Husband Shot to Death in Macclenny

There are 20 comments on the Mar 3, 2008, First Coast News Jacksonville story titled Husband Shot to Death in Macclenny. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Deputies say a woman shot her husband to death in Baker County as he left for work early Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

chel

Jacksonville, FL

#82 Mar 4, 2008
The only point I was trying to make was that this world is not falling apart because women are now working. In case no one notice I said both men and women have a problem keeping there promises to
marriage. It would be nice if the world could still be like it was years and years ago, when the woman stayed home and the men worked. Unfortunaly everything changes. unfortunally for me my ex husband was faithful so I left him and made a good life for me and our child.
Not Adding Up

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#83 Mar 4, 2008
""unfortunally for me my ex husband was faithful so I left him and made a good life for me and our child. ""

If he was faithfull why did you leave him, for something bigger???
Chelsea Olivia

Macclenny, FL

#84 Mar 4, 2008
alexi wrote:
OMFG! come on ppl,
u out there, the ones who randomly read it and start assuming things, i don't know why melone shot kevin but i know how devastating it is to my two friends, who also happen to be their children, so imagine what its like to lose both of ur parents at the same time, and then idiots like u keep on rambling on, just shut up

I agree completely. I am friends with both of the kids. People, have a heart. Although I don't know WHY she killed him, it doesn't make things any better to make jokes about it. Just for the record, IT'S NOT FUNNY!! People just need to think before they start running their mouths. Unless you know what it's like to lose both of your parents, the amount of grief this family is experiencing is unimaginable. The last thing they need is gossip. Thus, instead of rambling about a situation that you have no conception of, pray for the family. They are going through a horrible experience. Let alone, being friends with the kids. Do you know what it's like, having to worry about not seeing two of your best friends ever again? Keep that in mind.
Desscout

AOL

#85 Mar 4, 2008
I grew up around Kevin. Take your innuendos and go away. His parents are good people and so was he. Kevin was a gentle guy, his biggest failing was his choice in women.
just an opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true... my ex has this community blindsided.. they all think he is an upstanding citizen... well I can tell everyone different, I had to live behind that door with him for many years until I got the courage to get out... he still has everyone fooled but now I dont care, thats their stupidity... as for this issue.. I agree, the whole story is not out so no one knows the whole truth but the kids should be #1 right now... my prayers will be said for them
Greek

Saint Augustine, FL

#86 Mar 4, 2008
JZay61 wrote:
CMR....Can you tell me if this Kevin Jackson who was from Baker County graduating in 1979 from BCHS? <quoted text>
J-Z...this is Mitch. I am pretty sure it is Bear Jackson. This has really got me pretty freaked out.
DuvalCounty

Memphis, TN

#87 Mar 4, 2008
I played with Kevin and Jerry when we were kids. Know the family but did not keep in touch. I came here to try to find some details, maybe make sense of this tragedy. Sure isn't much of substance in this forum - with apologies to those of you have written something other than this silly arguing, childish attempts to be funny, and the always expected buffoon that makes a point that he or she has a right to say anything no matter how much it hurts loved ones to read it. So this is the world of the forum posters, quite a few nuts with nothing much in their lives to occupy them. Again, apologies to the posters who actually made an attempt to say something sensible and sensitive.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#88 Mar 4, 2008
its a real shame this guy had to die because of a nutjob woman..but now the one left to suffer is the child...she will never be right again..she saw her dad gunned down and killed. im not sure if there is enough mental help available for this soul. God bless her and his other family..may God help her somehow find peace in the end.
JZay61

Jacksonville, FL

#89 Mar 5, 2008
Greek wrote:
<quoted text>
J-Z...this is Mitch. I am pretty sure it is Bear Jackson. This has really got me pretty freaked out.
Yep! Unbelieveable when I read it and knew it was Bear. Sad situation for the kids and his family. He was good man. Shoot me an email (john.zayatz@fnis.com)

Location hidden

#90 Mar 5, 2008
seems this man had a lot of lifelong friends and childhood friends who have great memories about him. that speaks well of the man.
chel

Jacksonville, FL

#91 Mar 5, 2008
Not Adding Up wrote:
""unfortunally for me my ex husband was faithful so I left him and made a good life for me and our child. ""
If he was faithfull why did you leave him, for something bigger???
meant to say was unfaithful, not faithful.
Cousin

Fort White, FL

#92 Mar 5, 2008
Warren wrote:
I went to school with Kevin Jackson. Older brother is Jerry. Is anybody out there sure that this is him?
Yes this is the right Kevin.
Cousin

Fort White, FL

#93 Mar 5, 2008
Bulldozer4U wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but I heard he was abusing the boy, too!!!
You can only believe about 1/2 of what the media tells us!!
Well you can believe Kevin WAS NOT abusing anyone. The boy has problems also. Kevin was a very passive person. I have known him his entire life--he has never abused them!!!!!!!!
Cousin

Fort White, FL

#94 Mar 5, 2008
jen6883 wrote:
my sister is friends with the daughter and the son, and she says that the man was abusive to the kids... but i do not know, sometimes kids that age are dramatic and make discipline into abuse...
Your sister is wrong. He was not abusive--the mother was and is!!!
IRENE HICKORY

Jacksonville, FL

#95 Mar 5, 2008
OK..I KNEW MEL A LONG TIME AGO. BEFORE SHE EVEN MET KEVIN SHE HAD A HARD LIFE. I REMEMBER HER TELLING ME THAT KEVIN WAS HER ROCK. HER AND KEVINS DAUGHTER WAS 5 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE WAS THE FLOWER GIRL IN MY WEDDING. KEVIN WAS A SWEET HEART. MEL WAS TOO. FOR REASONS I WILL NOT SAY, WE PARTED OUR FRIENDSHIP ON GOOD TERMS, BUT THERE WERE A LOT OF TEARS BECAUSE WE LOVED ONE ANOTHER. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER IN 8 YEARS. THE PERSON I KNEW (MEL) WOULD NOT KILL SOMEONE IN COLD BLOOD ESPECIALLY WITH HER DAUGHTER THERE. I'M NOT SAYING SHE DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER...BUT WHAT EVER HAS HAPPENED TO MEL OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS OBVIOUSLY CHANGED HER MENTALLY, AND PHYSCIALLY. THE PICS I'M SEEING NOW DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE HER. CAN ANYONE GIVE MEY ANY INSIGHT ON THAT? THERE ARE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THIS FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER. THE LOVED ONES THAT KEVIN HAS LEFT BEHIND, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN, AND YES EVEN MELONEY, ALL NEED PRAYER. TAKING SOMEONES LIFE IS HORRIBLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE......
Justice for Kevin

United States

#96 Mar 7, 2008
Very sad story indeed however, this woman had her "wits" about her and knew right from wrong and sadly left her little girl without her Daddy and she going to jail for the rest of her life.

My prayers to the Jackson Family. God Bless.
just an opinion

Macclenny, FL

#97 Mar 7, 2008
Desscout wrote:
I grew up around Kevin. Take your innuendos and go away. His parents are good people and so was he. Kevin was a gentle guy, his biggest failing was his choice in women.
<quoted text>
Ok.. I met him too, he was a very nice man... I never met her. My comment was simply meant to say that no one knows the whole story and what they each had to deal with.. never meant to imply anything bad about him, sorry if you took it that way. I do know she was a little off and there is no telling what she put this man through... please don't jump to conclusions.

Location hidden

#98 Mar 7, 2008
Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can believe Kevin WAS NOT abusing anyone. The boy has problems also. Kevin was a very passive person. I have known him his entire life--he has never abused them!!!!!!!!
are you kevins cousin? usually when family shows up on here talking about someone who has died they are defending someone that honestly got what they deserved and are a known criminal. in an odd way it is refreshing to actually believe what is said about the victim. everything that has been said by family and friends from years ago this man seemed one helluva guy. it seems the world lost a good man. God bless all of your family and his friends and hopefully justice will be served. the family needs to contact the following organization...especially for the daughter who called 911. they offer wonderful services to victims and their families free of charge. they really are an amazing group. they can possibly get the family put in the direction of some counseling and also a guardian ad litem for the child if she needs it. once again, God bless ya'll.

http://www.justicecoalition.org/
unsure

United States

#99 Mar 8, 2008
IRENE HICKORY wrote:
OK..I KNEW MEL A LONG TIME AGO. BEFORE SHE EVEN MET KEVIN SHE HAD A HARD LIFE. I REMEMBER HER TELLING ME THAT KEVIN WAS HER ROCK. HER AND KEVINS DAUGHTER WAS 5 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE WAS THE FLOWER GIRL IN MY WEDDING. KEVIN WAS A SWEET HEART. MEL WAS TOO. FOR REASONS I WILL NOT SAY, WE PARTED OUR FRIENDSHIP ON GOOD TERMS, BUT THERE WERE A LOT OF TEARS BECAUSE WE LOVED ONE ANOTHER. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER IN 8 YEARS. THE PERSON I KNEW (MEL) WOULD NOT KILL SOMEONE IN COLD BLOOD ESPECIALLY WITH HER DAUGHTER THERE. I'M NOT SAYING SHE DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER...BUT WHAT EVER HAS HAPPENED TO MEL OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS OBVIOUSLY CHANGED HER MENTALLY, AND PHYSCIALLY. THE PICS I'M SEEING NOW DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE HER. CAN ANYONE GIVE MEY ANY INSIGHT ON THAT? THERE ARE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THIS FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER. THE LOVED ONES THAT KEVIN HAS LEFT BEHIND, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN, AND YES EVEN MELONEY, ALL NEED PRAYER. TAKING SOMEONES LIFE IS HORRIBLE. I CAN'T IMAGINE......
I saw her the day this happened and she had marks and slash marks all over body and some cuts were in need of stitches.From what she told me she was abused by her husband as were the boys.

“Dogs are smart”

Since: Feb 08

Jacksonville, FL

#100 Mar 8, 2008
unsure wrote:
<quoted text>I saw her the day this happened and she had marks and slash marks all over body and some cuts were in need of stitches.From what she told me she was abused by her husband as were the boys.
She was walking around naked? How else could you see "slash marks all over her body." Even if he had abused her, he wasn't abusing her then, he was going to work. She could have called the police and packed her things and left. Her way, killed him, put her in prison and left the kids without a parent. Think about that if you're unsure.
Not Adding Up

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#101 Mar 8, 2008
unsure wrote:
<quoted text>I saw her the day this happened and she had marks and slash marks all over body and some cuts were in need of stitches.From what she told me she was abused by her husband as were the boys.
Lets see... humm she also told her daughter to tell the police he shot himself, she lied to the pawn shop owner, she gaged and bounded herself. I guess we can her... get real

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Podiatry Association Of Fl - Mark A Mat... (Feb '10) 9 hr william 11
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) 19 hr ozzy 178
Tyanna on American Idol Apr 23 Nellie 2
News Georgia - Drug Sweeps in Glynn & Brantley Counties (Oct '07) Apr 22 really 6
Is Jacksonville a good place to live for a long... (May '06) Apr 21 deen5230 230
jax tai chi club Apr 18 degwynci 1
News 6-Year-Old Hit During Police Chase (Jul '09) Apr 16 Miangel bardge 19
More from around the web

Macclenny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]