Zero Tolerance = Zero Intelligence

Posted in the Macclenny Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#1 Aug 28, 2012
School asks deaf preschooler to change his sign language name

Three-and-a-half year old Hunter Spanjer, who is deaf, signs his name by crossing his forefinger and index finger and moving his hand up and down.
To his family, friends and those who know the Signing Exact English (S.E.E.) language that the Grand Island, Neb., boy uses, that gesture uniquely means "Hunter Spanjer."

But to Hunter's school district, it might mean something else. The district claims that it violates a rule that forbids anything in the school that looks like a weapon, reports KOLN-TV.

And Hunter's parents claim that Grand Island Pubic Schools administrators have asked them to change their son's sign language name.
"Anybody that I have talked to thinks this is absolutely ridiculous," Hunter's grandmother Janet Logue told the TV station. "This is not threatening in any way."

Hunter's father Brian Spanjer said, "It's a symbol. It's an actual sign, a registered sign, through S.E.E."
The family told KOLN that lawyers from the National Association of the Deaf may push for Hunter's right to sign his name at the school.

Jack Sheard, Grand Island Public Schools spokesperson told KOLN, "We are working with the parents to come to the best solution we can for the child."

One Grand Island resident said she disagrees with the school.
"I find it very difficult to believe that the sign language that shows his name resembles a gun in any way would even enter a child's mind," Fredda Bartenbach said in the news report.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/school-as...

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#2 Aug 28, 2012
No further comments needed here!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#4 Sep 24, 2013
7th-graders suspended for playing with airsoft gun in own yard

Two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions Tuesday that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus.

WAVY-TV reports that 13-year-old Khalid Caraballo and Aidan Clark will face an additional hearing in January to determine if they will be expelled for "possession, handling and use of a firearm" because the guns were fired at two others playing in Caraballo's yard.

A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his yard and called 911, telling the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard," the station reported.

Khalid claims he never took the toy gun to the designated bus stop or Larkspur Middle School, according to the report. Two other students who fired guns were also suspended.

In a letter obtained by WAVY.com , school principal Matthew Delaney found that the "children were firing pellet guns at each other, and at people near the bus stop." Delaney states in the letter that one child "was only 10 feet from the bus stop, and ran from the shots being fired, but was still hit."

The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report.

Khalid's mother, Solangel Caraballo, said it's ridiculous that her son and his friends were suspended because they were firing the airsoft gun on private property.

"My son is my private property. He does not become the school's property until he goes to the bus stop, gets on the bus, and goes to school," Caraballo told the station.

Khalid told WAVY-TV he thinks the punishment is unfair and may hurt his chances of getting into a good college after graduating from high school.

"It's on your school record. The school said I had possession of a firearm. They aren't going to ask me any questions. They are going to think it was a real gun, and I was trying to hurt someone," he said.

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-beach/has-z...
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Sep 24, 2013
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
7th-graders suspended for playing with airsoft gun in own yard
I agree with the suspension because it was near a buss stop.. What if he shot some kid in the eye walking by his house to the buss stop?

The schools are a public service riding on my tax dime and in my opinion has every right to punish kids for putting others kids at risk of injury trying to go to school.. It could have been a bb gun, Mr Logic.. So is that when you say no??

There are bigger fish to fry out there, my friend..
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Sep 24, 2013
Really, it's a stretch ... hahaha, like turning a bar of salt-water-taffee into a potato-gun(?) or suchlike(?)... gawdsakes how can youngsters learn to blast baby-robins & Bambi if they can't shoot marshmallows at eachother?
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the suspension because it was near a buss stop.. What if he shot some kid in the eye walking by his house to the buss stop?
The schools are a public service riding on my tax dime and in my opinion has every right to punish kids for putting others kids at risk of injury trying to go to school.. It could have been a bb gun, Mr Logic.. So is that when you say no??
There are bigger fish to fry out there, my friend..

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#7 Sep 25, 2013
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the suspension because it was near a buss stop.. What if he shot some kid in the eye walking by his house to the buss stop?
The schools are a public service riding on my tax dime and in my opinion has every right to punish kids for putting others kids at risk of injury trying to go to school.. It could have been a bb gun, Mr Logic.. So is that when you say no??
There are bigger fish to fry out there, my friend..
I am not surprised you agree with the suspension dolander, sense you are a strong supporter of big government. By the way “IF” you want to start the “What IF” game go ahead however it will not end well for you.

Now to your point about schools riding on the public dime that is an issue, especially since the public is being charged for Angus Beef and receiving soiled dog meat. Also do you really want the Government telling you want you can and cannot do on you property or what games you kids play, wait never mind, that’s right you support the government defining everything in your life.

As for bigger fish to Fry, I see the teaching (more like indoctrination) of children that government is great and should control all, not as a fish but a massive shark feeding frenzy!!!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#8 Sep 25, 2013
noshellswill wrote:
Really, it's a stretch ... hahaha, like turning a bar of salt-water-taffee into a potato-gun(?) or suchlike(?)... gawdsakes how can youngsters learn to blast baby-robins & Bambi if they can't shoot marshmallows at eachother?
<quoted text>
Noshellswill, are you suggesting that we have generations of Americas who have been indoctrinated to believe that an inanimate object is to be feared at every turn? Are you suggesting that generations including many in the so called “Greatest Generation” have been so indoctrinated that the Gun is to be feared more than the person behind the gun? It is a truly sad state we now live.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Sep 25, 2013
To quote a famous American ...' let pass no opportunity to scare the yeomanry into a state of passive servitude'. Horrific corruption of free men. In the sense (only) do I understand KOW considering McVey a hero.

I understand HOMELAND SECURITY has hired, armed and trained 250,000 gestapo. Will they rebel... and shoot their officers in-the-back when the time comes?
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Noshellswill, are you suggesting that we have generations of Americas who have been indoctrinated to believe that an inanimate object is to be feared at every turn? Are you suggesting that generations including many in the so called “Greatest Generation” have been so indoctrinated that the Gun is to be feared more than the person behind the gun? It is a truly sad state we now live.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Sep 26, 2013
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised you agree with the suspension dolander, sense you are a strong supporter of big government. By the way “IF” you want to start the “What IF” game go ahead however it will not end well for you.
You are the one for a bigger government Mr Logic because you voted for Bush after he expanded the government with the department of homeland security..

I am for a more efficient government and thats why I support the suspension..

The "what if" games always ends well for me, Mr Logic..

With a little luck, I bet I could put your eye out with a spitball..
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Sep 26, 2013
noshellswill wrote:
To quote a famous American ...' let pass no opportunity to scare the yeomanry into a state of passive servitude'. Horrific corruption of free men. In the sense (only) do I understand KOW considering McVey a hero.
I understand HOMELAND SECURITY has hired, armed and trained 250,000 gestapo. Will they rebel... and shoot their officers in-the-back when the time comes?
<quoted text>
Homeland security is nothing more then a bunch of freeloaders riding on the tax dime. Just like the rest of the government and their corporate counterparts.. Hitler even used the same scare tactics the US government is using today to gain power, control and war.. And the US government would not hesitate to shoot you or your kids in the back if you get in the way..

God bless Tim McVeigh. A true American hero....
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Sep 26, 2013
And I seen the video, Mr Logic.. The way I see it is that kids these days should not be playing with toy guns, they should be learning how to use real guns..

Its not like it was when you and I were kids, my friend.. Kids today can get shot dead by law enforcement or george zimmerman types if they have anything that looks like a gun.. agreed?
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Sep 26, 2013
Agree ... with everything , but the last sentence. Evil Gub'mnt is an all-to-easy excuse for evil thuggery ... which aptly describes McVeys behavior in blowing-up random Gub'mnt workers.

Now ... when the French revolution chopped off Obama.nations ... er my mistake , King Louis & his Antoinette-babe Queens head THAT united action was justice/justified civic duty!
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Homeland security is nothing more then a bunch of freeloaders riding on the tax dime. Just like the rest of the government and their corporate counterparts.. Hitler even used the same scare tactics the US government is using today to gain power, control and war.. And the US government would not hesitate to shoot you or your kids in the back if you get in the way..
God bless Tim McVeigh. A true American hero....
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Sep 26, 2013
noshellswill wrote:
Agree ... with everything , but the last sentence. Evil Gub'mnt is an all-to-easy excuse for evil thuggery ... which aptly describes McVeys behavior in blowing-up random Gub'mnt workers.
Now ... when the French revolution chopped off Obama.nations ... er my mistake , King Louis & his Antoinette-babe Queens head THAT united action was justice/justified civic duty!
<quoted text>
The US has many kings and queens, and you cant get to them without bringing their pawns, bishops and knights down first..
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Sep 26, 2013
Don't you believe it!! Those Kings & Queens will be mightily pleased to see their underlings get trashed while they **float above** the battle.

And those Kings & Queens are mightily pleased when the yeomanry do not first politically unite, but acting alone expose their own positions to be trashed by the latest Gub'mnt weaponry perfected & practiced in Iraq, Syria & Afganland.

It was Eisenhower who observed ...' give me one division to attack and I will lose 30% of the soldiers. Give me 30 divisions and I will loose noone!'
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
The US has many kings and queens, and you cant get to them without bringing their pawns, bishops and knights down first..
Observer

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Sep 27, 2013
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the suspension because it was near a buss stop.. What if he shot some kid in the eye walking by his house to the buss stop?
The schools are a public service riding on my tax dime and in my opinion has every right to punish kids for putting others kids at risk of injury trying to go to school.. It could have been a bb gun, Mr Logic.. So is that when you say no??
There are bigger fish to fry out there, my friend..
The school doesn't have the right to dictate what the child has on private property. As long as it isn't something illegal, authorities can't dictate that either. That is at the parent's discretion.
Observer

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Sep 27, 2013
noshellswill wrote:
Don't you believe it!! Those Kings & Queens will be mightily pleased to see their underlings get trashed while they **float above** the battle.
And those Kings & Queens are mightily pleased when the yeomanry do not first politically unite, but acting alone expose their own positions to be trashed by the latest Gub'mnt weaponry perfected & practiced in Iraq, Syria & Afganland.
It was Eisenhower who observed ...' give me one division to attack and I will lose 30% of the soldiers. Give me 30 divisions and I will loose noone!'
<quoted text>
This country has no formal monarchy but, yes, there is an elitist class and it isn't their kids going off to war to die. They control the masses and flourish over separation.
Observer

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Sep 27, 2013
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Homeland security is nothing more then a bunch of freeloaders riding on the tax dime. Just like the rest of the government and their corporate counterparts.. Hitler even used the same scare tactics the US government is using today to gain power, control and war.. And the US government would not hesitate to shoot you or your kids in the back if you get in the way..
God bless Tim McVeigh. A true American hero....
I agree that Homeland Security is excessive. I would have preferred that the government bolster the existing agencies.

Tim McVeigh had a distorted world view, and punished innocent people. Yes, he was right in that many of our government leaders care nothing for us and they use and abuse the people via their power. McVeigh's "solution" wasn't the answer.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#19 Sep 27, 2013
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one for a bigger government Mr Logic because you voted for Bush after he expanded the government with the department of homeland security..
I am for a more efficient government and thats why I support the suspension..
The "what if" games always ends well for me, Mr Logic..
With a little luck, I bet I could put your eye out with a spitball..
If Bush is your bench mark for bigger government then you have vote twice for MASSIVE government and incredible inefficient government including the Affordable Healthcare Act just to start.

Back to the suspension, the kids where not at the bus stop and where on Private Property, I know you are not a believer in private property but in my opinion that is where I draw a line. If this would have happened at the bus stop then I would have little issue with the suspension however, I would not support the expulsion.

Just FYI, you would need more than luck with the spitball since I wear glasses.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Sep 29, 2013
KOWs position on McVeighs actions is "difficult" to understand.
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Homeland Security is excessive. I would have preferred that the government bolster the existing agencies.
Tim McVeigh had a distorted world view, and punished innocent people. Yes, he was right in that many of our government leaders care nothing for us and they use and abuse the people via their power. McVeigh's "solution" wasn't the answer.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#21 Sep 30, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Homeland Security is excessive. I would have preferred that the government bolster the existing agencies.
Tim McVeigh had a distorted world view, and punished innocent people. Yes, he was right in that many of our government leaders care nothing for us and they use and abuse the people via their power. McVeigh's "solution" wasn't the answer.
More and more there are no Republicans and Democrats just Government. Many others and I have stated that it is foolish to ask the creators of a problem to then solve the problem. More Government is NEVER the answer to a screw up in Government. We can agree that Homeland Security is excessive and was never needed. I would disagree though, that other existing agency just need bolstering.

As for McVeigh I think he just wanted to make a name for himself and kill people, you know go down in history. Just think about the issue he had with Government and what he stated was his reason for killing. His action lead to more of what he was against.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iron Order mc Fri greyghost 45
Review: Friend With A Truck Fri chrbermudez 1
Obama.nation calls to congradulate narco.MEX ra... Thu noshellswill 1
Always a Jew Nov 20 noshellswill 1
Removing Obama.nation Nov 20 noshellswill 1
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Nov 20 crossbow 158
Review: Honey-DO Lawn Care LLC Oct '14 cromo 1
Macclenny Dating
Find my Match

Macclenny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Macclenny News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Macclenny

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:34 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:34PM
Complete Preview for Bucs vs. Bears
Bleacher Report10:19 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
Bleacher Report11:53 AM
Lavonte David (Hamstring) Questionable for Sunday
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Bucs' Verner Optimistic About Playing in Week 12
Bleacher Report 1:17 PM
Blake Bortles Reportedly Broke Up with Girlfriend Lindsey Duke