How Jimmy Rosendall did Detroit

How Jimmy Rosendall did Detroit

There are 31 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Feb 2, 2009, titled How Jimmy Rosendall did Detroit. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

The allegations seem unreal to his old business partner -- bribing Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, the private charter jets to Las Vegas and Mackinac Island, the secret meeting at a Grand Rapids hotel, a payoff ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kwamedidit

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Feb 2, 2009
Yo "Footsteps" Falco - I agree on most of that, except that Jimmy was more than a salesman. He was vice president of development and president of Synagro Michigan. In Michigan, he was the company. This Detroit thing was all Jimmy, he was architect and builder. I agree he did a thorough job AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE. But I would not want to be Jimmy when Kwame and the boys find him...
Lee Harvey

Marysville, OH

#22 Feb 3, 2009
What really gets me is the fact that Jim's getting crucified in the media and by the "judges" in this post. Where's the outrage for the corruption on the part of our elected and appointed officials? It's only a bribe if it's accepted. Seeing a lot of acceptance on our official's parts lately. Kwame, Blagojovich......... WAKE UP! Time to stop with the mock anger for the people out trying to make a living and time to dig a little deeper in the supposed "saints" we've sent to represent us.

Since: Aug 07

Greater Grand Rapids

#23 Feb 3, 2009
Lee Harvey wrote:
It's only a bribe if it's accepted.
So what is it if it's not accepted? An offering? A tithe?

Little confused.
Shop Girl

Allendale, MI

#24 Feb 3, 2009
This is just another example of "selective reporting" by WOOD TV 8. Why doesn't newly hired reporter Ken Kolker identify everyone who was involved in this corrupt mess? Doesn't this scandal also involve Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell and Second Ward City Commissioner Rosalynn Bliss, too? Why aren't you telling the whole story, WOOD TV 8???
Shop Girl

Allendale, MI

#25 Feb 3, 2009
It's also not surprising that this guy was appointed to some state commission by Gov. Scamholm.
Jim Reyers

Holland, MI

#26 Feb 3, 2009
I fail to understand why the media does not exploit the corrupt politictions. Their the ones that have, or should have the responsiblty to uphold the publics best interest. These people are elected officals who are supposed to have integrity and honesty. Unfortunalty for Mr. Rosendall he had no choice but to participate in this corruption, he was a businessman trying to succeed. Why dosen't News 8 list all of the people that he supposedly paid-off.

As for New 8 or any other media, all they look for is the bad news, which is why they grab a story like this.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#27 Feb 3, 2009
Shop Girl wrote:
It's also not surprising that this guy was appointed to some state commission by Gov. Scamholm.
The same way President Obama appointed a person who failed to pay self-employment taxes and hired an illegal alien in his household as the Treasury Secretary. This is a man who’s going to be in charge of tax reporting and collection. Go figure.
Lee Harvey

Langeloth, PA

#28 Feb 3, 2009
welcome to GR wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is it if it's not accepted? An offering? A tithe?
Little confused.
Think deeper..........they don't have to accept the "gift". If Jim's proposal is illegal, all they have to do is say no and report him to the authorities. Tithes and offerings go back to God, not your government. You're right, you are confused!

Since: Aug 07

Greater Grand Rapids

#29 Feb 3, 2009
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Think deeper..........they don't have to accept the "gift". If Jim's proposal is illegal, all they have to do is say no and report him to the authorities. Tithes and offerings go back to God, not your government. You're right, you are confused!
I was being sarcastic when I wrote that. I was implying that the "offering" was illegal and it should have been reported.
A previous poster declared what he did not illegal. I was simply comparing an offering verses a bribe.
Bill

AOL

#30 Feb 4, 2009
These clowns get away with this stuff, and usually aren't punished much. It's hard to believe there wasn't more people involved with it. You get the feeling if others are involved they are saying " don't worry Jimmy, you take the fall, maybe spend a few months in jail, but we got you covered, and when you get out, you'll still have all that money we made off it.
Tom

AOL

#31 Feb 4, 2009
Jim Reyers wrote:
I fail to understand why the media does not exploit the corrupt politictions. Their the ones that have, or should have the responsiblty to uphold the publics best interest.
They all know a lot more than they publish. They and newpaper reporters. In the old days some editor would come up with dirt and it didnt matter who the person was they had dirt on. The chief would say " wow, great job! Wait till story hits the stands" nowdays it's more like the chief saying " we can't print this, don't ask me any questions why" and the reporter is wondering why the chief won't let the story out. Little does he know, the chief made some calls and was told not to print it if they value their job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mackinac Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cruise ship docks in Holland amid large waves o... Aug 25 District 1 4
News S.A.N.E. makes 26 arrests (Mar '08) Jul '15 Lil momma 11
News 2014 Mini Cooper - Small Wheelbase, Long Legs May '15 Go Blue Forever 1
Solving Cheboygan's Economic Woes - Part 1, HOW Apr '15 Nudely 1
Solving Cheboygan's Economic Woes - Part 3, COMMIT Apr '15 Nudely 1
Rich Rodriguez (Sep '10) Apr '15 360Junkman 2
Kathryn Schmidt Smith (Mar '15) Mar '15 Alabama slamma 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mackinac Island Mortgages