Friend of the Court, Department of So...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymus

United States

#22 Mar 8, 2014
This is my story (sorry it's so long):

I am a disabled mother of 3 young children who currently reside in Clare County with their father and my ex-husband. I have been disabled all my life and in 2011 I was granted SSI. From 2011 to July of 2013 I received SSI payments monthly. My youngest was born in 2011, I had been suffering from severe depression before and after his birth (no this is not my disability, my disability is physical, I was born with bilateral clubbed foot) by the end of 2012 after being a stay at home mom for 6 years almost with my husband working a fulltime job with part time pay and then a part time job at min wage my depression got worse. My husband would stay up late and sleep in everyday, I would wake up with the kids and be in bed an hour or two after them. I was in the house all the time, hardly ever left, I was constantly alone with the children. When my husband was home he was on his computer playing a game or doing what his parents wanted. The only time I received any kind of affection or attention from my husband was 'in the mood', and obviously I never was due to my depression. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am perfect.... in fact most of my days were spent on my computer playing a video game while the kids played or watched tv...I'll even admit that I probably was a bit neglectful of their needs, though they were always fed, clothed and for the most part clean. I was neglectful of the house work because I just couldn't find a reason to care about it. After my oldest sons birthday in 2012 I had had enough, I was tired of living on welfare and paying all the bills with my SSI check. I told my husband we needed to move back to Florida (where I am from and where I am now) so that he can find better work and I could find work as well because this just wasn't cutting it. He of course disagreed, however I was determined to give my kids a better life and to get myself out of the depression I had been in for years. We decided that I alone would go to Florida, in his mind so that I could take a much needed break, and in my mind to find employment and a better life for us. I left in January of 2013 in hopes that soon he and the kids would be by my side again... wow how wrong was I. In March 2013, just after our daughter's birthday he started the paperwork for a divorce. At this time I was living with my mother, attempting to go back to school and become a certified in a career I had chosen for myself while I was pregnant with our first child. So of course because I had no way to make it back to MI for court and to dispute what he wanted out of the divorce, I got left screwed. My children are not allowed to come to Florida to visit me, I have to go to MI, and because I do not have an income that's really not a possibility. I did finally get to see my kids after almost a year, I had found a job and saved up enough to visit them for Christmas. Well when I came back from my visit I lost my job due to my health continuing to get worse. I now am in school and have an apartment with my boyfriend who makes decent money. My ex-husband and his parents will not let me talk to my children because my mother talked to them a week ago and they told her the kids had been sick with strep throat, well my mom told me and now my mother and I are not allowed to call the house and speak to the kids. CC FOTC is threatening to throw me in jail because I cannot pay child support right now. I just started receiving my SSI again and have no problem sending money for my children but until I start getting my check I just can't. Any advice would be appreciated.
angell

Portage, MI

#25 Aug 22, 2014
They cant make u pay if u get disability...
Bernadine

United States

#26 Dec 22, 2014
My sobs dad lives out of the county in a polebarn. Court order to fin and a different place tp be with him. The court still lets him go to a polebarn proven by CPS where he lives and got into trouble for physical neglect. These courts are against single motherd as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a waitress job. 17 hr Help Wanted 2
Clinton Revival Center /Family Worship Center o... Jul '17 something not right 3
Garry Parris Jul '17 Smee 1
News Man sues police for $50 million after being sho... Jun '17 calliffy2 1
News Former Detroit-area official sentenced for taki... Jun '17 lavon affair 1
Midevil themed restaurant Jun '17 Mel 2
Review: Village Square Co-Operative (Feb '09) May '17 Terry47 28

Macomb Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macomb Mortgages