Redford Township may not be among nation's safest places

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Officials at CNNMoney.com are considering pulling Redford Township off its list of the 25 safest places to live in America.
Comments
1 - 20 of 119 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 4
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
MR Redford

AOL

#1 Sep 9, 2006
What a joke ....the article says Redford "May" not be on the list of ULTRA ULTRA safest cities ...well sir is it or isnt it , considering we border one of the most crime ridden areas of Detroit (brightmoor) Redford holds it own. Our officers are the best. Safest? accuacy in reporting ...suspect
Russell

United States

#2 Sep 11, 2006
Well, my car insurance rates were real nice, b/c of the cities standing, I guess thats not the case anymore.
Johnny

Livonia, MI

#3 Sep 16, 2006
how can redford be amongst the safest cities in the united states? on any given day at any given time, you can see multiple squad cars clocking motorists traveling on telegraph road, if the number one criteria for crime is speeding while behind the wheel, then yes, redford would have to be number 1, however, my version of safe extends from petty traffic violations, in that case, redford does not belong in the same standing as some of the other towns on the list compiled by money magazine
Becky

Jackson, MI

#4 Dec 16, 2006
Redford officals are too busy looking in mirrors, primping themselves and hiding unethical behavior to concern themselves with the saftey of Redford residents.

“Redford Township Resident”

Since: May 07

Redford

#5 May 9, 2007
Becky wrote:
Redford officals are too busy looking in mirrors, primping themselves and hiding unethical behavior to concern themselves with the saftey of Redford residents.
Since you don't live here, how would you know? Our crime stats are down. Quit speeding on Telegraph and you could avoid our officers. They are not primpers and there is no unethical behavior.
Becky

Royal Oak, MI

#6 May 21, 2007
No,But I was raised there. I still have family there. I'd say that counts for knowing a little about Redford.

They are not primpers and there is no unethical behavior.

And you know this for sure?

>
Rebecka

Waynesboro, GA

#7 May 30, 2007
Johnny wrote:
how can redford be amongst the safest cities in the united states? on any given day at any given time, you can see multiple squad cars clocking motorists traveling on telegraph road, if the number one criteria for crime is speeding while behind the wheel, then yes, redford would have to be number 1, however, my version of safe extends from petty traffic violations, in that case, redford does not belong in the same standing as some of the other towns on the list compiled by money magazine

Johnny, Apparently you have never been on the other side of Telegraph!!!!!!!!
Like anyone cares

AOL

#8 Jun 6, 2007
Ha! Dont get me started with Redford PD! I have called them countless times since our new neighbors moved in 3 years ago. We have called countless times because it is a drug house and there are nonstop problems. The funny thing is that half the time the cops are there anyway because of domestic violence or due to the owner fighting in the street with minors! Its obvious the owner is speeded out on something, acting psycho screaming her foul language in the middle of the street....no arrests, no search for drugs, no nothing! There are babies in that house and so many many kids that live in the surrpunding homes. I have even offered the Redford PD Videotape of the drug activity and they dont even care about it. Our neighborhood has been shot to hell since they moved in! You know, they wouldnt even have to work hard, just drive around the corner and you will see teens sitting outside smoking pot, numerous cars stopping for their 60 second curb-side drug pick-up etc. Redford is a joke. They dont care about the citizens here.....what do they care about, certainly not safety of our children!!!!
Hydro

Lansing, MI

#9 Jun 11, 2007
please post your video's on youtube its free. name the the video's Redford drug deals lol its funny I have 8 cams outside my house just looking for the right stuff to post. I'm a security -n- computer tech
Redford Resident

United States

#10 Jun 20, 2007
Like anyone cares wrote:
Ha! Dont get me started with Redford PD! I have called them countless times since our new neighbors moved in 3 years ago. We have called countless times because it is a drug house and there are nonstop problems. The funny thing is that half the time the cops are there anyway because of domestic violence or due to the owner fighting in the street with minors! Its obvious the owner is speeded out on something, acting psycho screaming her foul language in the middle of the street....no arrests, no search for drugs, no nothing! There are babies in that house and so many many kids that live in the surrpunding homes. I have even offered the Redford PD Videotape of the drug activity and they dont even care about it. Our neighborhood has been shot to hell since they moved in! You know, they wouldnt even have to work hard, just drive around the corner and you will see teens sitting outside smoking pot, numerous cars stopping for their 60 second curb-side drug pick-up etc. Redford is a joke. They dont care about the citizens here.....what do they care about, certainly not safety of our children!!!!
Go To the City Hall And Complain About your Neighbor. You have to stand up for yourself. Talk to the other residents in the area because just maybe feelings of the situation is mutual. Stick Togeteher You have that right. Don't forget that you are a Tax payer and having drugs around children should and will not be permitted.

“Redford Township Resident”

Since: May 07

Redford

#12 Jun 21, 2007
Call the Observer and show them the video. Dave Varga and Matt Jackman are the two reporters that work the "Redford beat". Drugs have no place in our community or near our kids!
Like anyone cares

AOL

#13 Jun 22, 2007
Quite honestly we are frightened for our safety. We have been confronted and threatened numerous times and we cant afford to keep repairing the damage to our property due to retaliation or whatever you want to call it. Just like everyone else we are struggling to get by. We would like to move but so many people are leaving Redford the houses just arent selling...we would have to pay to leave or walk away with a foreclosure (we are coming close to that decision). Trust me, we dont want them to win! I would like to say we are strong and we are fighting for our neighborhood, we act strong and dont turn away from them, but we really are scared. We are just waiting for the day bullets start to fly! We have fought and fought and no one seems to do a thing about it. Cops have been there countless times, they never go inside, they never arrest anyone...even when adults are in physical altercations with young teens, housing countless teens, pregnant teens, providing liquer, etc......trust me, we have been doing all that we can do "safely" and have gotten absolutely nowhere!!! Coincidentally after posting in here the curbside drug pick-ups have been to an extreme minimum....we really do think it is just a coincidence though. It wont stop, they will be back. The funny thing is that we can understand ones desperation to survive. If they are so desperate to make money and feel that selling drugs is the only way they can survive, fine! I know that sounds crazy and dont mean to imply drugs are okay, we just know what it is like to be THAT desperate. Anyhow, if this is how they need to make their living why cant they be discrete about it? Keep it quiet...do your thing in your house and keep it quiet! Well, we are giving great thought to taking our videos to City Hall since the Redford PD has shown no interest....thank you all for your advice. We just want to keep our children safe...THAT is our greatest concern.
lose_the_grim

Detroit, MI

#14 Jun 22, 2007
Dude, what part of town or you in I live on Five Points on the north side... and I don't see that shit going down. And I'm a nosy bastard!
Charles Carpenter

AOL

#15 Jul 28, 2007
Redford is one of the safest citys ...that fact was proven after a UNNAMED former police offical tried to stop the magazine from putting Redford on the list. Concider this Redford boarders Livonia,Detroit, Dearbornhgts,southfield, they boarder detroits Brightmoor area the highest crime area in the city. Redford has development going in the downtown area Five mile , they are getting there streets paved the enforcement of ordinances the police dept increased by 4 officers while everybody else is laying off officers ....while some misinformed people like to slam Redford read www.itrusttracey.com and find out whats really going on ......
jomama320

United States

#16 Jul 29, 2007
Redford has development going in the downtown area Five mile

yeah, right i watch the township crews water the little plant holders everyday, gosh what a major development!!!!

lived in redford 4 51yrs, gotta get out of REDFORDMOOR,(brightmoor)

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#17 Jul 29, 2007
Im sorry is there not 4 new resteraunts going up and the new Patio on Sandys bar ? I say goodbye and enjoy your life since it is obvious your lost or blind if you cant see the difference Itrusttracy.com
Bill

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2007
Hey Charles, Do you have a mind of your own or do just repeat whatever Tracy tells you to...I've read you in several discussions and the best you have to offer is telling people to go to itrusttracy.com ! If mindnumb robots like you work for Tracy then I got news for you...I DON'T TRUST TRACY!!!!! And by the way..Redford should be renamed West Brightmoor!
tomsmith317

West Bloomfield, MI

#19 Jul 30, 2007
There has to be two Redford's! Or a mistake like confusing Highland with Highland Park.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#20 Aug 8, 2007
Bill stop hating it not pretty at all www.itrusttracey.com
martha fazzini

Detroit, MI

#21 Aug 19, 2007
I left redford thirteen years ago for grand rapids michigan. I miss redford terribly. duffy's den for hamburgers, bowling lola valley park we had great neighbors and we looked out for ourselves. I miss it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Direct tv refer a friend (Sep '12) Aug 29 Mark 47
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Friend of the Court, Department of Social Servi... (Aug '06) Aug 22 angell 22
Carine Mapish inspires vctims of child abuse!! Aug 17 dreamcatchers_donna 1
Woman Reported Dead During Flood Speaks Out: 'I... Aug 16 reality is a crutch 1
Woman reported dead during Michigan flood is alive Aug 16 Maggie Gallaghers... 1
New scooter donated to Mt. Clemens woman days a... Aug 9 Kevin 1
•••
•••
•••

Macomb Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Macomb People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••