Saint Augustine, FL

#22 Dec 29, 2009
What a white trash menagerie:

Retarded brothers
Cutter girlfriends
Gunshot son
Court dates
Mental Wards

Could you work in a few pit bulls & some Methamphetamine to really make it a White trash wonderland?
amd

Gainesville, FL

#23 Feb 26, 2010
"No, its not a "disease". These people do this to themselves.
There is nothing you can do to stop it until they want to do something about themselves.
Till then they are just worthless wastes of air.
I dont feel at all for people that are addicts."

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS POST. NOT FOR ALL BUT FOR SOME IT IS A DISEASE. IF YOU ARE IN A SEVERE ACCIDENT THAT CALLS FOR SERIOUS PAIN MEDICATION, TO JUST TO BE ABLE TO WALK,... YOU ARE NOT ASKING TO BECOME ADDICTED, IT JUST HAPPENS. NO ONE GOES OUT AND SAYS I WANT TO BE AN ADDICT. IT CAUSES SHAME TO ME THAT I HAVE TO TAKE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION WITH MY UPPER BODY AND BACK. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE THERE ARE NOT ALOT OF PLACES TO GO TO FOR HELP. I WISH YOU WOULD RECONSIDER YOUR FEELINGS ON ADDICTS THAT DID NOT WISH TO BECOME ONE, BUT ONLY GOT IN THE GRIPS OF ADDICTION DUE TO A SEVERE ACCIDENT NOT THE FAULT OF THEIR OWN. I CANT CHANGE YOUR OPINION BUT I HOPE I GIVE YOU ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW.

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Feb 26, 2010
amd wrote:
"No, its not a "disease". These people do this to themselves.
There is nothing you can do to stop it until they want to do something about themselves.
Till then they are just worthless wastes of air.
I dont feel at all for people that are addicts."
I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS POST. NOT FOR ALL BUT FOR SOME IT IS A DISEASE. IF YOU ARE IN A SEVERE ACCIDENT THAT CALLS FOR SERIOUS PAIN MEDICATION, TO JUST TO BE ABLE TO WALK,... YOU ARE NOT ASKING TO BECOME ADDICTED, IT JUST HAPPENS. NO ONE GOES OUT AND SAYS I WANT TO BE AN ADDICT. IT CAUSES SHAME TO ME THAT I HAVE TO TAKE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION WITH MY UPPER BODY AND BACK. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE THERE ARE NOT ALOT OF PLACES TO GO TO FOR HELP. I WISH YOU WOULD RECONSIDER YOUR FEELINGS ON ADDICTS THAT DID NOT WISH TO BECOME ONE, BUT ONLY GOT IN THE GRIPS OF ADDICTION DUE TO A SEVERE ACCIDENT NOT THE FAULT OF THEIR OWN. I CANT CHANGE YOUR OPINION BUT I HOPE I GIVE YOU ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW.
I believe we were talking about crazy people that are alcoholic or pillheads.

Are you eating all the pills you can get through a prescription, then buying more off the street, washing them down with a case or two of beer a day and passing out face first in your dinner plate?
Are you using friends and relatives and then blaming them for your own drug habit?
Are you hanging out in bad parts of town with shady people or hanging out with people named Cummings or Croslin?
Then after all that just going,
"Oh, poor me, Its not my fault. I have a mental illness!"

If your doing that then no, I don't pity you.

“Right-Wing Nuts Are 1%ers”

Since: Dec 07

Redneckville, Florida

#25 Mar 8, 2010
Joe Durt wrote:
What is the proper way to go about having some one Baker Acted? I hate to use the word friend but I have one that is practically screaming for help and she can't get it. So now that the extreme and bizarre behavior has started again I thought that maybe we could get JSO to Baker Act her. Any suggestions.
Wow, no one deserves it more than the idiot with that Obama picture.

Redneckville, Florida

#26 Mar 8, 2010
Sinister Oculus wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you eating all the pills you can get through a prescription, then buying more off the street, washing them down with a case or two of beer a day and passing out face first in your dinner plate?
Are you using friends and relatives and then blaming them for your own drug habit?
Are you hanging out in bad parts of town with shady people or hanging out with people named Cummings or Croslin?
Right. And tops on your list should be the sociopath Limbaugh, who is so high he can't speak in a normal tone, or say anything truthful.

The addiction begins with an ability to lie to oneself. After that, lying to others becomes like breathing. Any Republican should be familiar with this behavior in themselves.

I'm not a liberal, but I can see how you'd think they're insane, since they point out your lies.

Redneckville, Florida

#27 Mar 8, 2010
Ralph wrote:
What a white trash menagerie:
Retarded brothers
Cutter girlfriends
Gunshot son
Court dates
Mental Wards
Could you work in a few pit bulls & some Methamphetamine to really make it a White trash wonderland?
Awesome post...but you forgot white TRush Limbaugh
justduckyII

Oceanside, NY

#28 Jun 4, 2010
So when is someone going to answer the question " How to Baker Act someone?" No one needs to judge the reasons for it...Just answer the question please. I too need the information. Thank you.

“Pretty in pink”

San Antonio, TX

#29 Jun 5, 2010
This may help in getting you started in the right direction:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4431397_baker-act-som...
Someone

Hollywood, FL

#30 Jul 19, 2010
justduckyII wrote:
So when is someone going to answer the question " How to Baker Act someone?" No one needs to judge the reasons for it...Just answer the question please. I too need the information. Thank you.
I was Baker Acted for hitting a sandle against a door. Also, I didn't have good posture at a wedding, I drank from the sink faucet, and I leave dirty dishes around sometime. Just make something up, and and take it to a hungry doctor.
sailor gurl

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Aug 19, 2010
first of all i know firsthand what it feels like to be helpless and hopeless and even though you have all these friends and family around and even a wonderful spouse you still feel alone i have been there i stopped drinking on my own when i seen that it was one of the things i could control to help my future be better than the past and so i also see a psychiatrist and therapist and marriage and family counseling i also learned alot from being baker acted and the person that helped me was another military spouse and i love her for being my true friend and helping me get the help i so needed and i will do everything in my power to not go down the same road but one thing everybody needs to remeber is that if that person needs help they have to want it because is not they will get nothing from it and wind up back in the same place and hating the wrong people when they should be hating the way that they are-god bless
someone

Kent, WA

#32 Oct 6, 2010
sailor gurl wrote:
first of all i know firsthand what it feels like to be helpless and hopeless and even though you have all these friends and family around and even a wonderful spouse you still feel alone i have been there i stopped drinking on my own when i seen that it was one of the things i could control to help my future be better than the past and so i also see a psychiatrist and therapist and marriage and family counseling i also learned alot from being baker acted and the person that helped me was another military spouse and i love her for being my true friend and helping me get the help i so needed and i will do everything in my power to not go down the same road but one thing everybody needs to remeber is that if that person needs help they have to want it because is not they will get nothing from it and wind up back in the same place and hating the wrong people when they should be hating the way that they are-god bless
I agree, but the people that thought that I needed help in the first place were wrong, and thinking that someone needs help is not enought to subject someone to the tortures of baker act abuse, and all condesending unwanted treatment by complete strangers forcfully offered in trade for health insurance money-treatment that tarneshes an otherwise healthy medical record. Are you a religous person? Some of the people that I was forced to meet in the medical hospital were anti-religous. One woman during a forced discussion group said the sign of the cross with the f-word in it. Those are truly the kind of things that you can learn in such an environment. If you want to learn something fun, try the library.
rista

Alachua, FL

#33 Mar 8, 2011
FreeSample wrote:
Well Podna you remember what we used to tell them down at FSP. When the blood rolls out from under the door and into the hallway we'll get concerned. Tell her silly A$$ to cut if that's what makes her happy.
i'm srry tht's not right i cut and its not something i'd like someone to say about me! it's a hard road it's like when someones addicted to drugs. she's a human who needs help and ur stupid A$$ is being judgmental. if u dont knw anything about self harm look it up!
steven

New London, MN

#34 Apr 10, 2011
my world is crashing around me.. theres only one way out
madashell

Orange Park, FL

#35 Apr 12, 2011
I too know this is an old post. LISTEN people, when the police get involved, LISTEN to what they say. We are going to "baker act" him, which means the person will be there for 3 days "OR" until they see the shrink. I read about the Marchman act and found it to be almost the same. READ CLOSELY! It also says the same.
Chris

Tampa, FL

#38 Jan 2, 2012
You are an uneducated idiot. People have serious problems and try to self medicate. This turns into an addiction and actually changes the way your brain works. There are always two co-occurring illness. Mental illness and drug addiction. Get educate before you should like a predjudice fool with no education and a loud mouth know it all. Grow up.
Sinister Oculus wrote:
<quoted text>

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#39 Jan 2, 2012
Damn, after doing my self paid for collage (no gubberment funding here)I jess guess I donts have a good enough edumasthasion to have my opinion huh?

No, I do not have any feelings for worthless head cases or addicts. I do feel for the few that actually have a retardation.
But those are far between.

I have had the displeasure of seeing people I care about do this shite to themselves and they will drag everyone that cares about them into the hell of their own creation.

No, I dont pity them, they started this, only they can stop it.
Once you "grow up" you will realize this also.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#40 Jan 3, 2012
Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome post...but you forgot white TRush Limbaugh
Slick, I am sorry you are so obsessed with Rush. Maybe you should see a therapist about that.
Suzzy

Yonkers, NY

#41 Feb 6, 2012
I feel sadness for you, "Demon's Eye" (your name speaks volumes about your darkness...guess what? it's not even a little bit cool)

Sux that you have zero compassion for addicts, and reduce these PEOPLE, who are LOVED by their families to a mere waste of air. you think these people wake up every day wanting to feel like crap, hurt their loved ones, and continue to circle the drain? I think not. If they had cancer, diabetes, or wait...schizophrenia! would you feel the same? disease is disease. Mental illness is a disease, addiction goes along with it. They self medicate to ease their pain.

YOU are the one who also needs some help. It's called anger management and try EDUCATING yourself on the subject. It's sad, complex, and it certainly does not come with instructions for the family/friends.

Al-anon a great place to start for you, you ignorant slob
Peace.
Suzzy

Yonkers, NY

#42 Feb 6, 2012
Same goes for you sinister Oculus...really?
YOu guys gotta be from the south
NeuRao

Philadelphia, PA

#43 Jun 9, 2014
Don't listen to DemonsEye. Addiction should absolutely be treated as a disease. There is a genetic propensity to become addicted and long-lasting neurological changes in the brains of addicts. The Baker act and Marchman act was implemented to provide individuals the help they need even if they are too far gone to seek it out themselves. Also consider that there may be underlying reasons why the individual began using in the first place. Therefore, psychotherapy is also a crucial part of recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
in pain 19 hr Hillary LOST 2
JSO Off Duty Working Part Time (Oct '08) May 22 Greg 5
Blacks May 20 Disgusted 1
News Strange & Unusual - Second Grader Stripped Nake... (Feb '07) May 18 Suezanne 255
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) May 16 Nirak 116
News On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall (Oct '07) May 16 PRIME RIB 50
Thinking of moving to McClenny (Jun '16) Jul '16 married with chil... 2

Macclenny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages