Friend of the Court, Department of So...

Friend of the Court, Department of Social Services in Clare County

Posted in the Macomb Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dhilliard

Saginaw, MI

#1 Aug 28, 2006
It amazes me that the Department of Social Services receives calls regarding child neglect but since the person neglecting the child(ren) is related to an employee of Clare County Department of Social Services, no checks are performed.
Recently, Clare County Friend of the Court was called by a father of a 5 year old regarding her mother taking her out of state for "vacation" and did not return when she was suppose to and they told the father they didn't know why he was upset, "she was only on vacation".
However, the mother had not only not returned with the child when scheduled, she had enrolled her in school in the state of Georgia! Of course the Friend of the Court knew of the situation since they did have a contact number for the mother.
Obviously, Clare County doesn't care about the fathers rights! The mother and father were never married, however, the father did fight for custody and has been a consistant in the child's life. When the Dance Class instructor and Pre-school teacher complainted to her mother about her not being bathed regularly, the mother did not correct the problem but just refused to send her daughter to school and dance class for a week. And why would the father be concerned for his daughter?
anonymous

Saginaw, MI

#2 Dec 29, 2006
the mother of my child admitted she had a drug problem but the courts insisted on giving her ample opportunity to come to court where i was told if i did not attend she would automatically gain full custody i attended court three times where she did not have to but never got anywhere finally the last court day i was granted custody of my child where she got to see our child every other weekend, but still i get atleast two court orders every month to pay child support and also get threatend that if i do not my wages will be garnished and my taxes as well i was also stuck with paying the confinement fee for my childs labor and had been paying for everything else for my child where the mother has to pay absolutely nothing especially while she was getting help for her addiction six months where i had complete custody and she hardly saw the child i still not only support my child i also pay for every one of her mistakes and the court system allows this to happen she doesnt even live in this county she lives about two hours south she has a job where she makes good money and has no bills and she does not have to pay anything to me to help out but me on the other hand i not only have many bills to pay for i have to keep food in my childs mouth and clothes on his back, and pay all the court fees and every month i have to call to get the custodial parenting address changed from hers to mine because everytime i get something in the mail she is always listed as either the responsible parent or custodial parent and to me that is very frustrating because i earned the right in court to be the custodial parent and because she is the mother i think they always think it is a misprint when they send me something and i have my name on the paper as the custodial parent they always change it back to her, shows how little respect the fathers actually recieve not all fathers should be labeled and i think that is what happens before you walk in the door in the clare county friend of the court they always have something hanging up that says fathers rights but how many rights do the fathers actually have other than the right to pay child support and see there child every other weekend i had to prove my childs mother was an addict and my child was not safe with her or in her surrounding before i was finally granted any rights as a father and i thank god every day that i did do my homework on my ex because if i did not i would not only be giving up my rights as a father and i would probably be paying for her habits and her housing and only get see my child four times a month.
anonymous

Sebewaing, MI

#3 Nov 18, 2007
what is scary is when a mother walks in sighns all papers to give father custody and not even reads it and then she gets her right back even after neglect.it is so scary that she could get her back. we taught her everything she knows . i was her mom and now we never get so much as a visit but they dont care about that.i have two little boys that miss their sister she helped named my oldest boy. she used to put her head on my belly and kiss my belly as she put it she hads to give her brudda kisses.
warren

Livonia, MI

#4 Jun 1, 2009
dhilliard wrote:
It amazes me that the Department of Social Services receives calls regarding child neglect but since the person neglecting the child(ren) is related to an employee of Clare County Department of Social Services, no checks are performed.
Recently, Clare County Friend of the Court was called by a father of a 5 year old regarding her mother taking her out of state for "vacation" and did not return when she was suppose to and they told the father they didn't know why he was upset, "she was only on vacation".
However, the mother had not only not returned with the child when scheduled, she had enrolled her in school in the state of Georgia! Of course the Friend of the Court knew of the situation since they did have a contact number for the mother.
Obviously, Clare County doesn't care about the fathers rights! The mother and father were never married, however, the father did fight for custody and has been a consistant in the child's life. When the Dance Class instructor and Pre-school teacher complainted to her mother about her not being bathed regularly, the mother did not correct the problem but just refused to send her daughter to school and dance class for a week. And why would the father be concerned for his daughter?
Same thing happened to me but a bit differently it is really terrible. and our system is screwed up.
Clare County FOTC Staff

Grosse Pointe, MI

#5 Sep 29, 2009
The Clare County Friend of the Court has to be one of the worst run government offices in the state of Michigan. The office staff is almost non-existent when calling for help. However, if you are able to get them on the phone, they are typically rude and of little help. If your issue is serious enough to warrant filling a motion then expect to deal with Jamie Raymond. She is the poster child when it comes to incompetence at FOTC. Jamie really sets the tone at the Clare County FOTC because she is the referee that needs to hear the motion before it will ever go to the judge. She would rather bury you in paperwork and bureaucracy then ever put forth any of her own effort to help remedy a situation, much like the rest of the staff. Keep in mind that you can appeal her decision and take your motion to the judge and I would recommend that happens each and every time.
nathan

Saginaw, MI

#6 Dec 6, 2009
It is ridiculous what goes on up there! A bunch of morans that get paid for doing nothing. I have been thru with them with pretty much everything. They DO NOT care about the welfare of the kids or the fathers. ALL they care about is money. They do not have to answer to anyone and I have written letters to the attorney general and no one cares. Joint legal custody means nothing,the only attention you will get from them is when you dont pay support and the mother can do as she pleases with your money. Fathers remember your support is based off net pay not gross pay,have as much taxes taken out of your check as you can, you will get it back when you file your taxes. Have as much taken out of your check as possible,,,after the support is set you can change it. She cant take you back for more for 2 years. Fathers only right is to pay pay pay. Always use your own protection and dont beleive it when they say they are on the pill!
EX-Dad New Baltimore

Canton, OH

#7 Dec 9, 2009
I have a worse one. I gained custody of my daughter in St. Clair County. My Ex was going to be charged with child abuse/neglect so she gave me custody to have it dropped. Years later she decides she wants custody and gets it. From Jail! She has 5 felony arrests, From attempted murder to DUI 3rd. Too many domestic violence police reports to list. These are all since we divorced. In this 12 years all i have is a $10 parking ticket. Anyhow, FOC recommended she get custody even though she was in jail on an OUI 3rd, assault police officer, distruction of police property, driving on suspended, and an assault and battery from earlier that same night. All the did was let her out of jail early so she could get custody. My daughter is 17 now and loves to party with her mom. I guess FOC teaches them early! The way this whole thing went is so crooked it's sickening.
anon

Saginaw, MI

#8 Dec 27, 2009
its cause all they care about is $$$$$ they should be un jail for what they do.
Anonymous

Barnesville, OH

#9 Dec 28, 2009
The Gladwin Friend of The Court is no better. All the mom has to do is bring in a Dr's note saying I'm to sick to work and guess what they don't have to pay Child Support. I would like to see a man get away with not paying because he is to sick to work.
Screwed Over

Midland, MI

#10 Jan 5, 2010
I recently went to court myself within the past year and a half. I just finished 8 years in the Marine Corps and because I got 1200.00 dollars behind on Child support. I had a court date. When I went in there with documentation of my new job that I just got 2 weeks prior to the court case. I also had documentation of my military records showing I served my first tour in Iraq by activation and my second tour in Iraq voluntarily. I was told by JUDGE HANSEN or however you spell it, that "Mr.......You are a deadbeat father, youll never know what a real job is, youll never have a real job and youll never know what it is to be a man. " Well guess what, thats Gladwin County for you. Obviously War in another country to him is not a real job. So it just shows that the FRIENDS OF THE COURT IN GLADWIN COUNTY MICHIGAN, are COMPLETELY AGAINST ALL MALES and that is why there is so much trouble. Do I think Gladwin County is fair, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! Hell, I have a clean record, but I am only allowed to see my daughter every other weekend, on Sat 11am-4 PM and Sunday 12-6PM and thats it. So it just shows that the average man that has a good job or a man like myself, that served his country and goes above and beyond gets screwed because Friends Of The Court, are anti-males and they just give the women what they want.....oh by the way....I see my daughter that much, but I pay over 250.00 a month for child support......
anon

Lafayette, LA

#11 Jun 13, 2010
FRIEND OF COURT CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
*Father of two had was hospitalized for depression during divorce
*NO RECORD of abuse, neglect nor complaint of towards kids
* Psychiatrist treating reported that he was of no danger to the children
*Friend of court, Susan Borovich demands he be examined by someone else.
*Father is referred to a clinic run by Borovich's SISTER.
*SISTER's report disputed Psychiatrist.
*Father, now years later, and quite stable, is still not allowed unsupervised visitation with children.
*Mother of children also has history of depression and is also on medication.
*Aside from the obvious conflict of interest:
*Does this not damage a child's image of his/her father?
Does a child not have the right to come to know and love and trust his father without MOmmie tagging along?
*Does this not affect the child's ability to have trusting relationships
SHAME OF THE FRIEND OF THE COURT
figures

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 22, 2010
i had an experience with friend of the court in claie. it was beyond belief how messed up it was. The mother had been told in another state that they were taking our child from her so she skipps state and it took me almost 2 years to find her. Then when she tells on herself in court about what a liar she is and lack of parenting skills.. I still get supervised visits b/c she ran off with my child and she didn't think it would be good for him to be with me at first... She is still completly worthless living off of me and the state of MI but yet she gets all the rights to the child and me the father gets zip!
Revamp Clare County FOTC

Grand Blanc, MI

#13 Oct 14, 2010
Gerlinda Russel needs to retire or transfer to the DMV. She is dead weight and doesn’t deserve to receive a pay check for what she does. It baffles me that the court system will continue to employ such misfits. If they were privately run, Gerlinda would have been in the unemployment line 20 years ago.
NO HELP

Saginaw, MI

#14 Oct 28, 2010
clare Co. Friend of the court does nothing for fathers rights. The mother of my son is on drugs, moves over the 100 mile radius they gave her, never did a change of address, was selling drugs out of the house my son is living in, got busted, worked with the cops to turn other people in, and then they never took the kids, nore did any investigation with CPS... and Friend of the court will do NOTHING! CPS wont do anything either, about the neglect, drugs or any of it and it is bull.. they dont care about the children or fathers at all. As long as they get their money, thats all that matters to them. What else can i do to get my son away from her, and into good hands where he belongs?!?!
scared mom

Roscommon, MI

#15 Dec 21, 2010
My ex, the father of my children, twins, is now being held in Gladwin county for stalking a 12 year old girl. The scary thing is my twins are 12. Now he has been arraigned on 6 felonies against a minor under 13 that include 1st degree criminal sexual conduct. I had a hearing to change custody because Girlinda Russel wrote a letter stating that we had joint custody, when I tried to enforce that, it was not apparently true. She wrote the letter to appease me. They won't change custody of my children even though he is being held on a 250,000 dollar bond. Gladwin won't let him go to Clare and the friend of the court won't change custody without him there. I am terrified that if he gets out, Gerlinda is going to make me return them for his parenting time.
not surprized

Henderson, NC

#16 Jan 13, 2011
figures wrote:
i had an experience with friend of the court in claie. it was beyond belief how messed up it was. The mother had been told in another state that they were taking our child from her so she skipps state and it took me almost 2 years to find her. Then when she tells on herself in court about what a liar she is and lack of parenting skills.. I still get supervised visits b/c she ran off with my child and she didn't think it would be good for him to be with me at first... She is still completly worthless living off of me and the state of MI but yet she gets all the rights to the child and me the father gets zip!
The same almost exact thing happened to my husband. The mother, and I use that term lightly in her case is still worthless and won't even allow us to speak to the child. even though the legal papres say she is suspossed to...

“take it how u wanna”

Since: Jan 11

freespeach

#17 Jan 23, 2011
I hear ya ....... i know some one that the courts alowed the mother to leave the country and marry an illegal.......dont u know she stayed there and the man pays child support and still cant see his kid because there out of the country...........the friend of the court stick by there name, there friends of the court and they dont care about anyone but money...................d#mn shame.......last i known the limit was only 100 miles................
kids get screwed too

United States

#18 Apr 27, 2011
My ex didn't see the children for 6 years because he wanted to have a life and in his words to the children, I never wanted you little Basters. He was 5000 in the arrearage and Jamie Raymond dropped all of it and cancelled his child support but I still have to support the kids. She tells me to go sign up for welfare. Now he is back and had supervised visits and he threatens the kids and all Glenda Russel says is I am to busy put it is writing. When you go to the office she is just standing there but again she is to busy to talk to you. The office workers would rather talk on the phone than help you. God knows they get their paychecks. When will the state ever check this bs out.
David

Midland, MI

#19 May 1, 2013
So far friend of the court of Clare is doing good for me they gave me my child vistations and did good with my child support. They have backed me up all the way now I am going For sole custody of my child I hope to continue to get there support.
sunface

Chicago, IL

#21 Dec 1, 2013
What's even scarier is you have full custody of your daughter and didn't move out of clare or hire a lawyer to file charges againsr your x lover

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WZZM13 WATER COOLER - Weird 'shoe tree' in nort... (May '08) Fri toni 15
News Ex-Catholic teacher pleads guilty to sex with s... Thu Meanie 25
News Republic is in, Rizzo is out Thu thealertone 1
News Former Mount Clemens teacher charged with sex w... Jun 28 Hfgnn 1
Review: Village Square Co-Operative (Feb '09) Jun 20 Anonymous 21
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Jun 19 Anthony jr 69
Macomb County Police Abuse Jun 14 Nonya 2
More from around the web

Macomb People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE