Pawlenty knocks Obama health care pla...

Pawlenty knocks Obama health care plan during Michigan GOP appe...

There are 57 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 26, 2009, titled Pawlenty knocks Obama health care plan during Michigan GOP appe.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty warned Michigan Republicans of the dangers of President Barack Obama's health care proposal and urged them to appeal to blue-collar voters with a GOP message of personal and fiscal responsibility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jake

Singapore, Singapore

#1 Sep 26, 2009
More peacocking from our wonderful Chief Redneck. How about you actually do some work instead of wasting taxpayers' money?
Lions Tigers and Bears

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 26, 2009
Jake wrote:
More peacocking from our wonderful Chief Redneck. How about you actually do some work instead of wasting taxpayers' money?
Absolutely!!
crackerjackson

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 26, 2009
Tim Pawlenty for President 2012.
I will vote for him and be part of his campaign to overthrow the muslim, communist President Obama.
Pawlenty 2012

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Sep 26, 2009
Why I am for Tim Pawlenty for President:
First, he is not for big government.
Second, he has the balls to tell the Democrats that he will not participate in a "Summit" regarding the state of economic affairs in Minnesota. Stating that the Dems should have taken care of these issues while they where being payed by tax payers, isn't that what legislating is for?
Third, He is a man that won't be pressured by special interests. He is a man of working class stock that values hard work, and is loyal to his tax paying constituents.
Just say no

Hillsboro, OR

#6 Sep 26, 2009
Why I won't vote for Pawlenty or any other Republican for that matter: the GOP has been taken over by the religious right and stupidity reigns supreme in a party the doesn't value education and innovation. The GOP represents a return to the '50's Ozzie & Harriet lifestyle and is truly lost in this point in history.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#7 Sep 26, 2009
Just say no wrote:
Why I won't vote for Pawlenty or any other Republican for that matter: the GOP has been taken over by the religious right and stupidity reigns supreme in a party the doesn't value education and innovation. The GOP represents a return to the '50's Ozzie & Harriet lifestyle and is truly lost in this point in history.
I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
Peter

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 26, 2009
Just say no wrote:
We do value education, so much so in fact that we're willing to challenge the teachers' union. We also value innovation; we just don't think that designing new social programs qualifies.
LBJ

Storm Lake, IA

#9 Sep 26, 2009
Pawlenty isn't knocking anything. Obamacare knocks itself, Plawlenty is only exposing it to the light. That is called public service. And there are precious few willing to risk the media blitzkrieg and the eire of the new Obamanation to get Palinized for turing over the slimy rock of Government healthcare. Thanks for not being an Obama kiss-a$$ Tim.
The Greatest Observer

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2009
"Third, He is a man that won't be pressured by special interests. He is a man of working class stock that values hard work"

LOL - thanks for the laughs on every angle.
Chev Chelios

Superior, WI

#11 Sep 26, 2009
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha I thought a post as stupid as his deserved a incisive remark, but I wont try to top that!
Chev Chelios

Superior, WI

#12 Sep 26, 2009
The Greatest Observer wrote:
"Third, He is a man that won't be pressured by special interests. He is a man of working class stock that values hard work"
LOL - thanks for the laughs on every angle.
,Trouble is, liberals and democraps want someone who is corrupt hates middle America and someone who wants to dissolve the constitution, steal, yes I said steal money from people working thier butt off to get by just to give it to some outhouse fodder like ACORN or any of the many government waste projects. I wonder how long it takes before some horse behind liberal calls him a racist.By the way, I am waiting for the liberals to come out in force and call out Mr. Community organizer for sabre rattling and war mongering agaisnt Iran. Just like you did against Bush. Or are you disingeuous. Double standard anyone?
Just say no

Hillsboro, OR

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, Texas...land of LBJ and GW. Need I say more.
The Last Real American

Cottage Grove, MN

#14 Sep 26, 2009
You're as evil and ignorant as he is.
Pawlenty 2012 wrote:
Second, he has the balls to tell the Democrats that he will not participate in a "Summit" regarding the state of economic affairs in Minnesota. Stating that the Dems should have taken care of these issues while they where being payed by tax payers, isn't that what legislating is for?
Third, He is a man that won't be pressured by special interests. He is a man of working class stock that values hard work, and is loyal to his tax paying constituents.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#15 Sep 26, 2009
Just say no wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, Texas...land of LBJ and GW. Need I say more.
You forgot Audie Murphy, WWII mnost decorated hero, Ocscar Benivedes, Vietnan. Admiral Chester Nimitz who designed the winning of the Pacific in WWII, James E. Rudder, hero of D Day, Red Adair, Carrol Burnett, Dwight Eisenhower, A J Foyt, Dr. Denten Cooley (famous heart surgeon) Sandra Day O'Conner, Ben Hogen, Babe Didrickson Zaharias and many, many more. I'm sure you were going to mention all of them weren't you?

And the best you can come up with is Jesse Ventura? Holy sheet!
doomster

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 26, 2009
Pawlenty 2012 wrote:
He's a lot more loyal to those Christian right hillbilly nutjobs down south than the Minnesotans that elected him. You must like living in 1953.
tony

Eden Prairie, MN

#17 Sep 26, 2009
Pawlenty 2012 wrote:
What is "big government"? That is the part of government that helps the middle class & the working poor. The loss of this would only empower the wealthy & destroy the middle class. Next he wouldnt attend the Summit because he knows that he put the State in a financial mess & he has no idea how to fix it, that's also why he is not running for re-election. Yes, he's from a blue color family but after he got his subsidized education from the U of M he has sinced pulled the rug out from other blue collar families by raising tuition by 70%. As far as who his constituents are, it is the top 1% in the state who he arranged to cut their taxes so they now pay less as a percentage than the middle class, at least thats what his office says.
Shopman

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2009
T'Paw could sell ants at a picnic. That's what he's good at , selling. You must remember in his world , borrow and spend is not a tax.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 26, 2009
Shopman wrote:
T'Paw could sell ants at a picnic. That's what he's good at , selling. You must remember in his world , borrow and spend is not a tax.
And fees aren't a tax either.
speedy

United States

#20 Sep 26, 2009
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
And fees aren't a tax either.
Yes! And that is exactly why this conservative and family will NEVER vote for him again, for any office. His cute little word games became one of the largest tax increases in our states history.
Plus he is pro green agenda, pro ethanol, pro bio diesel..
Yah quite the liberal. Please, to the republican establishment, DO NOT make us turn away another like we had to do with McCain. Give us someone real.
speedy

United States

#21 Sep 26, 2009
doomster wrote:
<quoted text>He's a lot more loyal to those Christian right hillbilly nutjobs down south than the Minnesotans that elected him. You must like living in 1953.
You have issues

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mackinac Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barb Jones Sleeping With married men Dec 30 Checkmate 1
News The Latest: Michigan, Enbridge reach deal on oi... Nov '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
Homes for rent (Apr '17) Apr '17 Ray hubbard 1
News Just when you thought it couldn't get weirder a... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hail 1
News Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement reports rece... (Jul '11) Jun '16 muessig1 2
Detroit (Jun '16) Jun '16 David 1
Repent Repent Repent Toll Booth Guy (Apr '16) Apr '16 REPENT PAY TOLL 1

Mackinac Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mackinac Island Mortgages