Naked men in park complaint leads to ...

Naked men in park complaint leads to arrest of four in Fernandina B...

There are 35 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Naked men in park complaint leads to arrest of four in Fernandina B.... In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

The Nassau County Sheriff's Office began an undercover operation on May 29 called "Weekend at Burney's" after receiving numerous complaints about naked men at Burney Park at 95456 Burney Road on Amelia Island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#21 Jun 8, 2010
Reality Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn had'nt heard you running that dick-sucker of yours on topix in awhile, thought maybe you had moved to California. Oh well so much for wishful thinking.
Sorry to disappoint you. I have to stay around and keep you company so you don't miss having someone to call names since that is the childish things in life you thrive on. Is having someone or a group of people to hate a fun thing for you?

Location hidden

#23 Jun 9, 2010
Whole lot of info wrote:
Equalityboy81, the sure is a lot info about you on the web. By googling your Email address equalityboy81@yahoo.com, I was able to find out your name is John Crews from fernindina beach, your alternate email is jrcfbch@yahoo.com, your middle name is reuben, you attended Fernandina Beach High School from 1996-2000, your into prostate massages, your cousin has a DUI, you had your heart broken by a 42 year old man who left you for your best friend, you own a gameboy, you've had boyfriends who work in fastfood, Ect.
Perhaps you should take your web security more seriously???
I don't know anyone by that name. I've seen the name equalityboy81 used before so I've adopted the name.

“The Inevitable”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#24 Jun 9, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone by that name. I've seen the name equalityboy81 used before so I've adopted the name.
Reading that mile long post you have on myspace you would think you didn't like liars either, why are you being one?
Concerned Citizen

Orange Park, FL

#25 Jun 9, 2010
Whole lot of info:

Did it ever occur to you that the people you have mentioned may not be one and the same but friends or relatives or partners with each other?

I'm not an attorney but I would strongly advise against posting information about citizens especially when you don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt if the Topix poster in question is actually the person you have described. People have been known to share email accounts. Putting personally identifying information about citizens is against Topix policy if I'm not mistaken and possibly criminal or civil especially if it were to cause that person to be wrongly targeted or harassed.

Whole lot of info: You appear to be a cyberbullying and stalking these people you mentioned.

I don't know who you are or who these people are but I'm considering reporting you to the police. Equalityboy81 may not be the individual you are describing at all and you may be putting that other person at risk for violence, harassment, etc. It's one thing to research someone but to put names and personal information out there may be crossing a line.

Another thing you haven't considered is this person may not care if people know who he is.

“The Inevitable”

Location hidden

#26 Jun 9, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Whole lot of info:
Did it ever occur to you that the people you have mentioned may not be one and the same but friends or relatives or partners with each other?
I'm not an attorney but I would strongly advise against posting information about citizens especially when you don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt if the Topix poster in question is actually the person you have described. People have been known to share email accounts. Putting personally identifying information about citizens is against Topix policy if I'm not mistaken and possibly criminal or civil especially if it were to cause that person to be wrongly targeted or harassed.
Whole lot of info: You appear to be a cyberbullying and stalking these people you mentioned.
I don't know who you are or who these people are but I'm considering reporting you to the police. Equalityboy81 may not be the individual you are describing at all and you may be putting that other person at risk for violence, harassment, etc. It's one thing to research someone but to put names and personal information out there may be crossing a line.
Another thing you haven't considered is this person may not care if people know who he is.
LOL sounds more like a concerned JRC

Location hidden

#27 Jun 9, 2010
Not adding up wrote:
<quoted text> Reading that mile long post you have on myspace you would think you didn't like liars either, why are you being one?
You may think you know who I am. You are going to believe what you want anyhow. I may know the individual. I may not. Research it since you have nothing better to do with your life. I must strike a nerve if people are willing to research me. Go ahead and do what you want to do. I frankly don't care whether you know who I am or not. I am not ashamed of anything nor do I have anything to hide. Yes I have my opinions but so what. Everyone is entitled to them. You guys act like it's some sort of crime to not have conservative Republican holy roller views. Selecia Jones shows her face on here and so does Travis A. because they have nothing to hide. I may choose to put my face on here one day unlike the trolls on Topix who hide behind the computer screen. So if you find out who I am it's no sweat off my back. Why are you concerned with who I am or am not anyway? If you ever do figure out who I am I would advise you or anyone not to harass or stalk me, my friends, or family in any way or commit any form of violence or criminal activity towards us. I also advise those not to libel, slander, or defame me if you do indeed figure out the person I am. I have no problem getting the court system involved in a case where that may happen. If people want to make friends with me that's fine. As far as the guy that was mentioned that likes prostate massages who cares? There are many straight men who like prostate massages. That guy he mentioned may like prostate massages but I'm not afraid to say I do too. It's natural, they are healthy, and feel good and lower the risks of prostate cancer. I don't have a bunch of hang ups like some people. I don't agree with what those men in the article did either. I may be gay but that doesn't mean I condone what they did. Why are all of you so interested in who I am anyway? Are ya'll obsessed with me or something? Go ahead research me. Have fun! I have a clean record, no convictions. The issue you guys have with me is that you don't agree with my views on things or that I am gay but not agreeing with something does not justify all the bigotry and childish name calling. All I want is to be left alone, not harassed, and have entitlement to my believes. If you want to say hi drop me an e-mail sometime. I've actually met some nice people, made friends with, and dated people from Topix. Topix is a little like social networking. It's not like people's identities on here are a big secret anyway.

Location hidden

#28 Jun 9, 2010
beliefs*

“The Inevitable”

Location hidden

#29 Jun 9, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think you know who I am. You are going to believe what you want anyhow. I may know the individual. I may not. Research it since you have nothing better to do with your life. I must strike a nerve if people are willing to research me. Go ahead and do what you want to do. I frankly don't care whether you know who I am or not. I am not ashamed of anything nor do I have anything to hide. Yes I have my opinions but so what. Everyone is entitled to them. You guys act like it's some sort of crime to not have conservative Republican holy roller views. Selecia Jones shows her face on here and so does Travis A. because they have nothing to hide. I may choose to put my face on here one day unlike the trolls on Topix who hide behind the computer screen. So if you find out who I am it's no sweat off my back. Why are you concerned with who I am or am not anyway? If you ever do figure out who I am I would advise you or anyone not to harass or stalk me, my friends, or family in any way or commit any form of violence or criminal activity towards us. I also advise those not to libel, slander, or defame me if you do indeed figure out the person I am. I have no problem getting the court system involved in a case where that may happen. If people want to make friends with me that's fine. As far as the guy that was mentioned that likes prostate massages who cares? There are many straight men who like prostate massages. That guy he mentioned may like prostate massages but I'm not afraid to say I do too. It's natural, they are healthy, and feel good and lower the risks of prostate cancer. I don't have a bunch of hang ups like some people. I don't agree with what those men in the article did either. I may be gay but that doesn't mean I condone what they did. Why are all of you so interested in who I am anyway? Are ya'll obsessed with me or something? Go ahead research me. Have fun! I have a clean record, no convictions. The issue you guys have with me is that you don't agree with my views on things or that I am gay but not agreeing with something does not justify all the bigotry and childish name calling. All I want is to be left alone, not harassed, and have entitlement to my believes. If you want to say hi drop me an e-mail sometime. I've actually met some nice people, made friends with, and dated people from Topix. Topix is a little like social networking. It's not like people's identities on here are a big secret anyway.
Trust me I have no intentions of stalking you, I donít like gay people and Iím not afraid to say I donít. Just donít spew your agenda and not expect me to spew back.
Iím not the person that exposed you, but it wasnít hard to figure out who it was. You may want to go Atlantic Beach for that one. However I did found out the little troll you are and hiding behind many names which you are so quick to condemn. Youíre no different that anyone else when it come to that.

Location hidden

#30 Jun 9, 2010
Not adding up wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me I have no intentions of stalking you, I donít like gay people and Iím not afraid to say I donít. Just donít spew your agenda and not expect me to spew back.
Iím not the person that exposed you, but it wasnít hard to figure out who it was. You may want to go Atlantic Beach for that one. However I did found out the little troll you are and hiding behind many names which you are so quick to condemn. Youíre no different that anyone else when it come to that.
I only use the name equalityboy81. I have no reason to use a bunch of different screennames. Why is it when you speak out against gays that is not an agenda but when gays stand up for themselves to ensure they are treated equally under the law it's an agenda? You want gays to remain silent and stay in the closet otherwise you consider it an agenda. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me. You aren't civil about your debates. You are quite hateful. I'm sure there have been others with similar views as mine who have different screennames. Sorry I am not all those people. Sorry that equalityboy81 is not the only person that thinks gays should not be treated like crap just because they happen to fall in love with the same gender. I am not alone and outnumbered like you'd like think. I do have allies out there as does the gay community, not only gay allies but straight allies as well. You are quick to condemn me but I've clearly stated that I do not agree with what those men the article is about did whether they are gay, bi, straight, whatever. That person is wasting their time because I frankly don't care whether they know me or not. I don't know what they hope to accomplish. Gays are protected under the federal hate crime law and already have been under Florida law.

Location hidden

#31 Jun 9, 2010
If you know me like you think you do now Not Adding Up you will know that I am a good person and love my family very much. I am a human being. I wish you wouldn't hate me simply because I am gay and want the same rights you have. You claimed in the past to be a Christian. I hope you will be compassionate like Christ and not condemn me. Let God be the judge of gay people. It is not your place to judge them. Being gay does not make me a bad person. I know somewhere you must have a speck of humanity.

Location hidden

#32 Jun 9, 2010
Whole lot of info:

I have also googled the Yahoo e-mail address you stated and the name and person you have described does not show up under that name nor does it give the alternative Yahoo e-mail address that you have posted. You are taking a guess and hoping people will believe it. There is no name for the that Yahoo address. I have checked Google and Yahoo. Think what you want and keep guessing. I do find it kind of creepy for anyone to try to figure out who people are. I believe people like that are sort of psychotic and would wonder why they would do things like that unless they are planning on harming that individual in some way. As a precaution to protect that person I am going to notify the Fernandina Beach Police Department, Nassau County Sheriff's Office, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the FBI, and FDLE just in case something were to happen to that innocent person by a hate crime or other types of crimes/civil violations. It needs to be documented in case that person's life is in danger from the researcher who claims to "know" who the individual is. I've notified Topix about it already because putting personal information about anyone whether they are indeed a poster on here or not is against Topix terms of use.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#33 Feb 5, 2014
The article about Burney Park doesn't specify where these men were located when seen naked. If the complaints were they were seen naked then where? If they were naked in the changing area or the shower room and were not seen doing anything lewd or lascivious then how is that something to complain about? They could have been changing and/or showering after going to the beach or jogging. Even though arrests were made that doesn't necessarily mean that the men who were possibly seen naked possibly in the shower room or changing room were the same people or at fault for anything. There are two sides to every story. People can be entrapped. They could simply be urinating and it is possible a cop could misconstrue something or a homophobic, dirty cop could blatantly lie about something to make an arrest. It has been done before many other places and possibly in Nassau County, Florida. Some articles labeled the defendants as gay prostitutes. Some straight and bisexual men do what the accused were accused of doing. Many of these men that do such things are closeted or married to women. The actions of these men do not represent the lifestyles of the majority of the LGBT (gay) community, especially those who are open about their sexual orientation. Gay people who do nothing wrong or illegal do many times feel more comfortable going to American Beach/Burney Park area because they make other gay friends or meet someone to date. It is a more quiet area where a same sex couple can hold hands or lay out on the beach together without worrying about offending "families" like those that go more to the Peter's Point access. Just because an area has a presence of gay men doesn't mean public sex or crime is going on. It is just an area they like to go like more like black people go there too because it is close to American Beach which is predominately African-American. People shouldn't be labeled, stereotyped, and profiled because of their race or sexual orientation.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#34 Feb 5, 2014
I seriously doubt that the majority of naked men seen were seen outside of the bathhouse. The "numerous complaints" were probably prudes who mistakenly thought it was illegal to change out of a swimsuit or shower naked instead of in a swimsuit. The INDOOR SHOWERS are a place to shower NAKED and get shells, sand, salt, etc. out of the areas that one wouldn't normally be able to by being covered with a swimsuit. It is actually a nice luxury to have (but bring hair/body wash because they no longer give soap dispensers, not even at the sink to wash hands) to change in and out of swimsuits and shower before going home. If they have a problem with people changing or showering then don't go in that area of the building, don't look, and don't shower, and change there if male nudity offends them. Male nudity in environments like this used to not offend others but now everyone is so homophobic and self conscious about their bodies or worried someone will see them nude. People need to grow up and stop worrying about stupid crap. I don't think most people are going to approach them in a sexual manner. Even if someone was gay and liked what they saw most people would not make it obvious.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#35 Feb 5, 2014
People need to read between the lines. News media sometimes words things to get the attention of the reader and doesn't always tell you the whole story but just parts enough to make you wonder what all is going on. Don't you think if men there were really seen naked OUTSIDE of the building that they would have specified that? Of course they would because that would be BIG NEWS. They just said there were nude men and left the rest to the imagination. They were probably nude inside the building and some in there may have been doing nothing illegal.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#36 Feb 6, 2014
People need to realize that sometimes certain news media can leave things completely open to interpretation or they don't have all the facts. It would be a shame if the police only have probable cause from complaints of non-criminal showering nude inside the building and changing or urination in urinal construed as cruising. False or ignorant complaints can bring on harassment by law enforcement of INNOCENT GAY AND STRAIGHT MEN and maybe false arrests, trumped up charges, entrapment, and police brutality, blatant lies from law enforcement to arrest or bait a gay guy, and lawsuits from the victims/accused and bad media attention on them and/or law enforcement. And why is it that when straight couples are getting kinky in public they are told to take it inside but if a gay couple is even accused of it the law wants to make arrests, give it media attention, and pretty much shame them in public as if they are "sex offenders" or "sexual predators"? Are we to believe that straight people never do anything lewd in public? I think not! Why aren't they going on a witch hunt for straights but do gays? Homophobia maybe?! Gay bashing?! Heterosexism! Homonegativity! Heteronormativity! Sexualism! Stereotyping! Labeling! Scapegoating! Demonizing! Dehumanizing! Bigotry! Discrimination! Oppression! I highly suspect that sometimes straight homophobes will leave a condom or dildo lying around the park in order to provoke gay bashing/harassment of gays by the police and investigations by undercover cops. I've seen a condom outside of a package that it was obvious was extended but never even used lying in the sand near a picnic table and a dildo lying near the dunes. If gay people were trying to get away with such things they wouldn't leave evidence behind to draw attention. Just like the pro-gay things spray painted on Chick-Fil-A's in different states were probably not done by gays or straights who are pro-gay but by anti-gay people who in a backlash want to try to make religious bigots look like the victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macclenny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cougar looking Apr 23 Mom 11
April Study (Feb '14) Apr 23 April 8
$65,000 To End Court Scandal in Judge Belvin Pe... (May '11) Apr 22 Gloria 72
why do blacks think white people owe them (Nov '07) Apr 20 Dam 856
David Hyles (Mar '09) Apr 18 dlgrifzard 20
Looking for someone Mar '18 Dknick 1
Thinking of moving to McClenny (Jun '16) Jul '16 married with chil... 2

Macclenny Jobs

Personal Finance

Macclenny Mortgages