Minimum wage raise could cost 500,000...

Minimum wage raise could cost 500,000 jobs

Posted in the Macclenny Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Feb 18, 2014
If anyone wants to abolish the minimum wage.. Then they should also support abolishing government mandates supporting crony capitalism... They should also support taxing american companies triple fold for sending jobs overseas where labor and the cost of living is cheaper then here in the US...

Wake up folks... Your GD government is playing with a stacked deck.. Its time to lock and load in my opinion... No doubt in my mind that many folks are getting tired of eating the table scraps left over from our crony capitalist government..

God bless Tim McVeigh, a true American hero...
----------

"The Congressional Budget Office estimates that gradually raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour would reduce total employment by about 500,000 workers, or 0.3 percent of the workforce."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/money/minimum-wa...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Feb 18, 2014
They should double minimum wage, run half those jobs out of the country then sock the ones still working with double taxes to pay entitlements to the ones not working, lol.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Feb 18, 2014
Richard_ wrote:
They should double minimum wage, run half those jobs out of the country then sock the ones still working with double taxes to pay entitlements to the ones not working, lol.
Where have you been?...They have already ran half the jobs out of the country, without any minimum wage increase at all..

Insurance companies are doing pretty good, guaranteed by law to make a profit, and if they dont, they can always fall back on government bailouts on the tax dime...
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2014
No minimum wage needed: A use-it-here/make-it-here tariffs policy, confiscatory taxes on foreign investment profit and ejection of border-jumping job.thieves will assure the USA and its citizens a vast supply of jobs.

Cosmopolitans will get stuffed in a culture respecting the republic, not an empire.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#5 Feb 19, 2014
Minimum wage should be abolished!
Frankly, I am about done with the no or low skill Americas holding a sign looking for the News Media so they can whine to the America people about how they cannot support there 2 or 3 kids on $8.00 an hour. Let me see you (no or low skill America) decided not to finish high school, decided you needed no marketable skill and have children you could not afford and now you want to skill from me.
Dolander may have it right (in a very delusional way), we have more people going on the government dole, with the big trend now being “Disability”, not working, not contributing to America but taking. America has always been a VERY compassionate Country, maybe too compassionate. It’s just like the Fast food workers who I have seen protesting and whining about their wages. Wonder how close is the likes of McDonald’s and Taco Bell from replacing them with automation, much closer than most know. There is always that government dole which requires NO SKILL at ALL!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#6 Feb 19, 2014
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/07/17/robot...

In recent months, some fast food workers have been staging walkouts, complaining of low pay and a lack of benefits. But a new trend suggests that they may face competition that doesn't care what hours they work, or what they're paid. Fast food chains in Japan, China and Great Britain have begun piloting the use of robots to cook meals. And while robots have been emerging in recent years as a boon for completing menial tasks like dispensing medicines in hospitals, these fast food robots are capable of preparing full sushi rolls or noodle dishes for Asian food outlets. In many cases, customers complete their orders through a touchscreen, which then alerts the robot how to prepare the meal. No humans needed.

This is just the beginning, too. A report by the McKinsey & Company consulting group says that robots will occupy about 1 out of every 8 commercial service jobs by 2025. And for fields like manufacturing, packing, construction and maintenance, the figure is roughly 1 in 4. To reach those numbers, companies will have to invest roughly $1.4 trillion, according to McKinsey.

What will that mean for fast food workers?: In the past year, workers have staged brief walkouts at their jobs in seven U.S. cities, to draw attention to their demand that their wages -- usually close to the federal minimum of $7.25 an hour -- be doubled to $15 an hour. "The saddest thing about this story is that probably 10 years from now robots will replace human beings ... and low-skill workers will have really no place to go!

Except to the democratic plantation to live as they are allowed by government.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Feb 19, 2014
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Minimum wage should be abolished!
Frankly, I am about done with the no or low skill Americas holding a sign looking for the News Media so they can whine to the America people about how they cannot support there 2 or 3 kids on $8.00 an hour. Let me see you (no or low skill America) decided not to finish high school, decided you needed no marketable skill and have children you could not afford and now you want to skill from me.
The minimum wadge worker go way beyond holding a sign and flipping burgers, Mr Logic... Actual the minimum wadge worker is more valuable to our country then our crony capitalist deadbeat congress and president that we have.. Not to mention the government bailouts of to big to fail business that made a lot of CEO's rich for doing a bad job that was started by your man Bush.. And then we have the mandates that guarantees that the wealthy stay wealthy for doing a poor job ... Its called stealing from the poor to give to the rich.... Its like I said.. Our crony capitalist government is playing with a stacked deck...

I took the liberty to list "some" of the jobs that the minimum wadge workers do...
----------
"Certified Nursing Assistant, Child Care Provider, Emergency Medical Technician, Automotive Service Technicians, Income Tax Preparer, Recreational Protective Services"...

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/list-minimum-w...

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#8 Feb 19, 2014
Certified Nursing Assistant

That young woman you hired through a home health care agency to look after your mother may only be making the bare minimum to feed, clothe and bath your loved one. She may be a certified nursing assistant, but following one or two weeks of intensive training, has very little to show for it in the way of a decent salary.
Hey, dolander did you notices the word “MAY” and “with only one or two weeks of intensive training” what marketable skills of valve does this person have to offer. Please note not trying to be critical here just looking at the facts.
Child Care Provider

Again, not being critical what marketable skills of valve does this person have to offer?

Emergency Medical Technician

Your call to 9-1-1 for emergency assistance will result in an ambulance being sent to your home or place of business. Those first responders are given an important task of trying to keep you alive and stable long enough before you can be seen by a physician. Their quick action can save your life, but their starting out pay is often at the lowest legal rate possible.

The median expected salary for a typical Emergency Medical Technician in the United States is $31,411. This basic market pricing report was prepared using our Certified Compensation Professionals' analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies.

http://www1.salary.com/Emergency-Medical-Tech...

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#9 Feb 19, 2014
Dolander, did you read any of these examples or did you mean to support my argument?
Automotive Service Technicians
Automobile mechanics make on average of $37,540 according to data supplied by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, not everyone who works on your car is well compensated especially if they provide more menial services, such as changing your oil or checking the air in your tires at a small business oil change franchise.
“””menial services, such as changing your oil or checking the air””” WOW dolander sounds like a really highly skilled job?????

Income Tax Preparer
Unless you hire a certified public accountant or other accounting professional, the person who is preparing your income taxes may be earning a minimum wage or close to it. Small business tax franchises are staffed by people possessing various skill sets with the Bureau of Labor Statistics data showing that as many as 10 percent of them are making the lowest wages possible.

LOL! I don’t even know where to start with this one dolander.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#10 Feb 19, 2014
Recreational Protective Services

Seasonal lifeguards, ski patrol personnel and other people who watch over us while people are swimming, skiing or taking in other risky amusements, are usually very physically fit and trained as first responders. New workers earn a minimal wage while even the most experienced workers may average just $13.50 per hour.

Really dolander, is this the best you can do. A lifeguard, really?
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Feb 19, 2014
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Hey, dolander did you notices the word “MAY”
I did notice MAY, but there are no guarantees like the wealthy have with government mandates and bailouts...
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Feb 19, 2014
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Dolander, did you read any of these examples or did you mean to support my argument?
Automotive Service Technicians
Automobile mechanics make on average of $37,540 according to data supplied by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, not everyone who works on your car is well compensated especially if they provide more menial services, such as changing your oil or checking the air in your tires at a small business oil change franchise.
Not everyone can change their own oil or check their tire pressure, like the elderly...
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 19, 2014
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Recreational Protective Services
Seasonal lifeguards, ski patrol personnel and other people who watch over us while people are swimming, skiing or taking in other risky amusements, are usually very physically fit and trained as first responders. New workers earn a minimal wage while even the most experienced workers may average just $13.50 per hour.
Really dolander, is this the best you can do. A lifeguard, really?
It was good enough to shoot your argument down.. And dont think I didn't noticed how you dodged the mandates and government bailouts that keep the wealthy wealthy..
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 19, 2014
The fact is Mr Logic is that many minimum wage workers provide services that play in life or death outcome.. Be it at the jiffy lube or the beach or public swimming pool... You are no better them them, as you might think..

They are more valuable then you can comprehend because you cant see beyond the tip of your nose... It take workers of all kind to keep a country running and food in your gut and you and your grand parents and children safe.. Being from stocking food at the grocery store shelf, to keeping your teenage kids or grandparents automobile safe.. And keeping you or your kids from drowning at the beach or a public swimming pool...

You need to get off of that high horse you are sitting on, my friend.. Because in reality you are no better then anyone else no matter what kind of work that they do...

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#15 Feb 20, 2014
King of wisdom wrote:
The fact is Mr Logic is that many minimum wage workers provide services that play in life or death outcome.. Be it at the jiffy lube or the beach or public swimming pool... You are no better them them, as you might think..
They are more valuable then you can comprehend because you cant see beyond the tip of your nose... It take workers of all kind to keep a country running and food in your gut and you and your grand parents and children safe.. Being from stocking food at the grocery store shelf, to keeping your teenage kids or grandparents automobile safe.. And keeping you or your kids from drowning at the beach or a public swimming pool...
You need to get off of that high horse you are sitting on, my friend.. Because in reality you are no better then anyone else no matter what kind of work that they do...
Dolander, I agree with your point that those who perform this quote-n-quote minimum wage jobs are no less important than other jobs however type is not the point of discussion. The discussion is about what each individual has, as a skill to offer, in return for a wage and how many are competing for each job. Next time your beloved pet needs medical attention just take it to the local public swimming pool because based on your statement a trained veterinary “”Is no better”” than the minimum wage worker.

Again, I agree with your overview of how every job is important (well except for some government jobs hehe), we have found common ground there. However, compensation is not determined solely on how important a job is but what skills and knowledge are required as well as the number of people available who can perform.

Just to be clean my friend I did not attempt to dodge you statement about how you believe government makes and keeps people wealthy, you and I cannot find common ground that subject so why rehash it.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Feb 20, 2014
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolander, Next time your beloved pet needs medical attention just take it to the local public swimming pool because based on your statement a trained veterinary “”Is no better”” than the minimum wage worker.
In other words you are saying that a sick dogs life is a more valuable life then that of a drowning child or adult.. You also need to realize that a veterinarians risk of harm to themselves to make a buck is a lot lower then that of a lifeguard..

I have a question for you.. What job do you believe is more valuable to the well being of humanity.. A heart surgeon and his high paid staff, or a plumber and his minimum wage highschool dropout helper?

Be careful with your answer my friend because you could be stuck in some deep sh!t if you get it wrong...
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 20, 2014
Low-skill no-skill American workers ... that's your Randian fantasy and your straw-man argument for pimping slave-wage foreign imports.

For shame ! You know better LIJ ... lots of highly skilled STEM & craft folks, American citizens without jobs .... replaced by H1-Bs and import products. Why can't you simply admit that by scr*wing investors American labor gets a huge wage and opportunity increase?

Well I KNOW why ... you favor the morally corrupt casino-economy investor not the technically proficient entrepreneur! For shame! ROMAN JUSTICE baby ...
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
Minimum wage should be abolished!
Frankly, I am about done with the no or low skill Americas holding a sign looking for the News Media so they can whine to the America people about how they cannot support there 2 or 3 kids on $8.00 an hour. Let me see you (no or low skill America) decided not to finish high school, decided you needed no marketable skill and have children you could not afford and now you want to skill from me.
Dolander may have it right (in a very delusional way), we have more people going on the government dole, with the big trend now being “Disability”, not working, not contributing to America but taking. America has always been a VERY compassionate Country, maybe too compassionate. It’s just like the Fast food workers who I have seen protesting and whining about their wages. Wonder how close is the likes of McDonald’s and Taco Bell from replacing them with automation, much closer than most know. There is always that government dole which requires NO SKILL at ALL!

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#18 Feb 22, 2014
LOL, triple the minimum wage to 30 bucks an hour, the auto worker in Mexico that assembled my VW Jetta made 27 bucks a day...guess what that means?
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Feb 22, 2014
If America renounced empire and 'policing-the-world' in favor of productive local liberty & (re) publican values, then who would protect Israeli Zionists ? Who would protect humble Tibetian monks against ... oh wait we didn't do that, but pimped for wealthy Mandarins & cosmopolitan money-changers.

Oh ... that's YOUR argument not mine ... hummm we appear to agree on something. Not coward McVeigh however, who butchered lambs rather than cut-throating a few wolves before being shot dead.

King of wisdom wrote:
If anyone wants to abolish the minimum wage.. Then they should also support abolishing government mandates supporting crony capitalism... They should also support taxing american companies triple fold for sending jobs overseas where labor and the cost of living is cheaper then here in the US...
Wake up folks... Your GD government is playing with a stacked deck.. Its time to lock and load in my opinion... No doubt in my mind that many folks are getting tired of eating the table scraps left over from our crony capitalist government..
God bless Tim McVeigh, a true American hero...
----------
"The Congressional Budget Office estimates that gradually raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour would reduce total employment by about 500,000 workers, or 0.3 percent of the workforce."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/money/minimum-wa...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#20 Feb 23, 2014
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone can change their own oil or check their tire pressure, like the elderly...
If a motorist can't change their own tire or oil, then they most likely have diminished skills as a motorist and should have their licenses revoked pending the outcome of a DMV administrative hearing based on the results of a practical test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Suspects Arrested in Pharmacy Robbery (Feb '08) 4 hr Justice4jimmy 44
News Sisters of Cherish Perrywinkle removed from mother (Jul '13) 18 hr Mommies of 3 18
Bisexual top men in Jacksonville (May '12) Sun Gut punch 12
Poll When did you first have sex, how was it? (Dec '07) Mar 23 emmy2 90
News On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall (Oct '07) Mar 23 pot pie joe 49
News Strange & Unusual - Misprinted $20 Bill Sells f... (Mar '07) Mar 22 Shawn McGwyer 88
Chronic Pain, Anxiety Meds and Others Mar 21 retired old dude 3

Macclenny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages