Young Girl Ensured Dignity In Death

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 18
It is a police detective's job to solve a crime, make an arrest, and see the arrest through a court of law. Full Story
Queen B

Northbrook, IL

#1 Jun 22, 2007
Obviously this child was taken away for a reason. Then she was given back to a dangerous parent. Right along with them , the system that failed to protect her should be prosecuted as well.
Eve H

Kennesaw, GA

#2 Jun 22, 2007
Who was the Judge that gave the little girl back to a parent, that was essentially a death warrant for the child? Does anyone have a clue for the reason behind the decision?
AJW

Columbus, GA

#3 Jun 22, 2007
Where's the petition we sign to help the grandparents have their granddaughter's body buried properly? The grandparents obviously raised the little girl, the sorry excuse for a mother let a boyfriend kill her - yeah, the mother has a right over her in death...get a clue! The GRANDPARENTS have the right; they're the ones who cared.

Thanks to Det. Cowell & the Mabelton Police for helping how they can. You've truly gone above and beyond the call of duty. Nice to know there are law enforcement officers that haven't let their jobs harden them beyond caring.
John Smith

Suwanee, GA

#4 Jun 22, 2007
Bielka was in jail - reason she didn't attend service - Marrietta police would not LET her attend
Jellikal

United States

#5 Jun 22, 2007
Where can we send donations to the child's fund?

Why don't news article ever give all the information anymore?
judy ervin

Mckinney, TX

#6 Jun 22, 2007
my heart and prayers goes out to the the mother and grandparents as well sure the mother made some bad choices, she should have been more careful when it came to her child/children think about it why did the mother go off and leave her child in the first place? the grandparents should have had all the rights to the child, more than likely the two mother/boyfriend were on drugs and didn't have time to be real parents ,you can bet the mother had her head so far up in that low lifes but she didn't see what a blessing, a joy, an angel she had.all the love,the attention,stubility and most of all a safe heaven, the grandparents provided for her that's what people in family court really need to pay attention too butyou know the lord knows what's best ,they love her but the lord love her more !!!!!contiune to pray for them all
kelly

Dublin, OH

#7 Jun 22, 2007
i feel so sorry for the little girl- and her grandparents, who did so well in raising her, and then lost her to that sad excuse of a mother who let her boyfriend abuse the girl- and eventually kill her. and she wouldnt even let the grandparents have the body and bury their precious girl the way she should have been. and it was obvious the mother wasnt innocent in this at all- she had the child taken from her for a reason, she obviously wasnt nearly as goood a mother she should have been, to say the least. and having a boyfriend who would kill a little girl says even more about her. detective cowell is an angel, and i pray for her and the girl and her grandparents. i hope everyone else does the same. god bless
Diana

Falls Church, VA

#8 Jun 22, 2007
I feel so bad for those loving grandparents, the anguish they must have felt not being able to even find the grave of their granddaughter that died so needlessly. Perhaps when the biological mother goes to jail, the grandparents can petition to have the baby moved near their home.
Caine

United States

#9 Jun 22, 2007
There got to be more to ths story.Did they live in Ga.for the time the child was granted.And why do Detective Paula Cowell is going beyond her job duty.To make this case one sided to the public.
Maria from City Island

Holbrook, NY

#10 Jun 22, 2007
This sad story reappears every now and then with only the names changed...when will these poor children be taken away from her terrible mothers and sleazy boyfriends and be placed in a loving, safe environment. It's a sad commentary in our society that our pets are often treated far better than our children.

My heart goes out to those grandparents.
bielka liz

United States

#11 Jun 23, 2007
yall need to stop talking so much and pay attention. everybody talks that i was a bad mother but i cared deeply for lauren. i did not attend the service because i wass incarserated. they would not allow me. when you walk in my shoes then talk about me. otherewise mind your business.
Servant Queens NY

Forest Hills, NY

#12 Jun 23, 2007
Matthew 7:1 Judge not that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged and with what measure ye mete it shall be measured to you again.
No one has been tried and convicted in this case, there was no mention of the parents using drugs and no mention of a history of abuse by the boyfriend, stop adding your own twists to the story, anyone who asks God for forgiveness shall receive it, we were all born in sin. I guess those of you who are judging are without sin therefore you are casting your stones at people you really know nothing about. I believe the law of the land is that you are innocent until proven guilty, yet you are all holding court in your own living rooms convicting people when you don't even have any concrete proof. Yes my heart goes out to the grandparents but my heart goes out to the mother as well, no one seems to care about what your self righteous comments are doing to her. If you weren't there you don't have the facts if you don't have the facts you cannot judge. Hasn't anyone thought of praying for all involved instead of judging and condeming. One last thing the bible says in Matthew 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. So I say was the detective actions from her heart or a means of getting media attention????
Hoping for Justice

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 19, 2008
We are dealing with a similar situation where the boyfriend has severally beaten a 6 year old and and 4 month old. I do not understand how any human being could EVER do the things that these children have undergone. The mother is mentally sick and under the spell of this monster.... not sure if she is scared or what... but would be curious to hear from Bielka to have a better understanding of someone in this situation. When and how do motherly instincts fade away to the point of destroying children and in this particular case, death. The monsters should be locked away and hopefully beaten for life. We pray that dectective Cowell really is an angel and justice will prevail.
My day in court

Roswell, GA

#14 Jan 13, 2009
Unlike most of the posts, I live in Marietta and have met the detective (Paula Cowell) in person. Also to show a little more intimacy, I am presently dealing with a case where she says she had probable cause of saying that I hurt my children. I WOULD NEVER HURT MY CHILDREN and these claims were made after they were not in my care for three days and I had a house full of witnesses that were around the full time they were with me. Only because of, I can only assume, personal biases because of my gender and or racial background.Her reasons for having me arrested are so blatantly biased and could have and will be easily debunked if she had taken the time to get off the phone and go to places like..maybe...the alleged scene of the crime or put together the simple knowledge that a red bruise is a "new bruise". But, I digress, the worst part is my kids are trapped in a home with the real person that hurt them in the first place..Thanks to the detective stylings of Det. Paula Cowell... I would ask all of you to look deeper into the story of this poor child because when Det. Cowell is on the case probable cause and deep investigations are not on the menu. I agree with Caine, something is being omitted in this case.
Disgusted

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Considering the majority of Marietta is minority, I doubt its because of your race. From the mouths of babes, the truth with be told. If you are innocent, I pray for your release. As for those that are guitly of child abuse and sexual mollestation, may they rott in Hell!
upset

Elmhurst, NY

#16 Oct 30, 2010
please look deeply into the mothers history when it comes to caring for a child, before you judge the boyfriend.
Truthsetusfree

Springfield Gardens, NY

#17 Mar 22, 2012
Was justice really served in this case I think not when the boyfriend was charged and sentenced and the mother walk away with clean hands. Here were are 5 years later and the mother has another child a babyboy and he has recently been removed from her custody.

This woman has some serious mental issues and possibly multiple personalities and needs help. How many innocent babies have to die before those in a postion to do something will wake up and see what is really going on.
concernedmother

Douglasville, GA

#18 May 6, 2012
i have had up close contact with this mother. I have to agree with with previous comment. She most certainly has a lot of problems. I hope and pray that the proper authorities in this last child being taken away they will look very deep into her past actions!!! How many children can this woman have before somebody sees that she is not fit to raise a child. She is really good at working the system she seems to out smart the police everytime!!! I pray that she is stopped soon before we are reading another story of a child dying!!!! Also I pray that Bielka finally sees that she needs help and gets it!!My thoughts and prayers go out to anybody who has had to deal with her!! I know my life will never be the same!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mableton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Is Atlanta So Racist And Backwards? (Apr '12) 1 hr Eric 105
Obama and the muslim brotherhood 5 hr squeezers 9
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats 6 hr serfs up 381
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr tcaud 19,486
In welcoming immigrants, congregations see future 17 hr Curmudgeon 16
Review: Platinum Ecig Store Hiram GA & Vapor Lo... 17 hr Kelly 7
iron order mc, what a joke (May '13) Wed The Waco Kid 11

Mableton News Video

Mableton Dating
Find my Match