UNF study: Duval County jail 'burstin...

UNF study: Duval County jail 'bursting at seams'

Posted in the Macclenny Forum

noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Mar 16, 2012
http://www.news4jax.com/news/UNF-study-Duval-...

Cory can take the **next step**. Throw violent perps "under the bus" in that Utah gulag. Bread + water + 10'x10' barb wire cage. No AC no TV no nothin'!

“Monkey see Caddo do”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Well I actually thought that the food was quite good. Compared to some of the other institutions that I have been in, the food was above par. The anal rape was a little much, but all in all, it was quite an enjoyable stay-

“do as i say not as i do”

Santa Rosa Co Probation office

#3 Aug 17, 2012
Santa Rosa Correction Center is much better.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 17, 2012
I've heard that the Duval County Jail is worse than any and every prison or county jail in Florida and that if you survived Duval you can survive anywhere.

“Monkey see Caddo do”

Location hidden

#5 Aug 18, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
I've heard that the Duval County Jail is worse than any and every prison or county jail in Florida and that if you survived Duval you can survive anywhere.
The bologna sandwiches on white bread are better here at Santa Rosa. Duval's koolaid was a little more watery too.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2012
I think it's stupid people have to write postcards to inmates and not letters.
Kalvin

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Aug 20, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
I think it's stupid people have to write postcards to inmates and not letters.
That's because envelopes can conceal drugs, etc., and they all have to be opened and inspected ahead of time. Guards have better things to do. They still have to read the postcards for messages relating to illeal actiies, escape efforts, etc.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Kalvin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because envelopes can conceal drugs, etc., and they all have to be opened and inspected ahead of time. Guards have better things to do. They still have to read the postcards for messages relating to illeal actiies, escape efforts, etc.
Well all of us on the outside shouldn't be punished for it. Our tax dollars pay them to do a job. Sorry they are too lazy to check envelopes. What makes them anymore special that they shouldn't have to do their job or have a job with less work? They should have to work for their money like the rest of us do.
Sad mom

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Apr 26, 2014
My 19yr old just went into Duval County jail for the first time ever!! He is a HS graduate from a middle class single parent home, but never got into trouble up until this last year. I am worried sick about the comment of the anal rape!! Does that REALLY happen?!?!?! How can he avoid that from happening?? I am trying to get the bail money to get him out and into a rehab. I found out that he was self medicating with pot and Xanax!:-( Any advice to ease my heart and allow him to get out without a lifetime of trauma from this experience would be a blessing and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your comments.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Apr 26, 2014
Sad mom wrote:
My 19yr old just went into Duval County jail for the first time ever!! He is a HS graduate from a middle class single parent home, but never got into trouble up until this last year. I am worried sick about the comment of the anal rape!! Does that REALLY happen?!?!?! How can he avoid that from happening?? I am trying to get the bail money to get him out and into a rehab. I found out that he was self medicating with pot and Xanax!:-( Any advice to ease my heart and allow him to get out without a lifetime of trauma from this experience would be a blessing and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your comments.
It was most likely the Xanax that got his mind off of the right side of of road to walk on.. Regardless of that, he is in the system now and there is nothing you can do about it so stop worrying and give your heart a rest..

No doubt that you are a caring mother, but your child is a grown man now and must except the position he is in on his own.. You never know, he might come out a better man..
Sad mom

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Apr 26, 2014
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
It was most likely the Xanax that got his mind off of the right side of of road to walk on.. Regardless of that, he is in the system now and there is nothing you can do about it so stop worrying and give your heart a rest..
No doubt that you are a caring mother, but your child is a grown man now and must except the position he is in on his own.. You never know, he might come out a better man..
Dear King of Wisdom,

Thank you for your reply. However your unsolicited opinion of which of the drugs would cause my son to take his mind off the "right" side of the road to walk on was not in any way what my comment was a request of.

As for him being a grown man at 19, is physiologically incorrect. Studies have found that by the Age of 21 is when the frontal lobe, the front part of your brain involved in cognition, recognition, and reasoning finally finished development. The brain develops from the back to the front, and therefore is the last to develop. So I deduct that your statement may come from your own lack of development or the choice to partake in activities prior to 21 that may have stunted that full development.

I apologize in advance for my crass reply. All I was wondering was how he can avoid the REAL criminals who are completely desensitized to their core that prey on young men who had made a stupid choice and associated with the likes of other males with stunted growth of their frontal lobes. And furthermore, your Medical background of the two drugs I mentioned must be askew as well. I am certain that the marijuana was his DOC. I have only assumed that Xanax was in the mix because they offer similar sedative like results. I don't use them, have never found any of them on him, in his room or car, but I know that kids abuse them just like marijuana.

Finally, I agree that he must own his own mistakes. I am not disputing that. I am concerned from a standpoint that he is not street smart and has not even been in a fight. That was the origin of my concern regarding the question I asked in my original comment box.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Apr 26, 2014
Too bad about your son, but KOW is correct. Though mental change never stops, adult thought process will be fully developed by age-16 ... in those who develop it at all. The few exceptions don't count -- nobody wants to look-after a 20-yo baby.
Sad mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear King of Wisdom,
Thank you for your reply. However your unsolicited opinion of which of the drugs would cause my son to take his mind off the "right" side of the road to walk on was not in any way what my comment was a request of.
As for him being a grown man at 19, is physiologically incorrect. Studies have found that by the Age of 21 is when the frontal lobe, the front part of your brain involved in cognition, recognition, and reasoning finally finished development. The brain develops from the back to the front, and therefore is the last to develop. So I deduct that your statement may come from your own lack of development or the choice to partake in activities prior to 21 that may have stunted that full development.
I apologize in advance for my crass reply. All I was wondering was how he can avoid the REAL criminals who are completely desensitized to their core that prey on young men who had made a stupid choice and associated with the likes of other males with stunted growth of their frontal lobes. And furthermore, your Medical background of the two drugs I mentioned must be askew as well. I am certain that the marijuana was his DOC. I have only assumed that Xanax was in the mix because they offer similar sedative like results. I don't use them, have never found any of them on him, in his room or car, but I know that kids abuse them just like marijuana.
Finally, I agree that he must own his own mistakes. I am not disputing that. I am concerned from a standpoint that he is not street smart and has not even been in a fight. That was the origin of my concern regarding the question I asked in my original comment box.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Apr 26, 2014
Sad mom wrote:
<quoted text>

As for him being a grown man at 19, is physiologically incorrect. Studies have found that by the Age of 21 is when the frontal lobe, the front part of your brain involved in cognition, recognition, and reasoning finally finished development.
If you believe that medical science knows how the brain works then your frontal lobe is under developed as well.. Even Ted Bundy was a smart man, but he was a cold blooded murderer and rapist as well ..

We all develop differently and thats a fact... Mentally and physically..

When you had your first period, did all the girls your same age bleed at the same time? And what is you son in jail for anyway? What are the charges?..

Being that you are so concerned about your son being cornholed more then anything else, would you be willing to take his place if it came down to that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida - Girls Gone Wild Founder Sentenced For... (Apr '07) 21 hr Panamaed 5
Sugar daddy Sat Lane4233 2
Nasty Celebrations Restaurant FINALLY closed down! Sat Lane4233 1
Anyone have any news/gossip/thoughts about Fort... (Sep '16) Sat Lane4233 4
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) Sat caughtingirlsunde... 72
Chitlin Ice Cream Nov 16 Crazy world 1
black men white women (Aug '11) Nov 14 asians love whites 50

Macclenny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages