Husband Shot to Death in Macclenny

Deputies say a woman shot her husband to death in Baker County as he left for work early Monday morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#102 Mar 8, 2008
unsure wrote:
<quoted text>I saw her the day this happened and she had marks and slash marks all over body and some cuts were in need of stitches.From what she told me she was abused by her husband as were the boys.
yea...she lied...the police have proof that she inflicted the wounds herself..as well as handcuffing and bounding herself...
IRENE HICKORY

Jacksonville, FL

#103 Mar 9, 2008
FromThe South2 wrote:
<quoted text>
She was walking around naked? How else could you see "slash marks all over her body." Even if he had abused her, he wasn't abusing her then, he was going to work. She could have called the police and packed her things and left. Her way, killed him, put her in prison and left the kids without a parent. Think about that if you're unsure.
AGAIN I DID NOT SAY THAT SHE DID NOT PULL THE TRIGGER. I KNEW KEVIN, I KNEW MEL, I KNEW THE CHILDREN...IT DOSEN'T MATTER IF HE WAS BRINGING HER ROSES WHEN SHE SHOT HIM!! THESE THINGS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE...SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER TO MAKE HER SNAP. WHEN THINGS ARE INVOLVED THAT MAKE YOU CRAZY (EVEN GENETICS) YOU CAN'T CONTROL THEM...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO MEL. AS FAR AS CALLING THE POLICE AND LEAVING, MAYBE SHE FELT IT WAS USELESS, THAT THE ONLY WAY OUT WAS BY KILLING HIM. THIS IS NOT A PICK KEVIN'S SIDE OR MEL'S SIDE. THIS IS NOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THE CHILDREN.(ie,death penalty) AUTUMN IS 13 YEARS OLD,....WILL SHE BE A BAD PERSON IF SHE STILL LOVES HER MOTHER AND WANTS TO BE A PART OF HER LIFE?

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#104 Mar 9, 2008
IRENE HICKORY wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN I DID NOT SAY THAT SHE DID NOT PULL THE TRIGGER. I KNEW KEVIN, I KNEW MEL, I KNEW THE CHILDREN...IT DOSEN'T MATTER IF HE WAS BRINGING HER ROSES WHEN SHE SHOT HIM!! THESE THINGS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE...SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER TO MAKE HER SNAP. WHEN THINGS ARE INVOLVED THAT MAKE YOU CRAZY (EVEN GENETICS) YOU CAN'T CONTROL THEM...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO MEL. AS FAR AS CALLING THE POLICE AND LEAVING, MAYBE SHE FELT IT WAS USELESS, THAT THE ONLY WAY OUT WAS BY KILLING HIM. THIS IS NOT A PICK KEVIN'S SIDE OR MEL'S SIDE. THIS IS NOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THE CHILDREN.(ie,death penalty) AUTUMN IS 13 YEARS OLD,....WILL SHE BE A BAD PERSON IF SHE STILL LOVES HER MOTHER AND WANTS TO BE A PART OF HER LIFE?
there are no signs or report of actual abuse. what happened to make her want to kill him was the divorce. starting the week before she MURDERED HIM IN COLD BLOOD she started planning this. she went to a pawn shop and a dun dealer trying to lie to get a gun on the spot without going thru the 3 day waiting period. she also bought all the stuff like the duct tape and rope to make it look like she had been kidnapped...then she told her daughter to lie. face it, shes a cold blooded murderer who thought of no one but herself. she should ride the lightening for this.

“The Wolf is watching You”

Since: Oct 07

Jacksonville, Fl

#105 Mar 9, 2008
IRENE HICKORY wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I have been watching too much Law and Order, and court TV but most people that snap and murder don't try to hide it or cover it up
IRENE HICKORY

Jacksonville, FL

#106 Mar 9, 2008
LoneWolfJax wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I have been watching too much Law and Order, and court TV but most people that snap and murder don't try to hide it or cover it up
By saying "Snapped", she could have done so weeks, months even years ago. It can start with just a seed that grows in your mind and when you become delusional with any sort of mental illness you convince yourself that it's what needs to be done. I beleive that Mel should be punished,and of course she would try to cover it up. After she shot him she could have tried to run, but she didn't; she made up all this crap to try and cover it up. I know mel well enough that she is very inteligent. She would have thought it out more and I don't think she would have shot him, espeicially with her daughter there. I want to know why she did this the day before the divorce was to be final: why she was even on the property: did she not want the divorce? I'm just trying to get some answers other than the fact that she killed Kevin, which has broken my heart.
dustin jackson

Tallahassee, FL

#107 Mar 10, 2008
alexi wrote:
this is tottally uncool, this is right down the street from me, and his son is my friend and i thank you for not releasing his name
thank you for this comment, it's DJ. If you see this come say something to me, thanx
Ambulance chaser

Palm City, FL

#108 Mar 10, 2008
If I canít have him nobody can have him.
IRENE HICKORY

Fernandina Beach, FL

#109 Mar 10, 2008
dustin jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for this comment, it's DJ. If you see this come say something to me, thanx
HI DJ.....:)PROBABLY DON'T REMEMBER ME... LOT'S OF LOVE AND PRAYERS STRAGHT TO YOU AND AUTUMN.
Riddle

Manassas, VA

#110 Mar 12, 2008
unsure wrote:
<quoted text>I saw her the day this happened and she had marks and slash marks all over body and some cuts were in need of stitches.From what she told me she was abused by her husband as were the boys.
You are so full of crap. She was not abused. She shot and killed him then tried to get the kid to back her up. She was a nutcase from the word go.
IRENE HICKORY

Jacksonville, FL

#111 Mar 12, 2008
Riddle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of crap. She was not abused. She shot and killed him then tried to get the kid to back her up. She was a nutcase from the word go.
we all have to keep in mind that a lot of the leaks the media are letting out are not always true. sure she shot him...in cold blood...it was murder...but with the country we live in ..thank god...she will get a trial. let the jury decide hear on earth...god will get his, while she is still on earth or after she dies. i've read the newspapers that say the daughter was asleep , and then when she woke up her dad was dead there with her mother screaming...other reports say she saw the whole thing...we canT be to judgemental. the kids hav to be able to greive for their father and then face a trial for their mother.(god help them) let's see what comes out in court.
Bulldozer4U

Jacksonville, FL

#112 Mar 12, 2008
As a few have said before, people don't always act the same as they do behind closed doors. The person I thought was my "soul mate", and everyone thought was normal and quiet, turned out to be an absolute monster when confronted alone (out of the public eye).
I DO find it curious that the children's friends seem to have heard about abuse by the husband.A coincidence??
IRENE HICKORY

Jacksonville, FL

#113 Mar 13, 2008
Bulldozer4U wrote:
As a few have said before, people don't always act the same as they do behind closed doors. The person I thought was my "soul mate", and everyone thought was normal and quiet, turned out to be an absolute monster when confronted alone (out of the public eye).
I DO find it curious that the children's friends seem to have heard about abuse by the husband.A coincidence??
I agree totally....my ex was the worlds best friend...he would give the shirt off of his back to whoever needed it; but when it came to my needs...i was emotionally and mentally abused for years before it turned to physical violence. Thank God i did not have children involved. And even after I left him he threatend to kill me.
SO AMAZING...the rumors that went around about what a slut i was, and how i had treated him, how I lost such a good man...UGHHHH....the only way he stopped threating me was when my husband stopped him in the middle of a redlight, bout pulled him out and told him we were not going to live in fear so if he had a gun bring it now and get it over with....we would fight back. i knew meloney and still am in such shock by this whole thing...i know she shot him, but it seems to me she is also a danger to herself...the children are the keys to this mystery...that scares me because they are so vulnerable. they can be convinced to say AND believe anything, whether by lawyers or relatives. I just hope and pray the truth will be revealed.
Friend of family

AOL

#114 Mar 13, 2008
FromTheInsideLookingOut wrote:
This is so very sad for those children and all those involved. What was so horrific that she would follow him and shoot him? Had he just beaten her that morning or the night before? Was she just fed up? Was she the abuser?...So many questions left unanswered.
No she was not abused she needed help and had for a long time . Kevin was trying but can't help someone when they won't cooperate . Its truly sad . Thats why they were divorcing . It takes an act of congress to get help for someone who dosen't want help .
IRENE HICKORY

Fernandina Beach, FL

#115 Mar 14, 2008
Friend of family wrote:
<quoted text>No she was not abused she needed help and had for a long time . Kevin was trying but can't help someone when they won't cooperate . Its truly sad . Thats why they were divorcing . It takes an act of congress to get help for someone who dosen't want help .
HOW LONG HAD SHE NEEDED HELP? WHAT KIND OF HELP? THIS HAS REALLY HURT ME, I WOULD LOVE SOME ANSWERS AS TO WHAT WENT WRONG.
a stranger

Nolensville, TN

#116 Mar 19, 2008
I met the womans mother just this morning, she told me the story, she also told me of how they tried and tried to tell people that her daughter was not right, she was having mental problems and was in need of help.
Of course the first thing someone that doesnt know the situation would think is that the woman or even her children were being abused in some horrible fashion. But the fact is, millions of people suffer from untreated mental issues, and in order for her to not only shoot her husband in the back not once, but twice, she did it in front of there child.
How sick is that..?
Friend of family

AOL

#117 Apr 22, 2008
Yes it is a tradgedy. She had a mental evaluation by the courts for the divorce and they said she was ok to be around the kids . So thats why Kevin went back because he couldn't leave the kids there with her because he knew she wasn't ok . I hope the Phsyciatric Dr. sees the error of her decision cause i blame her and the courts. Noone seems to help people with mental issues and then its too late and tradageys like this happen . We need more mental health help for people made easier to obtain.
Friend of family

AOL

#118 Apr 22, 2008
IRENE HICKORY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree totally....my ex was the worlds best friend...he would give the shirt off of his back to whoever needed it; but when it came to my needs...i was emotionally and mentally abused for years before it turned to physical violence. Thank God i did not have children involved. And even after I left him he threatend to kill me.
SO AMAZING...the rumors that went around about what a slut i was, and how i had treated him, how I lost such a good man...UGHHHH....the only way he stopped threating me was when my husband stopped him in the middle of a redlight, bout pulled him out and told him we were not going to live in fear so if he had a gun bring it now and get it over with....we would fight back. i knew meloney and still am in such shock by this whole thing...i know she shot him, but it seems to me she is also a danger to herself...the children are the keys to this mystery...that scares me because they are so vulnerable. they can be convinced to say AND believe anything, whether by lawyers or relatives. I just hope and pray the truth will be revealed.
Believe me I have seen Meloney have a meltdown . And noone is brow beating the kids to say anything against or for her . The kids are having a very hard time over all this they are the ones who will suffer most. Meloney had been becoming more recluse for a long time .Staying up all night,staying in bed a lot,staying in her room. Wasn't cooking or cleaning or taking part in life . We all tried to Get her some help but she swore nothing was wrong with her and refused to talk about it .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iron Order mc Fri greyghost 45
Review: Friend With A Truck Fri chrbermudez 1
Obama.nation calls to congradulate narco.MEX ra... Thu noshellswill 1
Always a Jew Nov 20 noshellswill 1
Removing Obama.nation Nov 20 noshellswill 1
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Nov 20 crossbow 158
Review: Honey-DO Lawn Care LLC Oct '14 cromo 1
Macclenny Dating
Find my Match

Macclenny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Macclenny News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Macclenny

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:34 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:34PM
Complete Preview for Bucs vs. Bears
Bleacher Report10:19 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
Bleacher Report11:53 AM
Lavonte David (Hamstring) Questionable for Sunday
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Bucs' Verner Optimistic About Playing in Week 12
Bleacher Report 1:17 PM
Blake Bortles Reportedly Broke Up with Girlfriend Lindsey Duke