Parents Charged in Baby's Murder

There are 54 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Parents Charged in Baby's Murder. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The parents of a 2-month-old baby who died Halloween night in Mableton have now been charged with felony murder in the case, Cobb County police announced Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Unknown

AOL

#43 Nov 14, 2007
My point exactly!!!! They show the police mug shot of photos that make them look guilty. I can see from some comments people do not even know the facts of the case yet they are calling these people monsters. No one knows the facts yet people, don't assume.
Gomer

Decatur, GA

#46 Nov 14, 2007
I hope these two tell the toof, lol, I mean truth.
Unknown

AOL

#47 Nov 14, 2007
Nana wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the DA works for the county and is the prosecutor, don't you. Who wouldn't want him/her to win if this baby was murdered?
I do not know if these people are innocent or not, but I can tell you some basics about the system.
Public denfenders work for the state. People basicly never get found not guilty with a public defender. With a public defender you will do jail time for something (maybe a lesser charge). The only way these people are going to have a chance is to hire an attorney, and that cost money.
Proud wife of a Cop

Atlanta, GA

#50 Nov 14, 2007
Emma darlin', I didn't say anything about color. I said it looked like babies having babies and no where in my post did I say anything about COLOR!!!! Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sure there are a lot of young people out there who are good parents, but these two certainly weren't. I was just making an observation about their age.
Elma wrote:
<quoted text>
It dosen't matter how old someone is to ba a parent. It is how they were raised and how they were taught to treat others. I know young parents & I am one & you don't see me on the yahoo web page for killing my baby. No, my daughter is 11 years old and a wonderful person inside and out. But, that is how my mother(me being the youngest of 10) raised us to be. They are probably uneducated & POOR & their parents are the same way. But being poor dosent mean that you can't ba a good parent either. Quit the crap about their color. Their is no excuse for what they did and if they did do I hope they both burn in HELL!!!
Nana

Athens, AL

#53 Nov 14, 2007
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know if these people are innocent or not, but I can tell you some basics about the system.
Public denfenders work for the state. People basicly never get found not guilty with a public defender. With a public defender you will do jail time for something (maybe a lesser charge). The only way these people are going to have a chance is to hire an attorney, and that cost money.
Who said anything about the Public Defender? If the charges against the couple holds this case will be tried by a DA and possibly be defended by a Public Defender or they can go with a private defense attorney. There's a huge difference between a DA and a PD.
Unknown

AOL

#54 Nov 14, 2007
Nana wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about the Public Defender? If the charges against the couple holds this case will be tried by a DA and possibly be defended by a Public Defender or they can go with a private defense attorney. There's a huge difference between a DA and a PD.
I hope they are innocent. I do not know if they are innocent or not. I also hope they can afford the ten thousand or so it will cost for a private attorney. The adverage person can not just come up with that kind of money. Innocent or Guilty.
If they are appointed a public defender....their goose is cooked.
not surprised

United States

#56 Nov 14, 2007
Just to let you know I believe in innocent until proven guilty- my point is that you automatically say "too quick to arrest black folks" yet you have no proof they didn't do it... apparently they have reason to believe they did it. I am just so sick of hearing that black crap- I could care less if you were purple if you killed a baby you will get the same response from me. My point is they didn't get arrested soley for being black- they had a reason or they would not be arrested. Now that said- if they find definate proof that the child did not die from fault of the parents- by all means I would feel sorry that they had to go through that during a painfull time that I could not imagine...
Please

Marietta, GA

#57 Nov 14, 2007
I see we all have lost site of the reason for the post, or have we talking about the criminals defense,there is no defense for killing a child. with or without an attorney. Pd or Pa. once in general population of prison if her or him will be going some1 will kill them baby killers dont stand a chance once lock up with other life in prison inmates. they have already sealed their fate. be black red green or purple or even orange. they are done!
Unknown

AOL

#58 Nov 14, 2007
not surprised wrote:
Just to let you know I believe in innocent until proven guilty- my point is that you automatically say "too quick to arrest black folks" yet you have no proof they didn't do it... apparently they have reason to believe they did it. I am just so sick of hearing that black crap- I could care less if you were purple if you killed a baby you will get the same response from me. My point is they didn't get arrested soley for being black- they had a reason or they would not be arrested. Now that said- if they find definate proof that the child did not die from fault of the parents- by all means I would feel sorry that they had to go through that during a painfull time that I could not imagine...
That is my point! No one knows the facts of this case yet. The media should have given us a reason as to why they are suspected in the child's death.
I see people here are already ready to say they are guilty. They are reading the same article I read and they know any more than I do. Give these people a chance, they COULD be innocent. This could be a sudden infant death situation.
JMO

United States

#59 Nov 14, 2007
The baby died on Halloween night, and they were not charged until Tues (Nov. 13). Since they were charged with aggravated battery and felony cruelty to children, I believe there must have been evidence that they are responsible for the baby's death - I don't believe for one minute that they would have been charged without evidence of wrongdoing.

The sad truth is that (if they are guilty), then this poor baby would have been better off to have never been born - like so many who live lives of horror and abuse.
not surprised

United States

#60 Nov 14, 2007
I agree that we don't know all of the facts- but I just say that they wouldn't have been arrested and had several charges if the police didn't have a good reason. If they are guilty, lock them up and throw away the key, If they are innocent- my thoughts are with them about the death of their child....
disgusted

Oakland, CA

#62 Nov 14, 2007
I'll never be able to understand how someone can kill a baby / child. You are just not worth walking this earth to do something like that. The worse part is this poor baby never had a chance and the 2 people who were supposed to love and care for it will either walk free or live off of tax payers for the rest of their lives. I personally am all for Capital Punishment...especially when it comes to murdering babies / children.
Unknown

AOL

#63 Nov 14, 2007
disgusted wrote:
I'll never be able to understand how someone can kill a baby / child. You are just not worth walking this earth to do something like that. The worse part is this poor baby never had a chance and the 2 people who were supposed to love and care for it will either walk free or live off of tax payers for the rest of their lives. I personally am all for Capital Punishment...especially when it comes to murdering babies / children.
Yes there is nothing sadder than the death of an innocent baby. But like I said thier innocence or guily has yet to be shown.I did not read all that inforamtion in the article. The article basicly did not say much. That is why I questioned what proof or reason did the police have.
I personally believe people never truly "get away" with their wrong or evil doing. They will be judged on Judgement Day. The guilty will be punished and I trust God's judgement system better than man's.
Confused in Sandy Springs

United States

#64 Nov 14, 2007
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, my bad! I knew when I was typing that something sounded weird. Blogging + no sleep = stupid mistakes...
Adoptive Mom

Douglasville, GA

#65 Nov 14, 2007
Anyone care to guess how many 100's of parents would have loved to have adopted that baby??!?!? Too bad birthparents aren't subjected to all adoptive parents must do to prove they will be fit parents! May this baby rest in peace and may the people who gave birth to him ( for they surely cannot be called Mom or Dad or even parents) sincerely mourn what they did!
Crispy Fried

Glenview, IL

#66 Nov 14, 2007
If their found guilty, we won't be able to generate enough electricity to fry them good enough for me

SICK ...... Period
sids parent

Canton, GA

#67 Nov 14, 2007
I hope these two people rot! We lost our first child to SIDS in 1996, and we were devastated! These two terrible people have been investigated and apparently the police found cause to charge them with murder. In the recent years the state of Ga now investigates ALL baby deaths, SIDS or any reason. This is not a race issue or a poor issue or an area of town issue!!! It is about a couple of sick people that abused their infant to the point it DIED!!! God rest that baby's soul and it is in a better place now.
gatechgirl

Canton, GA

#68 Nov 14, 2007
Adoptive Mom wrote:
Anyone care to guess how many 100's of parents would have loved to have adopted that baby??!?!? Too bad birthparents aren't subjected to all adoptive parents must do to prove they will be fit parents! May this baby rest in peace and may the people who gave birth to him ( for they surely cannot be called Mom or Dad or even parents) sincerely mourn what they did!
I agree with you!
Unknown

AOL

#69 Nov 14, 2007
Confused in Sandy Springs wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, my bad! I knew when I was typing that something sounded weird. Blogging + no sleep = stupid mistakes...
What are you trying to say? I wrote that not you.
Oops, my bad! You are just trying to be funny! hahahahaa :o)
backwoods

Norridgewock, ME

#70 Nov 14, 2007
not surprised wrote:
I would also like to include that I am 21 years old and I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I have a job, the kids have a house, clothing, food, toys, whatever they need. The problem here is not age- it is maturity. There are some young people that make bad decisions (like myself) but live with them and step up and be an adult and a parent. I know that I was too young to have a child, but I did not kill it, drop it off at my parent's house or a DFCS office, I took responsibility. So the fact that they are young isn't the issue- it is that they either didn't care, or didn't want the responsibility or whatever their problem was that this was the choice they made. I believe that they are the bottom of the barrel scum if they could kill a baby, and they need to have whatever punishment they get because they definately deserve it. But please do not group all young people that have children in the same group as these idiots.
I respect you alot this day and age. If you bite it off then chew it.'God Bless' you and your family. Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mableton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 29 min Chuck 19,925
removal of silicone from body (Mar '14) 1 hr second chance 362
Unmasking Steven Trustrum: the truth about his ... 1 hr coloring 5
Why are Sexy Rich White women, leaving White M... (Jan '12) 4 hr Bill Gorten 507
Augusta Georgia sucks more than Atlanta!!!! 8 hr u need more meds 3
News Weekend Arts Agenda: 'Ship of Fools' sails into... 10 hr Voightinburg 2
Movie production company mulls move to Austell 23 hr General Robert E Lee 2
More from around the web

Mableton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]