Redford Township may not be among nat...

Redford Township may not be among nation's safest places

There are 128 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Sep 9, 2006, titled Redford Township may not be among nation's safest places. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Officials at CNNMoney.com are considering pulling Redford Township off its list of the 25 safest places to live in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Carrie in Redford

Detroit, MI

#86 Jul 9, 2008
Who do you think is paying for all of these imrovements in our Township? Who is bearing the burden? The taxpayers. He is being careless with OUR taxdollars, as a citizen of Redford, I would like to see a more transparent fiscal plan. Citizens in this community are not showing up at meetings, asking questions. The fireworks cost US more than $130,000. And it got rained out, couldn't this money have been invested in something that the community really needs, like a health clinic or something?????? Handy needs to quit......
Pride in Redford Twp wrote:
It is funny to read some of the things in the post/comments. I really just wonder if folks go out in the township of just view it from a foggy window. In the last couple of years one could see so many great things going on. Economic issues in the state is very true, but check it out. New Mexican Rest opened its door, R & R Cae has opened,both of them on Five Mile. Botsford medical is under construction, Keg and wine's new building under construction, JC's has a new home on Beach Daly, Sandy's is expanding. the township has taken down the old house on Beach for a park. the old hospital on Beach will now be taken down. One person made a comment about the flowers! They are GREAT to see, The stain on the stone work on the walkways is nice and look now at the old stone walls are even getting a much needed change in color to red that will shape the outline of our township. I see more top brass out of the chairs of Town Hall and on the streets of our town then ever before. they are not sitting around waiting to put out fires, they are changing our town forever. If you really want to bash something, bash the times before now! Ask yourself one thing. What was all the money a few years ago being used for. I say that if one was to think about it real good, we have not had a leader able to take this town to the next level until now......I say push on my friends in the Township, Push on. Your doing a great job and we aplod you all for your hard work and effort in the what may go down in history to be hardest times Michigan has ever had. Redford is strong! and it will with stand the storm around it. In closing, I will and can only hope that every time you see Mr Handy walking in our town you would shake his hand and thank him for going the extra mile we needed to become a great town again. "You have my vote sir"
BLOB

Wixom, MI

#87 Jul 18, 2008
Joe Schmoe-Redford wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live... never, never land? Are you going by the isp? If you are, you live in Farmington. Open your eyes, moron!
first OFF I LIVE IN REDFORD BUT MY IPS ADDRESS IS
Farmington.AND MY EYES ARE OPEN AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ON THE TO 25.

Since: Sep 07

Redford MI.

#88 Jul 18, 2008
BLOB wrote:
<quoted text>
first OFF I LIVE IN REDFORD BUT MY IPS ADDRESS IS
Farmington.AND MY EYES ARE OPEN AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ON THE TO 25.
???????
tomascia watson

Detroit, MI

#90 Aug 26, 2008
Hello, My name is Tomascia Watson and you can reach me at [email protected] I am working with business people interested in openign a strict discipline school in Redford Twp
Fall 2009. We are trying to gain support from current Redford Twp residence. If you know of anyone that wants to show support or has a high school student that may need to attend this kind of school please feel free to contact me.

STAR Approach to Education
Strict Training Academy of Redford (STAR) chooses to take a different approach to education). The strict discipline academy is an alternative school. STAR provides virtual computer education to students. STAR accept students expelled, suspended, court ordered or IEP’d (Individual Educational Program) from traditional public schools because of weapons possession or assault (Public Act 28 of 2005, Senate Bill 69). Parents can place their children directly in the school.

STARS Mission
The Strict Training Academy of Redford was established to meet the needs of at-risk students by providing a strict discipline alternative style education that assist with academic and emotional growth by providing virtual style of education, mentorship and character building that would prevent potential student dropouts or future career criminals. At-risk students need extra help in order to succeed. STAR is currently working with Superintendent Rhodes of Redford Union Schools in District No. 1, to open a school in Redford Union District by September 2009.

Strict Training Academy of Redford High School accepting applications (Redford, MI)

The Strict Training Academy of Redford High School (STAR) is accepting applications for the Fall 2009/10 school year. STAR school will be safe, orderly, supportive, and focused on academics. Student behavior will be governed by a code of conduct that emphasizes self-respect and respect for others. STAR staff and teachers in partnership with Youth Vision 2000 program will support the personal development of students and their parents.

STAR teachers realize that parents are the first educators of their children and parent involvement is a key factor in increasing student achievement. STAR will provide parent-school contract to parents and it will include maintaining consistent dialogue with teachers and attending a series of Youth Vision 2000 workshops focused on ways that parents can support the development and achievement of their children. STAR students will do more than learn. Students’ learning will become meaningful as they apply their content knowledge and skills to act on and resolve "real world" issues.

Requirements:
Must be a Michigan Resident
Must be between the ages of 16-20
Must be expelled, suspended from other public or private school
Can be court appointed
Can be placed by a parent

We will email you an application that can be emailed or mailed.

Principal/Teaching Jobs Opportunity 2008/09
Strict Training Academy of Redford is currently interviewing Educators for its up coming school opening in September 2008. If interesting in being in considered for this position please contact me. You must have a love for youth ages 16-21. Email Tomascia Watson with any questions regarding the school at [email protected]
• Compensation: State of Michigan Annual Standard Teacher/Principal Wages
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Phone calls about this job are ok.
• You may contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests

For inquiries please contact Miss Tomascia Watson via email:
[email protected]
tomascia watson

Clarklake, MI

#91 Aug 26, 2008
Hello, My name is Tomascia Watson and you can reach me at [email protected] I am working with business people interested in openign a strict discipline school in Redford Twp
Fall 2009. We are trying to gain support from current Redford Twp residence. If you know of anyone that wants to show support or has a high school student that may need to attend this kind of school please feel free to contact me.

STAR Approach to Education
Strict Training Academy of Redford (STAR) chooses to take a different approach to education). The strict discipline academy is an alternative school. STAR provides virtual computer education to students. STAR accept students expelled, suspended, court ordered or IEP’d (Individual Educational Program) from traditional public schools because of weapons possession or assault (Public Act 28 of 2005, Senate Bill 69). Parents can place their children directly in the school.

STARS Mission
The Strict Training Academy of Redford was established to meet the needs of at-risk students by providing a strict discipline alternative style education that assist with academic and emotional growth by providing virtual style of education, mentorship and character building that would prevent potential student dropouts or future career criminals. At-risk students need extra help in order to succeed. STAR is currently working with Superintendent Rhodes of Redford Union Schools in District No. 1, to open a school in Redford Union District by September 2009.

For inquiries please contact Miss Tomascia Watson via email:
[email protected]
redfords finest

Tinley Park, IL

#92 Sep 1, 2008
the u tube video showing miles handy as boss hogg was taken out of context, and roscoe if anybody remembers watching the dukes of hazzard no one was puliing boss hoggs's strings or taking kickbacks bribes etc. its still too early see see if handy did a good job running the twp. he needed a couple of years more to really see the progress , anyways miles handy should have no trouble winning back his job in 4 years a lot of us did'nt vote in the election being summertime.i will be voting next time for mr.handy someboy should make a u tube cartoon video of tracy schultz and leo snage, remember the kibbles and bits commerical?leo snage would be the little dog jumping over t
redfords finest

Tinley Park, IL

#93 Sep 1, 2008
the next utube cartoon video featuring the thugs of redford should be made after the kibbles and bits commerical the little dog jumping over the bulldog we can put leo snage's face on the little dog and tracys face on the big dog.thats mr. snage right down to a tee! always the troublemaker. tracy schultz kobylarz will be having leo snage pulling her strings like a political puppett, leo aways demands a return of a favor a hundredfold, the people of redford township will be the real victims of mr. snages greed.
Redfords finest

Honolulu, HI

#94 Sep 2, 2008
Redford's finest are only entitled to that distinction when they acto honorably in instances that they don't then like the rest of us they need to purge out the bad and dust themselves off and seek to do better and do it openly...recently with the Detroit police officer smashing into someone's car and the subsequent complicity of the Redford police with this incident and what strongly smells like a deliberate cover-up until the smoke of public outrage subsides is tremendous reason for the public to tar and feather the police officers involved in this misbehavior...the only thing that has been said is that the matter is being investigated and the public is supposed to blindly trust that the matter is properly ajudicated...I can almost quarantee that nothing further will be said about this incident and those who bring it up will be harrassed and retalitated against...

Redford MI.

#95 Sep 8, 2008
redfords finest wrote:
the u tube video showing miles handy as boss hogg was taken out of context, and roscoe if anybody remembers watching the dukes of hazzard no one was puliing boss hoggs's strings or taking kickbacks bribes etc. its still too early see see if handy did a good job running the twp. he needed a couple of years more to really see the progress , anyways miles handy should have no trouble winning back his job in 4 years a lot of us did'nt vote in the election being summertime.i will be voting next time for mr.handy someboy should make a u tube cartoon video of tracy schultz and leo snage, remember the kibbles and bits commerical?leo snage would be the little dog jumping over t
How was it out of context? If summer time effected his supporters wouldn't that be true for the rest of the candidates? The absentee votes were mostly his but I guess the majority that did go and vote saw through the mess he has created and the problems that we must try and fix when he disappears come November.
charles c

United States

#96 Sep 13, 2008
Redford top criminal gov wrote:
Redford twp is corrupt they named abuilding after one of the most corrupt govt officails in mi in 60 years Leo snage his office had statues of black camels (he is of middleeastern decsent) a sick man aka the king of kickbacks . With judge Karen khahlil equals 2evil Arabs controlling Redford twp a shineing example of why there will be no peace in the middle east. Those 2 people are the reason there is so much chaos and mayhem in Redford twp Leo snag is retired from the twp Karen khahlil is the last remnant of evil left in redford let's not reelect her when her term is up for election. Also she without doubt she is the most uglyiest judge in the history of Redford twp that is the godhonest truth
that last name is misspelled its karen khalil,17th district court somebody should post a pic of judge karen khalil thats shown in 1990's redford chamber of commerce the one when dan ryan was there. that was pre 9-11, now after 9-11 her new pic posted now shows a big smile !!!! the pre- 9-11 pic is both mean an d ugly looking.
charley carpender

Cheyenne, WY

#97 Jan 16, 2009
its the blacks fault wrote:
i feel bad for the parents of these dumb white girls getting knocked up by these babboons and being forced into taking care of these ugly ass half breed babies. you had better teach your daughters that a foot of dick is not worth the next 20 years on state aid. black men want to do nothing more than sell drugs to get their money and sleep with anything that moves. they are being raised to steal and robb and be drug dealers. look at the schools in detroit, its a waste of time to try to teach the un teachable, they graduate less that 25 percent of their students but cry about how the schools have no money. the parents of these babboons should move back to africa so they can fit in there.
are you related to david kutek?
Ron

Kalispell, MT

#98 Jan 21, 2009
charley carpender wrote:
<quoted text>are you related to david kutek?
it might be David kutek! That posted it
Don Scarboni

Detroit, MI

#99 Jan 30, 2009
Redfords finest wrote:
Redford's finest are only entitled to that distinction when they acto honorably in instances that they don't then like the rest of us they need to purge out the bad and dust themselves off and seek to do better and do it openly...recently with the Detroit police officer smashing into someone's car and the subsequent complicity of the Redford police with this incident and what strongly smells like a deliberate cover-up until the smoke of public outrage subsides is tremendous reason for the public to tar and feather the police officers involved in this misbehavior...the only thing that has been said is that the matter is being investigated and the public is supposed to blindly trust that the matter is properly ajudicated...I can almost quarantee that nothing further will be said about this incident and those who bring it up will be harrassed and retalitated against...
That is so very true!! With the tag Redfords Finest either you were or are a cop? If so you know what happens to ANYBODY who rocks the boat of a political official judge or a cop in those parts. Will there ever be ANY kind of justice in Redford Township?
Don Scarboni

Detroit, MI

#102 Jan 30, 2009
LETS BE REAL wrote:
THIS PLACE IS A DUMP, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS ITS BEEN ALL DOWNHILL. YOU HAVE MONEY HUNGRY COPS AND JUDGES WHO WRITE TICKETS FOR EVERY DAM THING AND CHARGE YOU UP THE ASS, THE POLICE VIOLATE THE HELL OUT OF YOUR 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHT EVERY TIME THEY PULL YOU OVER, YOU HAVE ALL THESE BLACK THUGS MOVING INTO THE CITY AND STARTING TO PUSH THEIR DRUGS INTO THE TOWN. YOU HAVE RISING PROPERTY TAXES ALL WHILE YOUR HOMES VALUE GOES DOWN, AND THEN YOU GET THE BLACKS IN HERE WHO DONT TAKE CARE OF THEIR YARDS OR HOMES AND SMOKE WEED OPENLY AND PLAY THEIR MUSIC LOUD ALL DAMN DAY. THEN YOU HAVE ALL THESE TEENAGE KIDS WALKING THE STREETS 2 -3 4 IN THE AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO STEAL. THIS PLACE IS A CESS POOL AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE BECAUSE ALL THE TRASH IS MOVING FROM DETROIT TO REDFORD BECAUSE OF CHEAP HOMES. DONT MOVE HEAR IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY, MOVE FURTHER AWAY
RACIST GRAND WIZARD!! Go Back to Howell with the rest of your Klan!!
Don Scarboni

Detroit, MI

#103 Jan 30, 2009
Northwest girl wrote:
The woman from Kentucky is totally correct in her summary of daily going-ons within Redford twp. As property values plumit and most decent "God fearing white families" make their exit to safe cities like Livonia, Plymouth, Northville, Walled Lake and Commerce more and more worthless, uneducatated, low-brow, idiotic, criminal blacks (AS WELL AS THE GENERIC WHITE TRAILER TRASH) from Brightmoor continue to make their entrance into our once wholesome neighbourhoods. The typical family in Redford has gone from looking like a white father, white mother and 2.5 kids to a cracked out, weed-smoking,welfare-check cashing, food-stamp abusing, uneductated black mother whose unmarried. Of course, she'll have at least 5-6 kids by all different fathers born out of wedlock. Of her derelict kids, the younger of the lot will be setting fires, jumping innocent white kids, stealing bikes and breaking and entering local homes. The older girls will be getting knocked up so they can ride the welfare ticket to the bank; and, the older boys will be running about trying to locate some over-weight teenage, naive white-girl to get knocked up so they can abandon her and the kid as soon as its born. Some of you won't like what I say: Not because its socially/politically incorrect, but cause its THE DAMN TRUTH!
You're just upset because you want a soul brother and nobody will touch you seeing as how you are probably 200 plus pounds, dirty blonde,smell like a german shepard, and have as much "sense" as a penny with a hole in it!!
Don Scarboni

Detroit, MI

#104 Jan 30, 2009
american wrote:
<quoted text> I know nothing about real estate? I SOLD MY HOME THERE 2 YEARS AGO FOR THREE TIMES WHAT I PAID FOR IT 20 YEARS BEFORE ,YOU STILL LIVE THERE AND WILL ONLY LOOSE MONEY THE LONGER YOU STAY! I'LL BET YOU CAN'T SELL IT FOR WHAT YOU OWE ON IT------ ENOUGH SAID!
FACTS ALWAYS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS .what do you keep bringing up brightmoor for? I lived on inkster rd!!!!!!!!
tomorrow I'll wakeup in the country on the farm i bought you'll wakeup
in the new brightmoor. sweet dreams
I like the way you rip up Joe Schmoe he is a stupid bastard!! He will be the first to purchase a single wide on Joy Rd. just so he can stay in Dreadford.

Redford MI.

#105 Jan 30, 2009
Don Scarboni wrote:
<quoted text>I like the way you rip up Joe Schmoe he is a stupid bastard!! He will be the first to purchase a single wide on Joy Rd. just so he can stay in Dreadford.
Didn't rip into me. They were run out of town and had problems with being a criminal just as you did. Could care less about property values either, my home has been paid for many years ago and what ever I get for it will be more than I paid anyway. When it's time,(meaning when criminals like you affect my well being) I will leave and retire on my golf course property in N. Carolina and watch and laugh at all the problems you are still dealing with.
Don Scarboni

Detroit, MI

#106 Jan 31, 2009
Redford I mean dreadford safe!! Yeah right! What about this little gang The NoOnes a group of thugs running around assaulting people? They are no better than the police department!! The only difference between the two is the police get paid to F@#K people up and these guys are doing it freely!
Mike moore

Rock Springs, WY

#107 Feb 8, 2009
Where's boss hog and roscoe p coltrane when u need them?
RedfordResident

United States

#108 Jul 5, 2009
Redford Township is not safe. The police give tons of tickets out for petty traffic violations that they pin on us. Just because lots of traffic violations are issused does not make a place safe. It makes a place that you wany to stay away from . I have had 3 traffic violations in Redford and failed to see video for any of them but was still held responsible for all of them so it basically the officers word against mind. Wow, how fair is that. When i saw the same officer that issued me my ticket going from zero to 70 in the departments charger leaving out of a local neighborhood park with no lights or sirens going, BUT Redford Township is safe . I guess if they say so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Reggie/Reginald Armstead Sep 26 CityGirl 1
burt radtz hhs class of 2000? Sep 25 Sgblair 2
Parking in front of other people's homes (Sep '11) Sep 11 Tired of excuses 33
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Sep 5 Curious Dom 70
Kuka of Sterling Hgts treats employees real bad Aug '16 Learned hard way 1
Kuka treats employees real bad Aug '16 Learned hard way 1
News Hillary Clinton is talking jobs, jobs, jobs a "... Aug '16 Synque 32

Macomb Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance