Posted in the Macclenny Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Nuff Said!”

Since: May 08

Branford, Fl

#1 Sep 16, 2008
What is the proper way to go about having some one Baker Acted? I hate to use the word friend but I have one that is practically screaming for help and she can't get it. So now that the extreme and bizarre behavior has started again I thought that maybe we could get JSO to Baker Act her. Any suggestions.

Since: Jul 07

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Sep 16, 2008
I know there's a form online...I've been tempted to print it out and leave it threateningly/jokingly on the fridge.

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#3 Sep 16, 2008
approach her FAMILY and see if she is meant to be on any meds and if she has stopped them..

As for baker acting this person this would pretty much be the end of any sort of friendship you have with them.

Since: Jul 07

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Sep 16, 2008
kckt98

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2008
Local law enforcement is usually the most expedient. You can also try Stewart Marchman (not sure of the spelling, but it's the same name as the act for mandatory assignment to a treatment) Center. They deal with mandatory assignment to treatment centers for chemical dependency. You didn't specify if it was chemical dependency related or not.
kckt98

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2008
what on earth wrote:
approach her FAMILY and see if she is meant to be on any meds and if she has stopped them..
As for baker acting this person this would pretty much be the end of any sort of friendship you have with them.
It will provoke anger at first, but usually after treatment, they come back around. It took a relative of mine 10 years, but they're back part of the herd again.

“Nuff Said!”

Since: May 08

Branford, Fl

#7 Sep 16, 2008
We are not exactly friends she just lives next to a friend of mine on the west side off of Lane Ave. I have only spoken to her on about 3 occasions and all 3 times have been difficult experiences. She is out of work and I gave her my number so I could put her in touch with another person about a job. She has called me several times today so drunk she can hardly talk so I blocked her number.

The friend next door says that she spoke to her earlier and she was talking about the satisfaction she gets from cutting herself with a razor. The cut scars on both forearms were the first thing I noticed when I met her. I just think she needs to go somewhere for a while and get dried out. Thanks for the replies.

“"Try Some" ”

Since: Aug 08

Lawtey, Fl

#9 Sep 16, 2008
Well Podna you remember what we used to tell them down at FSP. When the blood rolls out from under the door and into the hallway we'll get concerned. Tell her silly A$$ to cut if that's what makes her happy.
patut

United States

#10 Sep 3, 2009
does anyone know s web sitethat tells a family membe how to start the process of baker acting someone?

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Sep 3, 2009
OMG if you find out let ABM/Slim's family know. Those poor folks.
abm

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#12 Sep 3, 2009
Look at Julianna spewing. I have got you pegged, white trash.

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Sep 3, 2009
abm wrote:
Look at Julianna spewing. I have got you pegged, white trash.
Yep, that's me, white trash because you say so. How's it feel to be black trash? Please do tell the group. No one else here would know but you. Have a great evening.

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville Fl.

#14 Sep 3, 2009
Joe Durt wrote:
We are not exactly friends she just lives next to a friend of mine on the west side off of Lane Ave. I have only spoken to her on about 3 occasions and all 3 times have been difficult experiences. She is out of work and I gave her my number so I could put her in touch with another person about a job. She has called me several times today so drunk she can hardly talk so I blocked her number.
The friend next door says that she spoke to her earlier and she was talking about the satisfaction she gets from cutting herself with a razor. The cut scars on both forearms were the first thing I noticed when I met her. I just think she needs to go somewhere for a while and get dried out. Thanks for the replies.
I know this post is old but...
If shes not a relative or girlfriend why do you care? Stay as far away from the crazy loon as possible. Dont invite crazy, it wont leave.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#15 Sep 3, 2009
DemonsEye wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this post is old but...
If shes not a relative or girlfriend why do you care? Stay as far away from the crazy loon as possible. Dont invite crazy, it wont leave.
i would be more concerned with her calling me drunk after i tried to help her find a job..she obviously is choosing the booze over success and i would be worried she would show up drunk to one of the potential jobs i sent her to and make me look like a fool..as far as the cutting, when it comes to self destruction, you cant really force someone to get help if they dont want it...trust me, i know personally....the best he can do is discuss it with her family and let them take it from there...
reader

Orange Park, FL

#16 Sep 5, 2009
what on earth wrote:
Yes it is true if you baker act them they dis own you for some time, but some times it is a must. Read further for my postings to this situation. Next will be a reply to number 7, and then my own experience with this situation.
reader

Orange Park, FL

#17 Sep 5, 2009
Changed my mind on responding to number 7. Here is my story.
My mother passed away August 2007. at that time she was living with my brother, but he was in the hospital betting his foot worked on . He had a surgery on it several month's before this last one. x-rays showed one of the screws had broke so they had to go back in to fix it.
I was heading out the door to go to my mom for the day as she was old and somewhat helpless. It was my job to try to take care of her. My sister called and rescue had to break into my brother's home to get my mother out who apparently had a heart attack and also one of her intestines had busted. After several days of trying to keep her alive the doctor's said they were going to have to go back in as she was losing blood somewhere, her chances of living through that was only 10%.
I went to the other hospital to get my brother whom by the way is what disability calls legally blind and legally deaf. You could set a bomb off next to him and without the lights of it he would never know he lost more of his hearing from a car accident. I explained to the nurse what was going on with mom and to get a hold of the doctor and give him some medication to keep him calm, valium or something similar. She done so. communicating with him could only be done by writing what you had to say.
Time passed and I began to notice him slipping into a deep depression. Many occasions I tried to go to the pcp with him for he could not explain family history and I wanted to know as his pcp she did not recognize the depression setting in.
he called me twice and told me he was going to kill himself he could no longer live as he was living. I tried to explain some things to him and talk but he had his mind set.
I asked the relay person if she heard everything and if she had to could she confirm, the answer is no they can not. I called several mental health places asking what should I do for he would not listen to me, they instructed me to let the police deal with it.
so on that note I went to his doctor's office and let it be known that IF he killed himself I would be back with an attorney to sue her.
I called the police, they broke into his home, got him out of there and put him on the mental ward at Baptist hospital which is a locked down area. I went to check on him and to try to explain why I done what I done, which was for concern not to just be mean. He told me he wished for me to die, that he was praying for me to die.
I spoke with a social worker and gave her a family background and tried to explain to the best of my ability things I did know about him.
continued;
reader

Orange Park, FL

#18 Sep 5, 2009
Because I had him baker acted, I was the one everyone called for information. They released him after three days, with medication, and a counselor who on a continued effort tried to get me involved and I refused. They did kinda keep me posted.
The counselor, because he was being "non compliant" had him baker acted again and naturally he thought it was me. NOT!
In his mind which he is about 53 with a mentality of a twelve year old to a degree. In his mind he expect medication to work instantly and we all know that is not the case with anti-depressments. Non compliant equaled not taking the medication, not keeping the shrink appointments, so she dismissed him for that reason.
He kept threatening to take his life. he got real nasty with me by way of mail threatening to sue me, so I had to get nasty also that is what he understands is hatefulness.
His plan was to starve himself for 18 days and he would die.
I called his long time friend, who is also a preacher to try to help, and even though being a friend for life, being a preacher that should be his calling in my eyes. he chose to walk away.
continued;
reader

Orange Park, FL

#19 Sep 5, 2009
My youngest son called me one day to go pick up his girlfriend from the hospital for she had been baker acted. They did not keep her for the three days which seems to be the going rate.
I done as my son requested. She came out, hand and arm all bandged up.
I noticed my son had a lot of cuts on his arm from the wrist to the elbow. I asked what is this all about. His excuse was he tried to break up a cat fight. Yeah right I believe that stupid crap.
Next day he had court, she came along with her arm still bound up,(she had claimed she broke it)
I asked what was going on and all I got was a mouth full of lies.
shortly days or weeks maybe my son got shot, when she came to the hospital many hours later we asked who the detective was, she replied with an I don't know and had the name and card of the detective in her hand. My daughter was able to see her arms being all cut up and asked what was up with all that. The girlfriend replied that her and my son done this cutting to relieve stress.
I have no idea what I said to her or what any one said for I was in shock from my son being shot and having to be life flighted to the trauma unit at shands.
Life flight to me equals minutes of life possibly left, so again I was just in shock.
Okay now that I have gone on and on and gave you all some stories, yes, it is possible to baker act someone go through the police if family can not control the person.
EXPECT to be HATED..
Maybe with time, all will heal, and of course with mental help.
You may be the only one willing to stand up for this person. That is your call, so to speak.
Good Luck!
joan

Seaford, DE

#20 Dec 21, 2009
My brother is an alcoholic and has been for many years. He's also on meds for depression/mental illness, He won't answer phones or email..He's been binge drinking for this whole week. His dog is not being cared for, he's driving drunk to get booze and I know this becasuse he's done it for so long. Last yr, he got 90 days for driving drunk. He slammed into a pole at a rest stop, people thought he was sick. Which he is, it is a disease. He will no doubt kill himself or anoter while driving drunk....

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville Fl.

#21 Dec 29, 2009
joan wrote:
My brother is an alcoholic and has been for many years. He's also on meds for depression/mental illness, He won't answer phones or email..He's been binge drinking for this whole week. His dog is not being cared for, he's driving drunk to get booze and I know this becasuse he's done it for so long. Last yr, he got 90 days for driving drunk. He slammed into a pole at a rest stop, people thought he was sick. Which he is, it is a disease. He will no doubt kill himself or anoter while driving drunk....
No, its not a "disease". These people do this to themselves.
There is nothing you can do to stop it until they want to do something about themselves.
Till then they are just worthless wastes of air.

I dont feel at all for people that are addicts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bantu savages jigaabboo at cops murder 3 hr noshellswill 15
Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Jan '08) 14 hr Hamitup8 81
Fool Austrailians let-in the Muzzi-wogs ... 16 hr Toaster 10
The interview 16 hr Toaster 2
Peaceful protest, does it mean damage to business? 17 hr King of wisdom 5
King of wisdom 18 hr King of wisdom 1
Marco Rubio 20 hr King of wisdom 6
Macclenny Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web