'He could've saved Mark's life'

Jan 11, 2008 Full story: Macomb Daily 24

“Could've, maybe, you don't know. It's conjecture, a guess.”

A man accused of shooting to death his friend in what he claims was an accident may have been able to save him if he had called police, but he never did and tried to cover up the incident, an assistant ... via Macomb Daily

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Detroit, MI

#1 Jan 14, 2008
Sounds like this was no accident. I bet he goes to prison.
Concerned Citizen

Canton, MI

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Joe wrote:
Sounds like this was no accident. I bet he goes to prison.
It was an accident....please get all the facts before you put your two sense in.
Joe

Detroit, MI

#3 Jan 15, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an accident....please get all the facts before you put your two sense in.
I said it *sounds* like an accident. You must have been there when it happend...? Please elaborate on what really happened then...thank you.
Joe

Detroit, MI

#4 Jan 15, 2008
*sounds* like no accident...
Joe

Detroit, MI

#6 Jan 17, 2008
See, I told you this didn't sound like an accident. I bet he goes to prison and it sounds like he should go away forever.
Joe

Detroit, MI

#7 Jan 17, 2008
Or I bet he gets a dose of vigilante justice.
The Facts

Escanaba, MI

#8 Jan 19, 2008
- The mother is in jail for a hit and killing a man on a bike while driving drunk not a little girl.
- The coroner said that Mark died within minutes. No one Chad called for help would that night, not even to call 911. Plenty of blame to go around
- Two stupid drunk boys playing with guns. Thatís why the verdict is as it is.
Becky

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Jan 23, 2008
"Two stupid drunk boys playing with guns. Thatís why the verdict is as it is."
Were you part of this? Were you there? Our family will never get over this and all you can say is that it's just two stupid drunk boys. How dare you. I don't know if you have children or not but if you do then how would you feel if this was your child? Do you even know the facts of what Chad did to Mark's body after he shot him? He took off all of his clothes and tried to bury the body. Then he admitted to police that his plan was to pour cement over the body so no one would ever find it! He even made the statement of "if I lived in Detroit I would've got away with this". Does that sound like an accident to you? And you must have not of been in the court room when the medical examiner Dr. Spitz stated that Mark could have been alive for 30 to 45 minutes after he was shot. If someone would have just called 911 my cousin could still be alive today! And my facts are straight because I work in the Legal field and know the medical examiner, detectives, and prosecutors personally. And with all these facts Chad only gets a misdemeanor and a 2 year sentence. You better hope that someone you love doesn't party in that house because I guarantee you that this will happen again and another family will loose a loved one.
Stefanie

Macomb, MI

#10 Jan 24, 2008
I love how there's always someone who has to respond to someones comment and say get the facts! Here's the facts for you my brother was shot and killed and dragged almost a mile away into the woods where Chad tried covering his body with leaves and branches, then went home and went to bed. My brother is six feet under and Chad got a slap on the hand. I have one question, If anyone can answer it I would love to hear what you have to say. I don't understand how my brother was murdered, taken away from us. He didn't do this to himself it was done to him and after the verdict was read my family went home unplugged the phone and just sat there sobbing because the verdict basically said the Marks life wasn't worth saving and that his life meant nothing. And, the Hopkins family went home and had a huge party with all of the kids drinking and partying and Jim Hopkins right there with them. The parties at the Hopkins home where there father is right next to the kids drinking is what caused all this to happen. My brother was shot and killed in that house and it's like nothing happened everyone still goes over there to party with Chad's dad. Chad's in Jail and all the kids still go over there to party. I thought it would be the other way around. My family should have been the ones going to dinner and having a couple drinks celebrating my brothers life and the justice that should have taken place but, it wasn;t that way at all. Is there anyone that can explain this to me?
Joe

Detroit, MI

#11 Jan 24, 2008
Karma is a bitch. That punk has his d day set in stone.
Wildcats

Columbia, KY

#12 Jan 24, 2008
Stefanie, I am Philip's niece (Christine's boyfriend) and I want you to know that your family is in our prayers. This is an awful showing of injustice. But don't worry; God has other plans for Chad and his "father". Like Joe said, karma is a bitch. I hope they don't expect any type of sympathy if they have a death in their family. I have never heard of someone (with any type of human decency) who threw a party after their son got away with murder. It's a shame that they don't lock people up for being retards.
Armada Mi

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Mar 13, 2008
Stefanie wrote:
I love how there's always someone who has to respond to someones comment and say get the facts! Here's the facts for you my brother was shot and killed and dragged almost a mile away into the woods where Chad tried covering his body with leaves and branches, then went home and went to bed. My brother is six feet under and Chad got a slap on the hand. I have one question, If anyone can answer it I would love to hear what you have to say. I don't understand how my brother was murdered, taken away from us. He didn't do this to himself it was done to him and after the verdict was read my family went home unplugged the phone and just sat there sobbing because the verdict basically said the Marks life wasn't worth saving and that his life meant nothing. And, the Hopkins family went home and had a huge party with all of the kids drinking and partying and Jim Hopkins right there with them. The parties at the Hopkins home where there father is right next to the kids drinking is what caused all this to happen. My brother was shot and killed in that house and it's like nothing happened everyone still goes over there to party with Chad's dad. Chad's in Jail and all the kids still go over there to party. I thought it would be the other way around. My family should have been the ones going to dinner and having a couple drinks celebrating my brothers life and the justice that should have taken place but, it wasn;t that way at all. Is there anyone that can explain this to me?
Anyone who has the thought that there are teenagers over that house hold have been givin the wrong information or dont want to believe what that family actually did that day?
It is amazing the story some ppl will believe or will tell, there arnt teenagers at the hopkins house "drinking and drugging" i believe it was put in a previous comment. Jim hopkins holds a great deal amount of sorrow of this accident that took place, he cared for mark like he was one of his own. I do believe it was Jim Hopkins who had to help mark one evening when he came home drunk and tried to steal from the local party store U'reels and Mr.Hopkins had to help him into the home and put him to bed because he was to drunk to get into the home. I dont believe Marks parents were there to pervent this from happining and maybe if they were there nothing would of ever happend.
Armada Mi

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Mar 13, 2008
armada
Armada

Warren, MI

#15 Apr 11, 2008
I was really good friends with Mark and friends with Chad and both of them did make some stupid choices in the past, but that is no excuse for what happened. Chad and Mark were acting like two stupid drunk boys at first, but the fact that Chad tried to cover it up and did not call for help is the thing that makes this incident no accident at all. Chad should feel terrible for what he did and have to deal with what he did for the rest of his life.
Armada Mi

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Apr 25, 2008
I never said Chad dosnt feel absolutly horrible for what happend and i never said he dosnt think about it every single day. I seen them almost every day and never once did i see them fight or get in disagreements, that right there told me that there was no way that it wasnt an accident. There is no reason why people shouldnt question what happend after mark was shot but chad was freaked out and scared, and if you truley cared about the case you would of followed up with the continued to follow the story and the trial because even though he was to scarred to call 911 he did call his girlfriend and asked her to please take him to the hospital. Do you know what her reply was? "No i dont want to get involved" she knew for as long as chad knew and didnt do anything but the marschkes just love her like a child of there own now and i, myself question why that is? how can they comfort her so much during everything when she knew and didnt do any thing till morning as well. did you ever consider that she could of called 911? and that she could of saved marks life as well? Or maybe that when chad called her and asked her to take him to the hospital she was just as scarred and freaked out as chad was? No, i dont think anyone has clearly thought the whole situation through.
Dont worry about my name

Melvindale, MI

#17 Aug 24, 2008
Chad should rot in hell for what he did he should have called 911 and mabye it would have been a different story but he didnt so he should rot!!!
Jenn

Roseville, MI

#19 Sep 10, 2009
I think this is terrible. The fact that someone would try and cover it up, by hiding the body... obviously it wasn't an accident. I feel for Mark's Family and Friends. Chad needs to be in Jail/Prison for life. Dumb ass Kid who shouldn't have known there was a gun in the house.
Macomb Twp

Macomb, MI

#20 Sep 21, 2009
He sounds like the biggest piece of shit, oh wait because he is the biggest piece of shit!!!
Who doesnt call 911
Chad Hopkins

Armada, MI

#22 Mar 23, 2010
Yeah i am.
SMarschke

Lake Ozark, MO

#23 May 31, 2010
This is horrible to hear. I know this happened some time ago but I know your family probably thinks about this everyday. I say this because my grandpa Carol Marschke was murdered over ten years ago and I still think about him everyday.I wanted to read some info on my grandfather and saw your families articles.
Sorry to hear this happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Dec 6 Fed up with scammers 68
does anyone remember judy or kathy patrick? Dec 5 Mario 4
Did Jennifer Fox pass away in Aug 2012? (Nov '12) Dec 1 Roger 4
Ashley Brasfield (Jun '12) Dec 1 Roger 9
Metalhead Miner Lego Giveaway!!!!! Oct '14 Xxdeadskyexx 1
Picente endoses Cuomo Oct '14 Rushbow 1
homless Oct '14 12345abc 1
Macomb Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web