Why does Atlanta lack decent black men?

Posted in the Mableton Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Baby Gilr

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 23, 2010
What's going on? Most have a boatload of kids, are playas, are looking to settle down, not educated and just outright vile. The ones who do have it together are married or in a relationship. And why aren't there more professional white men willing to marry black women. Asian women aren't the only thing around for crying out loud!
ATL Girl

Atlanta, GA

#2 Apr 25, 2010
I feel your pain. I think BM have gotten spoiled in Atlanta even though now most women here know to avoid them. I'm not married to a white guy but I have dated plenty here. If thats what you are looking for then you need to go to places that they hang.
Baby Gilr

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Apr 27, 2010
I am def interested in white men who want to date black women, even Asian or other men but I want one doesn't have the philosophy of....I can date one but not marry one. That seems to be apparent when it comes to Asian and white men.

“I hate smart, dumb people ”

Since: Jul 08

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 27, 2010
Because all the women are gay!

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 27, 2010
Baby Gilr wrote:
What's going on? Most have a boatload of kids, are playas, are looking to settle down, not educated and just outright vile. The ones who do have it together are married or in a relationship. And why aren't there more professional white men willing to marry black women. Asian women aren't the only thing around for crying out loud!
Alot of black men are saying the same thing about good black women in Atlanta. Most want to club, only want money, not educated and just skanky as hell. This statement may or may not upset you but it is no defferent from your statement. You are going off what you have seen and for that, i can't blame you. But i'm doing the same.
BabyGilr

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Apr 28, 2010
Marcus51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of black men are saying the same thing about good black women in Atlanta. Most want to club, only want money, not educated and just skanky as hell. This statement may or may not upset you but it is no defferent from your statement. You are going off what you have seen and for that, i can't blame you. But i'm doing the same.
Then where the hell are these so called decent black men who want decent sistas? And if they are not thugs why are they presenting themselves as such. It's not cute

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 28, 2010
BabyGilr wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where the hell are these so called decent black men who want decent sistas? And if they are not thugs why are they presenting themselves as such. It's not cute
Well that is based on what you call presenting yourself like a thug. I agree that the saggin and dreds and golds look dumb as hell.
ontopoftheworld

South Fulton, TN

#9 Apr 28, 2010
I heard most of the men in atlanta are either gay or on the down low....Go to church or to the library, or somewhere where people are doing something...if you are out in the clubs looking for a man you are going to get just what you deserve.....a dog....
Teddy

Saint Cloud, FL

#10 Apr 29, 2010
Sorry you Africian American women are having such a difficult time. I like everyone, but do not beleive in interracial dating. Good luck, you will find someone nice with in your on race!!
BabyGilr

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Apr 29, 2010
ontopoftheworld wrote:
I heard most of the men in atlanta are either gay or on the down low....Go to church or to the library, or somewhere where people are doing something...if you are out in the clubs looking for a man you are going to get just what you deserve.....a dog....
Why does everyone assume when you are looking in the clubs for a decent man. My black friends and I never club and honey only if you knew what was in the church....down low men, open gay men and even playas see the church as a place they can prey on black women.
BabyGilr

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Teddy wrote:
Sorry you Africian American women are having such a difficult time. I like everyone, but do not beleive in interracial dating. Good luck, you will find someone nice with in your on race!!
Thank God you don't represent the majority of the population in the US anymore. Your kind is dying slowly!
champ

Marietta, GA

#13 Apr 29, 2010
After six months of living in Atlanta it has become conclusive that 99% of the black women here are absolutely deplorable in their conduct. They can't even serve a cup of coffee without an attitude. They are vindictive, spiteful, arrogant, petty, malicious.......
No wonder they can't get a decent man. What intelligent man would want a sour woman?
Sweet Gilr

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 30, 2010
champ wrote:
After six months of living in Atlanta it has become conclusive that 99% of the black women here are absolutely deplorable in their conduct. They can't even serve a cup of coffee without an attitude. They are vindictive, spiteful, arrogant, petty, malicious.......
No wonder they can't get a decent man. What intelligent man would want a sour woman?
I've been told I act like an Asian girl yet I still have a difficult time with black guys. I just think blacks in general are messed up these days.

Atlanta, GA

#15 Apr 30, 2010
Sweet Gilr wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told I act like an Asian girl yet I still have a difficult time with black guys. I just think blacks in general are messed up these days.
I think it's just the few you come in contact with. Not all of any race is the same. But that's just my thought.
Shaquya

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 30, 2010
And if you don't believe black men are weak as hell...then listen to rap music and look at the violent crimes. These are examples of weak bytches trying to compensate for their weakness...anytime you try to be overly hard is a sure sign you are a weak bytch.

The real black men died in an era long gone. The real black men lived in the 1950's on down. These were men that fought for themselves and their women, not fought to destroy their women and make themselves look like pathetic bytches and paint their women as hoes. Think of the images that come to mind when you think about white men, East indian men or Asian men...then think of the image that comes to mind when you think of a black man...and it's nobody fault but the black man himself...he seeked to create this image of himself through the whole hip hop culture....and black folks have the nerve to depend that pathetic garbage! Bottom line..black men is weak bytches!
Shaquya

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Apr 30, 2010
that should be "defend that pathetic garbage"

Atlanta, GA

#19 Apr 30, 2010
Shaquya wrote:
And if you don't believe black men are weak as hell...then listen to rap music and look at the violent crimes. These are examples of weak bytches trying to compensate for their weakness...anytime you try to be overly hard is a sure sign you are a weak bytch.
The real black men died in an era long gone. The real black men lived in the 1950's on down. These were men that fought for themselves and their women, not fought to destroy their women and make themselves look like pathetic bytches and paint their women as hoes. Think of the images that come to mind when you think about white men, East indian men or Asian men...then think of the image that comes to mind when you think of a black man...and it's nobody fault but the black man himself...he seeked to create this image of himself through the whole hip hop culture....and black folks have the nerve to depend that pathetic garbage! Bottom line..black men is weak bytches!
Another narrow mind. Look i will agree that rap culture is weak as hell. But not all black men are like that. As for hoes, the women who are in these trashy a$$ videos make that choice. Should i say that all black women have attitudes and only look for money? That would be BS because i know alot of good black women, just not many in ATL lol. And those men from the 50s, also cheated on there wives and had other families. Or would you like to ignore that? Don't be close minded please. And i'm not defending all black men. Just those like me. Good ones!
Chicky

Decatur, GA

#21 Apr 30, 2010
Marcus51 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another narrow mind. Look i will agree that rap culture is weak as hell. But not all black men are like that. As for hoes, the women who are in these trashy a$$ videos make that choice. Should i say that all black women have attitudes and only look for money? That would be BS because i know alot of good black women, just not many in ATL lol. And those men from the 50s, also cheated on there wives and had other families. Or would you like to ignore that? Don't be close minded please. And i'm not defending all black men. Just those like me. Good ones!
My thing is this....why aren't black men stepping up their game? I mean black women are making some serious strides to educate themselves and better themselves then you have black men who just aren't trying. I applaud those that are but it's not enough. And I don't wanna hear about Obama. People throw up Obama all the time but the stats say otherwise about black men. So many are in jail, many abandon their families, all they talk about is their cock size, so many beat and murder each other. I mean where is the pride? One poster made a good point in that when you think of other races of men you have more positive images but when you think of black men you have negative images and I agree, black men are to blame for this. It's not the white man's fault. You make your own bed. As a single, childless, college educated black woman over 30, I've pretty much given up on finding a man. Just when you think you have found one he's trying to play games or has a wife or a girlfriend he's not telling you about. I refuse to reduce myself down to a play thing and black men act like they cannot understand this. I know so many beautiful sistas with great personalities who are childless and single. It has nothing to do with attitude, it's just that the odds are against us. Our men are absolutely useless and it's ashame. It shouldn't be this way, especially when you consider how hard our ancestors fought and the racism they endured. You ever talked to a grandfather that grew up during segregation? Life was difficult and all they could do was dream of opportunities. Now black men have them and are throwing them to the dogs!

Atlanta, GA

#22 May 3, 2010
Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
My thing is this....why aren't black men stepping up their game? I mean black women are making some serious strides to educate themselves and better themselves then you have black men who just aren't trying. I applaud those that are but it's not enough. And I don't wanna hear about Obama. People throw up Obama all the time but the stats say otherwise about black men. So many are in jail, many abandon their families, all they talk about is their cock size, so many beat and murder each other. I mean where is the pride? One poster made a good point in that when you think of other races of men you have more positive images but when you think of black men you have negative images and I agree, black men are to blame for this. It's not the white man's fault. You make your own bed. As a single, childless, college educated black woman over 30, I've pretty much given up on finding a man. Just when you think you have found one he's trying to play games or has a wife or a girlfriend he's not telling you about. I refuse to reduce myself down to a play thing and black men act like they cannot understand this. I know so many beautiful sistas with great personalities who are childless and single. It has nothing to do with attitude, it's just that the odds are against us. Our men are absolutely useless and it's ashame. It shouldn't be this way, especially when you consider how hard our ancestors fought and the racism they endured. You ever talked to a grandfather that grew up during segregation? Life was difficult and all they could do was dream of opportunities. Now black men have them and are throwing them to the dogs!
I agree with most of your post. But i must say two things. One:I've already said that all black men are not like this. I can only respond for myself and others like me. I can't tell you why there are so many sorry a$$ black men because i'm not one of them. Can you tell me why there are so many gold digging black women? No because you aren't one of them.(i don't think) Two: If you have already given up on black men then why even have this convo. Your mind is already made up about all black men. Which is the excuse that many young black men use to act the way they do. No matter how hard you work, or how far you come. When people see you, they still see a young sorry a$$ thug. I go through this every day. I don't sag my pants. I don't have golds in my mouth. And i don't sound like lil Wayne.(LOL) But none of that matters to people. I've been working sense i was 16. Graduated from UTC in 08. Bought my first house when i was 21. But no body will see that when looking at me. But they still think they know who i am. Also, think about all the good black men who become something in life, And when they do, what do they here from there owne people? OREO, SELL OUT, UNCLE TOM and all of the other names. Think about all that when you make your statements!
The Lord is my Savior

Philadelphia, PA

#23 May 3, 2010
Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel you sister and I know what you are saying. Often we are blamed for our plights but can no one see the buffoonery that many black men are engaging in? Black men should be strong and we should have an abundance of men to marry like other races but instead it's slim pickings. I'm 48, never been married and have no children. We must stay strong though. It has been the black woman that has kept the black community afloat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mableton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 1 hr Elmer 25
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Call Me Juan 19,855
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 2 hr bubba 261
Dentist Atlanta: How much do dental implants cost? (Sep '11) 3 hr voiceofreason 41
Curious 3 hr Curious 1
ANOTHER rape in Brookhaven... 4 hr witness 2
Dating in Atlanta 6 hr Dale 3
More from around the web

Mableton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]