Redford Township may not be among nation's safest places

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Officials at CNNMoney.com are considering pulling Redford Township off its list of the 25 safest places to live in America.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 116 of116
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BT express

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Redford may not make the top of the safest places to live, but please remember that any community is defined not by those who don't care about it, but by those who do care.

Any of the problems all of you cite can become something that reaches a tipping point and finally move the caring people to action and get them to reclaim the high standard of the place they live in...

Many of the comments I see here are made by people who actually care...I just hope that the caring you have moves you to do something good for the fine community of Redford Township...
john buck

Mora, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

charley carpender wrote:
<quoted text>are you related to david kutek?
that "back to Africa" quote is a famous Walter Kutek quote. so there is a very strong chance that David Kutek wrote that comment. I know he used to harass the first minority soul food restaurant that moved into Redford Township Michigan(especially the employees namely bus boys,cooks.)
THS77boy

La Verne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Judged:

I left Redford in 1982. It was a safe middle class suburb with a good Police dept and good schools. I come back to visit my parents every year. With each trip I become more and more concerned for my home town. It's not just because Redford has gone from 90+% white to a black majority. The blacks that have moved there are trying to escape the same crap that whites fled Detroit for back in the 60's and 70's.Unfortunately as more people move further and further from the city the housing prices drop and homes become abandoned and the scum who would rob, rape and kill slide right on in.I see the "Brightmoor" effect crossing Telegraph and Redford is the next victim.
Bojo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

The one good thing about Redford becoming a pitt hole is I no long have to go to detroit to get my rocks!!! I can get them just off Telegraph, much safer than going thru da hood :)
bobo

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

the rocks now sold in redford township are very reasonably priced good quality and hardly any additives to mess up your crack-pipe. support your local crack dealer keep your money in redford.
mary

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Judged:

WOw!!!
Feel very bad that I have 0% respect for Redford police dept. Stopped at stop sign the gunned it because my 1983 car was going to stall. Not a soul around. Cop came and gave me a ticket because I didn't stay at stop sign long enough. I'm unemployed and have a sick child. I do know that God will get to him and set him straight. Perhaps he could join a respectful dept like Dearborn NOT Dearborn Hts. they are just as bad. It is a sad day when you tell your kids what police dept. to NOT respect.
Redford fan

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Why cant everyone get along. People live where they can afford. So you do what you can to improve your space.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

redford is a cess pool of drugs and violence now. it was nice 10 years ago, but since housing prices dropped and the drug dealers moved in it is now a shit hole.
resident for 56 yrs

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Redford has gone down the drain. I agree to call it Redfordmoor... I remember as a kid Brightmoor was considered bad, don't go there. That is how Redford is now. A lot of wonder people live there but the new ones moving in are destroying it. It used to be so wonderful to start a family there. As far as Lola Valley Park.... you must not of seen it in years!! Sandys on the Beech is wonderful...so is Murphy's and Redford Inn....
scott kuhnen

Houghton Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Pay a visit to Fort Snage on Beech Daly, and you will see what a paranoid government looks like.
Alex

Rock Springs, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

scott kuhnen wrote:
Pay a visit to Fort Snage on Beech Daly, and you will see what a paranoid government looks like.

I think you mean "Corrupt Snage". They did temporary renamed the Public Works Building on Beech Daly "Corrupt Leo Snage" Building. If they are paranoid it means some people are doing something they are not supposed to be doing.
Nate

Rock Springs, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

scott kuhnen wrote:
Are you talking about the Building Department on Beech Daly or Township Shitty Hall?
Nate

Rock Springs, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean "Corrupt Snage". They did temporary renamed the Public Works Building on Beech Daly "Corrupt Leo Snage" Building. If they are paranoid it means some people are doing something they are not supposed to be doing.
John Selmi is the wannabe Snage now. Got appointed to a very unnecessary position and given a high salary by Tracy Kobyliar
Nate

Rock Springs, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

bobo wrote:
the rocks now sold in redford township are very reasonably priced good quality and hardly any additives to mess up your crack-pipe. support your local crack dealer keep your money in redford.
Speaking of messed of Crack Pipes. Has anybody ever noticed the portrait of Judge Karen Khalil at the 17th District Courthouse ? My opinion as an amateur artist. It seems she has the broke the crack-pipe look on her face when that picture was taken. LMAO!
Brian Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Well six years later, how are you bluegummers and piece of shit, retatded white trash? You can have em and they DO need to die and so do their children, you know I'm right! Lol Good luck
Fuel man

Merrill, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

The blacks have trashed Redford !! Is it racist if its true ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 116 of116
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Macomb Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Macomb People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance