Top Stories - First Coast Priest Sued...

Top Stories - First Coast Priest Sued, Accused of Abusing and T...

There are 117 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Top Stories - First Coast Priest Sued, Accused of Abusing and T.... In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

By Jackelyn Barnard First Coast News JACKSONVILLE, FL -- First Coast News has learned a Jacksonville priest has been sued along with his church and the church's archdiocese.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sToP nOw

AOL

#134 Sep 23, 2007
DiDn'T AnYoNe LiStEn To fR, mAgOs 2DaY. hE wAs rIte. wE nEeD 2 sToP aRgUiNg n StArT pRaYinG.

Since: Jul 07

Orange Park, FL

#135 Sep 23, 2007
sToP nOw wrote:
DiDn'T AnYoNe LiStEn To fR, mAgOs 2DaY. hE wAs rIte. wE nEeD 2 sToP aRgUiNg n StArT pRaYinG.
Dude, stop WrItInG lIkE tHiS! Makes you look like an idiot.
I dare say

Decatur, GA

#138 Sep 23, 2007
Tony wrote:
I have been an avid fan of WTLV's new crew for many years, but I am very disappointed that they would make a "breaking news story" merely because someone filed a law suit. Anyone can sue anyone these days; but if Joe Blow the Cabinet Maker was being sued, we'd never even hear about it. But because it involves a priest, it makes headline news. That, to me, is unbelievably sad and irresponsible. Sorry Jackelyn, but that's the way it is. Next time wait until someone is found guilty of something before smearing their good name and letting the public be the person's judge and jury. As evidenced by many of the comments found here, the public is the last body that should judge our fellow man. Shame on you! You know who you are.
The journalist was doing a job. In light of all the priest and other religious figures who have preyed on children in the past, this would be considered news worthy. Parents, priests, ministers, teachers, and coaches are supposed to be people chilren can trust, but barely a day goes by that someone in a position of trust does not abuse a child in some manner.

From what I have read the members of your church have done most of the posting on this thread, so it would seem you are judging others, whether you side with the family or the Priest. It appears this thread is not helping, but is further dividing your church.

My advise to every one from your church is to stop posting here. Keep your church's business private. You really can't change the poster's minds. Let those who are not members post and say what they want. No one of importance really pays attention to these posts. They are just a bunch of people expressing their opinions, which makes them neither right or wrong. In the long run this thread does not matter.
Church Member

United States

#139 Sep 25, 2007
Another City Heard from,

Father Nikko is a pedophile and always will be. Its not a coincidence he stepped down from the church less than a month before this story broke. He got wind of all this and ran like the coward he is.

As to inheriting a complacent church, that statement is without base. Prior to Father Nikko, our church membership was much higher than it is now. My family founded this church and what Father Nikko has done to our community is shameful. We tried to get rid of him years ago, but no one listened. Sadly, now our church is going to have to pay the price. Shame on all of us for not doing more.
Church Member

United States

#140 Sep 25, 2007
I regret saying my family founded this church. God founded this church and our family along with several others were blessed to be some of the original members
A Member

Jacksonville, FL

#141 Sep 25, 2007
A "founding family member", how quaint! Do not condemn Fr Nikko without looking to yourself. The founding families of the church held back progress. You should be ashamed of yourself. Life would be better without you. Fr Nikko left the church to save it shame, but the Milonas family went after the church anyway. Your statements are ignorant and without proof. Unless you have sinned????
Church Member wrote:
Another City Heard from,
Father Nikko is a pedophile and always will be. Its not a coincidence he stepped down from the church less than a month before this story broke. He got wind of all this and ran like the coward he is.
As to inheriting a complacent church, that statement is without base. Prior to Father Nikko, our church membership was much higher than it is now. My family founded this church and what Father Nikko has done to our community is shameful. We tried to get rid of him years ago, but no one listened. Sadly, now our church is going to have to pay the price. Shame on all of us for not doing more.
2 sides to everything

Yulee, FL

#142 Sep 25, 2007
Larry wrote:
Anybody that takes their children to church should be arrested for child endangerment. What kind of idiots would encourage their kids associate with a Catholic priest? Might as well just feed them to the sharks.
we're orthodox.....shows how much you know
name

United States

#143 Sep 28, 2007
test
Desiree Melnychenko

Elkridge, MD

#144 Sep 29, 2007
Anyone who condones the conduct of this man, who has the audacity to call himself a priest, is sick. For the past ten plus years I have heard every detail of this dreadful situation. My husband and I were stationed in Jacksonville in the 80s and we have remained close friends with the Milonas family since that time. We visit with them nearly every summer and talk frequently. At first, the assistance of Graff was welcome but in a short period of time it became obvious that the attention was unnatural. The Milonas family did not dump Jimmy on the priest. Graff has tried every means possible to divide the family, to buy the loyalty of the child through gifts, and he tried to gain custody of Jimmy more than 10 years ago. I wish I had a recording of the phone conversations that I have had with the Milonas family over the years. It was over nine years ago that they went to Atlanta to seek the help of the Archidiocese, who turned a complete blind eye. Just like the blind eye that the members of the parish who are writing these hateful things appear to have done as well. The Milonas family would do anything for their children and grandchildren and are selfless in their love of their family, and most importantly, in the love of the Lord. The members of the parish should be ashamed to have not rendered support ten years ago. So, all of you who support Graff -- send your sons over for a little sleep over!
What everyone is asking

United States

#145 Oct 2, 2007
Why didn't your "close friends" file criminal charges? If these allegations of "sexual misconduct" are so true, and, at the time, a minor was invovled, then why didn't your "close friends" go to the police? Why is it just a civil case for compensation?
Ellhnida

Heraklion, Greece

#146 Oct 2, 2007
Silent Long Enough wrote:
Please stop this now. I am so embarassed that my fellow church members are calling each other "dumb" and "ignorant piles of pheasant droppings" and whatever else has been said. What does this say about us as a community and as Christians?
I agree...how about all the bickering just end and we pray for ALL parties involved; inevitably God is the ultimate Judge and our opinions and statements are trite and irrelevant in the shadow of His.
GOD

Ocala, FL

#147 Oct 5, 2007
The boy has tried for some years to get where he is today. But could not for a lot of reasons that are not worther even writing. You say you people are church memebers yet lack what church is all about. pray that this boy can live past what YOU the church members did not stop. I have heard that he came to some of you for help and yet you did nothing but stand in the light of your god. And he, your god, has seen your own sin. His family i am sure of has had nothing to do with what the child has come forth with. The boy has done this himself on his own will. And yet you, the church will DO NOTHING like you have always done in hope that this will pass and you can go on. Well i hope it does but remember of what you could have done and the things that have happen. Pray that your god can save you from your sin and that your god can Save you....
hey

Decatur, GA

#148 Oct 5, 2007
Thanks Jimmy
GOD

Ocala, FL

#149 Oct 6, 2007
sorry not him... but we are friends
shocked

Middleburg, FL

#150 Oct 9, 2007
Some of the comments on here from members of this church I feel are creepy to say the least. What ever happened to protecting God's children? As if the young man hasn't suffered enough..... you make his name public and make terrible comments about his family! You keep questioning the young man's motives, however do you really believe that Graff's involvement with this young man was "normal" buying him a car,taking trips,giving money,buying clothes....etc? I suppose you have good reasons for all of that? And it probably includes speaking ill of the young man and his family....CREEPY!!!
Faith

Austin, TX

#151 May 8, 2009
Many of the posts I've read support the priest. I can understand the shock and outrage when someone you care about is accused of something terrible. Responding to that accusation by outing the victims name was wrong and malicious. Have faith in your church and focus on it's teachings. As for the family, only God knows what really happened and I hope the truth comes out.
There is some truth here

Jacksonville, FL

#152 Dec 11, 2013
The innuendo has been around for years (even before this incident) that Father Niko Graff is gay. Personally I don't care what your sexual preference is however in the Greek Orthodox Church (or many churches for that matter) it is frowned upon to say the least. The below posts mentions why was Niko Graff passed up so many times for Bishop??? That point can't be overlooked. I personally have seen Niko Graff with younger men in awkward situations. This doesn't mean he is guilty of anything but a man in his position should know to stay away from situations that bring the Church's reputation into respite. Especially in an age where these cases are so frequent. I can't speak into the allegations as I did not know the young man. But when the news broke it was sad to say many parishioners were not shocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single mom moving to Jax.. are there any assist... (Mar '08) 5 hr fla814 143
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Sat DentalFloss 205
Art n Illusion Hair Salon (Jun '15) Sat Judy W 23
Review: Boty Enterprises (Aug '15) Fri Screwed Over Too 2
trump maybe russia Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 5
News Man Caught Having Sex with a Picnic Table (Mar '08) Aug 24 Ricky F 958
Thinking of moving to McClenny Jul '16 married with chil... 2

Macclenny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages