Husband Shot to Death in Macclenny

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

Deputies say a woman shot her husband to death in Baker County as he left for work early Monday morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of117
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Divorce is final now. Sad that people can't find a way to move on in life without resorting to this.
ICW JOHN
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

my kind of woman!

“"Mommies Beautiful Babies!"”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville, FL (for now)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

This is so very sad for those children and all those involved. What was so horrific that she would follow him and shoot him? Had he just beaten her that morning or the night before? Was she just fed up? Was she the abuser?...So many questions left unanswered.
RJO

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

I wonder if she was a Domestic Violence Victim? If they were having it out and he was beating the crap out of her then she was justified in the death.

“Pray daily for a perfect world”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

We will hear the whole story soon enough...right now all the facts haven't been gathred yet. It's still sad... and wrong... to kill someone like that. And its always the kids left behind that have to live with the shame of it. My prayers are with them.
Friend of family

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

The HRS was warned by family members to get the kids out of there befoere something tragic happened. A family member tried to talk to people to get someone to listen that she was delusional and needed help . Noone listens til its too late, what a tragic shame . Friend of family
CMR

Macclenny, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

I have known Kevin for many years and he was such an humble man. Everytime you saw him, he always had a smile on his face and asked how your family was. His entire family have been friends of ours and that man went through hell with her. He did all the cooking, cleaning, errands, etc because she stay piled up in the bed and wouldn't even take care of her own children. Such a sad situation for her to do that, especially in front of her own daughter. Her daughter had to tell police that her mother shot her dad because her mother tried to tell them he killed himself! Kevin was raising her son just like he was his own. Such a sad situation!
the joker

Palatka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

i bet she's a Redneck Woman, she ain't no high class broad. I joke but this is still my worst nightmare, dying on the way to work or at work. What a bad way to go
Ted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

CMR I knew something really sucked about this but had no idea it was that bad.
alexi

Macclenny, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

this is tottally uncool, this is right down the street from me, and his son is my friend and i thank you for not releasing his name
Marco

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

It's about family government people. The husband is supposed to be the provider and the wife the helper. They have to be of the same mind. A house divided will fall. Divorce is the result of marriages that should not have been in the first place. Think about it. Learn from this lesson.

Look back to the days when Dad lived at home and provided for his family. The wife raised the children and helped the husband. Today the wife competes with the husband and many women THINK they can raise children without a hudband. Talk about fantasy and fiction. Our society is broken because the FAMILY is broken.
Ann

Glen Saint Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

She absolutely was NOT a domestic violence victim - she was a sorry mother and he was a great man - maybe you should keep your very stupid comments to yourself instead of throwing out speculations when you don't know anything about either of these people!!!
RJO wrote:
I wonder if she was a Domestic Violence Victim? If they were having it out and he was beating the crap out of her then she was justified in the death.
bobbie

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Marco wrote:
It's about family government people. The husband is supposed to be the provider and the wife the helper. They have to be of the same mind. A house divided will fall. Divorce is the result of marriages that should not have been in the first place. Think about it. Learn from this lesson.
Look back to the days when Dad lived at home and provided for his family. The wife raised the children and helped the husband. Today the wife competes with the husband and many women THINK they can raise children without a hudband. Talk about fantasy and fiction. Our society is broken because the FAMILY is broken.
R u kidding me? If there weren't so many sorry men out there it could still be this way, but unfortunately its not. And come on, unless your a doctor or a lawyer or someone who makes at least 6 figures a year or more it takes 2 incomes these days to make it. I like working and no I dont do it to compete with a man I do it so I can contribute to my family and my self respect. Nothing wrong with a man taking care of women but it always gets thrown back in their face.
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Death is preferable to being married to a shrewish wife. That poor man is free at last.
Logic

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Marco wrote:
There was a time I would have said you are full of it and your concept of a man and woman's role is outdated. But then I asked myself how long has this been outdated? About 40 years ago. 40 years ago the divorce rate was about 4%, now it is 54% in America. Now look at countries who follow tradional marriage roles...less than 1% divorce rates. So you obviously have statistics backing up your assertion.

We tell ourselves it is better for two people to be equal in relationship decision making processes. But is it? If you have to negociate and compromise in everything, you end up with both people getting only half of what they wanted on EVERY decision.

If you accept the concept of roles in a marriage, and both people respect each others roles(very important), then you enjoy the benefit of not having to make half of the decisions and not having the other half that you DO make to be challenged. This seems so much more harmonious than having to duel over every decision in the marriage.....you do your job and I will do mine and we will get along fine, as the saying goes.
friend of daughter

Macclenny, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

im friends with both kids and they are really great. I just cant believe they have to go throuugh with the kids at school and everything, im just glad both of them are safe
JZay61

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

CMR....Can you tell me if this Kevin Jackson who was from Baker County graduating in 1979 from BCHS?
CMR wrote:
I have known Kevin for many years and he was such an humble man. Everytime you saw him, he always had a smile on his face and asked how your family was. His entire family have been friends of ours and that man went through hell with her. He did all the cooking, cleaning, errands, etc because she stay piled up in the bed and wouldn't even take care of her own children. Such a sad situation for her to do that, especially in front of her own daughter. Her daughter had to tell police that her mother shot her dad because her mother tried to tell them he killed himself! Kevin was raising her son just like he was his own. Such a sad situation!
friend of kids

Macclenny, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

we drove by the house on the bus with all the kids looking out all the cars and yellow caution tape and in the yard was the body with the white tape over it. It was a bad sight to see
Marco

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

bobbie, I agree, there are a lot of sorry men out there. Drunkards, drug addicts, perverts, murderers etc..

Logic, excellent point.

BTW it's not my concept. It's God's.
chel

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Marco wrote:
Please, give us a break, that is not why this society is broken. Let's try maybe because so many men and women don't know how to be faitful to their marriage. If the men could keep their zippers up and the women keep their legs closed maybe the family's will stay together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of117
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Macclenny Discussions

Search the Macclenny Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr VET 2,380
State Attorney and Public Defender (Duval Count... (Mar '08) 16 hr Curious 9,930
Obama, GOP lawmakers place blame on Putin 17 hr noshellswill 6
Iron Order mc Sun dawgy47 10
Nude Beaches in Jax (Jul '10) Sat Clarity 29
RepubliFat scum hate on R. Paul Sat noshellswill 1
Local News - Doctor Arrested Again on Drug Charges (Feb '07) Jul 18 misty pennington 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Macclenny Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Macclenny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••