State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Mayhem

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10062 Oct 3, 2013
Sad Day, both offices under question. I wish the voters knew.
Citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#10063 Oct 4, 2013
trouble wrote:
<quoted text>
Spending that campaign cash for his own personal gain isn't conjecture. I'm pretty sure Jessie Jackson Jr. just went to federal prison for that.
I'm pretty sure the facts of each case aren't identical, so one shouldn't expect the exact same outcome.
Ernie

Jacksonville, FL

#10064 Oct 17, 2013
http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.com/news/pr...

Public Defender Matt Shirk exchanged dozens of text messages with a former female employee whom his wife confronted because of inappropriate text messages, according to Shirk’s cellphone records.

Shirk has acknowledged that he exchanged text messages with former employee Tiffany Ice, and has admitted some of those messages were inappropriate, but he hasn’t been willing to go into detail about the messages.

The records provide some detail about the exchanges between Ice and Shirk. The documents show the dates and times a text was sent or received by Shirk.

The heavily redacted documents show that from early May to early June, Shirk exchanged 52 text messages with the phone number belonging to Ice, then the Public Defender’s data-entry operator.

The redactions, which sometimes include an entire day’s worth of exchanges and the dates of those exchanges, were made by Matt Shirk without the input of Rogers Towers Law Firm, which was tapped by Shirk to help the Public Defender’s Office fulfill records requests on a pro-bono basis.

The messages between Shirk and Ice that are visible on the documents were sent on weekdays during typical work hours.

The redacted documents do not show any text messages exchanged between Shirk and the cellphone number belonging to Kayle Chester. Chester is a former legal assistant at the office and former employee of the Whisky River nightclub. She and Shirk were perceived by some in the office to have an unusually close relationship.

Chester, Ice and a third woman who is a friend of Chester’s and also was an employee of Whisky River were all fired in June from the Public Defender’s Office after Shirk’s wife confronted Ice in the office.

The Times-Union asked Matt Shirk and Public Defender’s Office spokesman Matt Bisbee whether Shirk redacted any information from his phone records showing communication with Ice, Chester or any other subordinate.

Neither Shirk nor Bisbee responded. A statement by the office said the redactions “were private, personal communications.”

The content of the messages between Ice and Shirk are unknown.

Shirk has admitted sending his subordinates, including Ice, inappropriate text messages. He wouldn’t go into detail about the nature of the messages but said he sent Ice “funny e-cards.” Michelle Shirk wouldn’t go into detail, but she told the Times-Union the messages were more than just e-cards.

What was contained in those text messages prompted Shirk’s wife to visit the Public Defender’s Office in June and confront Ice about Ice’s relationship with Shirk.

Shortly after Michelle Shirk’s confrontation with Ice, Chester, Ice and the third woman were fired.

Ice’s personnel file shows she was placed on a 30-day improvement plan in November 2012, at the end of her first 90 days, for errors in her work. She was recommended to be retained in January. The personnel file provided to the Times-Union shows no further complaints about her work until June. Ice’s June 25 termination letter said she was fired for continued errors.

Ice’s attorney, Bill Sheppard, had scheduled a “name-clearing hearing” for Ice last week at the Public Defender’s Office. But the hearing was canceled because Sheppard didn’t like the proposed structure of the hearing.

Sheppard instead sent a letter stating that the Public Defender’s Office’s termination for Ice was incorrect and false in several areas. Sheppard wrote that Ice wasn’t written up for any mistakes while at the office.

The letter acknowledges that Ice made some mistakes early in her employment, but it said that’s because Ice received less training than her predecessor.

On Aug. 29, Gov. Rick Scott appointed special prosecutor Bill Cervone to investigate Shirk’s office.
In the Know

New York, NY

#10065 Oct 20, 2013
Let us not forget Shirk's well known acts of infidelity. I wonder if Michelle is aware of the number of times she has been cheated on?
payback is a biatch

Jacksonville, FL

#10066 Oct 21, 2013
In the Know wrote:
Let us not forget Shirk's well known acts of infidelity. I wonder if Michelle is aware of the number of times she has been cheated on?
She should be well aware of his infidelity since he was cheating WITH her on his first wife. Why wouldn't she think that if he cheated WITH her, he might cheat ON her?

He's a spineless twit who let go of some great people who happened to be great defenders and I hope he's buried under this muck and mire for eternity.
In the Know

New York, NY

#10067 Oct 22, 2013
Makes you wonder why he was seen at Logan International in the spring of 2012. He sure gets around.
True

Jacksonville, FL

#10068 Oct 22, 2013
In the Know wrote:
Is having an affair a criminal offense? If so, there isn't enough room in prison to house every guilty person. Probably including you.
Anthony Shirk

United States

#10069 Oct 22, 2013
In the Know wrote:
Makes you wonder why he was seen at Logan International in the spring of 2012. He sure gets around.
Please elaborate. You say you know of acts of infidelity and now saying you've seen him at a Boston airport. Give details rather than hide behind baseless claims.
Parking spot

United States

#10070 Oct 22, 2013
Mayhem wrote:
Sad Day, both offices under question. I wish the voters knew.
I wonder what your thoughts were about A.L.
Kelly since you were fired for parking in his spot? You hate Shirk so much and I know you hated Kelly too. Would be nice to hear your thoughts
Mayhem

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10071 Oct 22, 2013
I had worked for the office three years, never called out sick. I had a month's worth of leave banked up. I was running late on a Friday before a holiday. I was released because I parked in a spot of someone who was off for the holiday. At the time, I was very angry. I also had some family things that came up at the same time. Hind sight, It was the best thing that ever happened. I have moved on. I feel bad for those that work hard in that office and have to explain the actions of others.

I do find it suspect that Suddenly Mr. Kelly feels bad for these three girls. He has been the hatchet man for Mr. Shirk for a while.

I am a strong believer in Karma. I think Mr. Shirk is getting what is owned him.
In the Know

Montclair, NJ

#10072 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony Shirk wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. You say you know of acts of infidelity and now saying you've seen him at a Boston airport. Give details rather than hide behind baseless claims.
I made no mention of seeing him but know somebody who did. Why do you think was he there, "Anthony"?
fred

New York, NY

#10073 Nov 13, 2013
It's awful quiet in here. Hey Matt what's doing?
Rumpole

Jacksonville, FL

#10074 Mar 28, 2014
Chief Judge Donald Moran invited membes of the Jacsonville legal community to make suggestions about things to put in the time capsule dedicated in the lobby of the new County Courthouse yesterday.

The unanimous response?

Angela Corey
Mayhem

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10075 Mar 28, 2014
Rumpole wrote:
Chief Judge Donald Moran invited membes of the Jacsonville legal community to make suggestions about things to put in the time capsule dedicated in the lobby of the new County Courthouse yesterday.
The unanimous response?
Angela Corey

Too funny!! Yes please.
Mayhem

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10076 Mar 28, 2014
I had looking for investigation results for Matt Shirk??
Event Horizan

Jacksonville, FL

#10078 May 15, 2014
True wrote:
<quoted text>
Is having an affair a criminal offense? If so, there isn't enough room in prison to house every guilty person. Probably including you.
As a matter of fact it is.

FL Stat. 798.01&#8195;Living in open adultery.—Whoever lives in an open state of adultery shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. Where either of the parties living in an open state of adultery is married, both parties so living shall be deemed to be guilty of the offense provided for in this section.
History.—s. 1, ch. 1986, 1874; RS 2595; GS 3518; RGS 5406; CGL 7549; s. 772, ch. 71-136.
Curious

Jacksonville, FL

#10079 Jun 14, 2014
Has anyone out there heard if the investigation into Matt is still ongoing or has it just been quietly swept under the rug?
Babaloo

United States

#10080 Jun 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
Has anyone out there heard if the investigation into Matt is still ongoing or has it just been quietly swept under the rug?
I've heard it will be released this summer.
Event Horizan

Jacksonville, FL

#10081 Jun 23, 2014
I heard that Matt not the report (a well spun removal i would think bet) will be released this summer say somewhere around June 30. So maybe we say hello to the new appointed Public Defender Mike Weinstein.
Change

Jacksonville, FL

#10082 Jul 20, 2014
Event Horizan wrote:
I heard that Matt not the report (a well spun removal i would think bet) will be released this summer say somewhere around June 30. So maybe we say hello to the new appointed Public Defender Mike Weinstein.
It would be much nicer that the news is that angela corey is stepping down at the end of the summer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) 1 hr carb1 73
Anheiser Bush Survey 15 hr Roger on the Ale 1
News Florida - Girls Gone Wild Founder Sentenced For... (Apr '07) Sun Panamaed 5
Sugar daddy Sat Lane4233 2
Nasty Celebrations Restaurant FINALLY closed down! Sat Lane4233 1
Anyone have any news/gossip/thoughts about Fort... (Sep '16) Sat Lane4233 4
Chitlin Ice Cream Nov 16 Crazy world 1

Macclenny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages