them need
to be on the unemployment line.

Terry I agree, can you give names somehow?
anonymous

Macomb, MI

#13 May 14, 2011
Yes, Shelby Township police are corrupt. They are like a "little mafia". Shame on the police department who have a bad reputation and make Shelby a bad place to live. Shelby Township should be called "tazortown"!!

Is there anyway to get names I have a lawsuit. Would like a class action one if it involves same ones.
anonymous

Macomb, MI

#14 May 15, 2011
I plan on leaving Shelby township and MI, before my tax dollars go to pay for any new police building!
Andrea

Utica, MI

#15 Jun 16, 2011
I live in Shelby Twp. and I have been pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving, given a breath test, and blew a .070, which is under the limit. Since I was only a 1/2 mile from my house the officer let me go with a warning and a lecture, no ticket or anything. This was about a year or two ago. I think it depends on the officer and the way you respond to them. I have never had an experience where I feel the officer was abusing their power. I am also not saying that it never happens, as I am sure it does. I have also watched Judge Shepard on the bench many times for classes I was taking and found him to be fair in the instances I was in the court room for.
Shelby Twp is Unreal

Utica, MI

#16 Feb 27, 2013
I myself have had numerous encounters with Shelby Township police. I have lived in Sterling Heights and Shelby Township for about 7 years each and had many experiences with each. Although Sterling Heights was corrupt (officers got laid off for overpaying themselves) I still find Shelby Township to be the worst city as far as "quality" of officers. They pride themselves on their ego and treat citizens like complete garbage. I cannot wait to leave this god forsaken city. Even when I had nothing to do with a situation (just a witness) I was treated rudely and unfairly. I have dealt with Royal Oak, Lapeer, Oakland, Sterling Heights, Warren, Utica - all very fair respectable officers for the most part. Shelby Township is 80-90% corrupt, rude, disrespectful officers. I have met one very awesome respectable officer from Shelby once and that was it.
Anonymous

Rochester, MI

#17 Oct 20, 2013
Victimized by Shelby PD wrote:
did you know check fraud is legal in shelby township? did you know domestic violence victims are degraded and thou you arrive a victim u leave a criminal even with evidence on audio devices and no charge against the accused? I guess it helps when the family is friends with a high level official in the police department. I always thought if you told the truth and had evidence the truth would come out. Perhaps that true, if it is-tell me where. I will never reside in Shelby Twp again. NEVER
I completely agree with you! My poor 17 year old brother was treated like a criminal. He got strangled by my dad after he flipped him off for getting violent with my mom. The cops said that my brother could get arrested for provocation, though my dad was trying to kill him. My brother already felt bad enough as is. Thanks a lot, Shelby Township!
Gman

Utica, MI

#18 Nov 19, 2013
Since when is it assault to tell unwanted people to leave your house in Shelby twp it is officer j bellemo is a fat ass
Gman

Utica, MI

#19 Nov 19, 2013
Shelby twp police officer almost kills wife gets one year probation!!!!! WOW. I never laid a hand on the two men in my house I get threatened with 90 days in jail!!!! And got six months probation and anger management nice I'm not a wife beater maybe be I should join the force and hide behind the badge?
I believe in Karma

Washington, MI

#20 Mar 19, 2014
I can honestly and sincerely say that the Shelby Township Police Department and "justice" system is actually pitiful. I've always been taught that there are more good than bad in the world and that there are still good people in the world....you will not, unfortunatly, find them in the Shelby Township Police Department. So sad that you go through life tearing apart, horribly tearing apart and destroying families. I see how God works in our lives and how he humbles us when needed and I pity this department. I pity them in a sad way, actually. A great life we have here, great opportunity to extend help, compassion and instead their positions are held with arrogance and abuse of power. Its Shelby Township, for Gods sake, you don't take your badge, position, or power with you once you leave this life. You sit, alone, with God. Your power, your position, your badge...irrelevant to God. Its your character and compassion that count.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Dec 6 Fed up with scammers 68
does anyone remember judy or kathy patrick? Dec 5 Mario 4
Did Jennifer Fox pass away in Aug 2012? (Nov '12) Dec 1 Roger 4
Ashley Brasfield (Jun '12) Dec 1 Roger 9
Metalhead Miner Lego Giveaway!!!!! Oct '14 Xxdeadskyexx 1
Picente endoses Cuomo Oct '14 Rushbow 1
homless Oct '14 12345abc 1
Macomb Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web