Parents Charged in Baby's Murder

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 54
The parents of a 2-month-old baby who died Halloween night in Mableton have now been charged with felony murder in the case, Cobb County police announced Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta (Peachtree City)

#1 Nov 14, 2007
Kinda weird that they make an arrest before they determine the cause of death, or so I think.

If they are guilty, they gotta go down.

On a lighter note if there can be on in this case my first reaction was "which is the boy and which is the girl".
Khaki

Atlanta, GA

#4 Nov 14, 2007
Angry Black Man wrote:
On a lighter note if there can be on in this case my first reaction was "which is the boy and which is the girl".
I am glad to know I wasn't the only one with that reaction.
Jimbo

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2007
Evidently there was enough physical evidence to charge them with felony murder. They probably said enough to implicate themselves as well. An autopsy will be required to pinpoint the specific cause of death-- asphyxiation, blunt trauma to the head, shaken-baby syndrome, etc. That's why they've charged them in absence of a exact cause of death.

A couple of real winners. Maybe folks should have to pass a test before they procreate...
07 Jeeper

United States

#6 Nov 14, 2007
Which one is the dad???
Reggie

Atlanta, GA

#7 Nov 14, 2007
I agree that it's crazy you get charged with murder before determining how the baby died. Guess we'll wait and see.
Proud Wife of a Cop

Atlanta, GA

#8 Nov 14, 2007
You said it perfectly. Looks like babies having babies if you ask me.
Angry Black Man wrote:
Kinda weird that they make an arrest before they determine the cause of death, or so I think.
If they are guilty, they gotta go down.
Nana

Athens, AL

#12 Nov 14, 2007
The investigators always know much more than they report in the beginning. I'm sure they have enough for the charges to fit the crime. I hope the punishment also fits the crime(s).Bless the heart of that poor innocent baby.

I agree on the who's who. I think the one on the left, if that is indeed the female, looks a lot older than him!
Decatur 404

Edgewood, MD

#23 Nov 14, 2007
To peoople who always talk about their tax dollars. If you add up how much you pay in taxes each pay day and all the things we pay taxes for, how many people do you actually think you "take care of?" Say you pay 10,000 dollars in taxes a yr. Ok, now say there are 1 million people on welfare and more being added every day, for numerous reasons may I add. How much do you actually think you yourself are contributing? Don't forget about Star Wars, the wars we are fighting in two different countries, dont forget the people in prison, what about the upkeep of the space shuttle, I could go on. When you think about it you may pay what you think is alot in taxes but there are so many more things the money is used for. So stop thinking you take care of every person on welfare, or you pay every law enforcement officers salary cause in retrospect you probably don't make enough to pay anyone's salary or for that matter feed everybody on welfare.
Andy UGA

Decatur, GA

#26 Nov 14, 2007
I am happy these two were arrested so the child's life can be an accounting for a missing life.
mish

Jefferson, GA

#29 Nov 14, 2007
DOULASVILLE wrote:
I agree with Jimbo...we should control who is able to have kids and who cannot....oh well..the baby is in a better place and that is one less mouth my tax dollars will have to feed.
no now your tax dollars pay for two more individuals to sleep, eat, and shit in peace. which is more than what others have out working hard long hours.

if they arrested them for murder, im sure there is great reasoning; besides the fact that theyre black or gender confused. here.

a journalist doesnt convey every detail, simply their version.

21 or 22 years of age isnt a baby to be having children.
youve got elementry children hosting rainbow parties at your local schools if youd research it.

this is simply another couple of sick bastards who murdered their children because responsiblity and parenting is infact a great cost.

on any account...
i believe its sick and theres much more that could be said for this type of situation.
sandra Cruz

Atlanta, GA

#30 Nov 14, 2007
If they are guilty THEY SHOULD BE PUNISH! no matter what! GOD Bless this baby.
not surprised

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2007
I would also like to include that I am 21 years old and I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I have a job, the kids have a house, clothing, food, toys, whatever they need. The problem here is not age- it is maturity. There are some young people that make bad decisions (like myself) but live with them and step up and be an adult and a parent. I know that I was too young to have a child, but I did not kill it, drop it off at my parent's house or a DFCS office, I took responsibility. So the fact that they are young isn't the issue- it is that they either didn't care, or didn't want the responsibility or whatever their problem was that this was the choice they made. I believe that they are the bottom of the barrel scum if they could kill a baby, and they need to have whatever punishment they get because they definately deserve it. But please do not group all young people that have children in the same group as these idiots.
Elma

Jefferson, GA

#33 Nov 14, 2007
Proud Wife of a Cop wrote:
You said it perfectly. Looks like babies having babies if you ask me.
<quoted text>
It dosen't matter how old someone is to ba a parent. It is how they were raised and how they were taught to treat others. I know young parents & I am one & you don't see me on the yahoo web page for killing my baby. No, my daughter is 11 years old and a wonderful person inside and out. But, that is how my mother(me being the youngest of 10) raised us to be. They are probably uneducated & POOR & their parents are the same way. But being poor dosent mean that you can't ba a good parent either. Quit the crap about their color. Their is no excuse for what they did and if they did do I hope they both burn in HELL!!!

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta (Peachtree City)

#34 Nov 14, 2007
mish wrote:
<quoted text>
no now your tax dollars pay for two more individuals to sleep, eat, and shit in peace. which is more than what others have out working hard long hours.
Wow. I missed that one. What a monumental point!!!!
Unknown

AOL

#36 Nov 14, 2007
I am not using a "it's because they are Black excuse". It has been documented by the authorities that Blacks are arrested at a much higher rate than Whites. All I am saying is at least state some facts as to why they were arrested and it is believed the baby was murdered. Do not put people through Hell after their baby died and do not at least give a one reason that there might be abuse involved. By reading some of your comments, this is NOT a laughing matter. A baby is dead, do not joke about this. It is in bad taste to do that and with the Karma of the Universe , all the wrongs you do will come back to you. Don't make jokes folks, I do not think this is funny!
Unknown

AOL

#37 Nov 14, 2007
Some of you have a blind faith in the justice system. An innocent person CAN be accused of a crime and that person will have to fight like Hell against the system. If you do not have money for lawyers...your goose is cooked. You can be as innocent as the day you were born, it will not matter. Once the system has you, the system has you.
Confused in Sandy Springs

United States

#39 Nov 14, 2007
These two are obviously evil. I don't think race plays into this one. They're not being picked on for being black. They freakin killed someone; no if, and,or buts about it. Also, it's not because they are black or young or on welfare that they did this. I've known people to be young or poor, or both, and they were still upstanding, tax-paying individuals.

The people who committed this crime did so because they are monsters, point blank.

I have no sympathy for them and will not accept it if they argue that poverty or stress or whatever made them commit this crime. I know some DA will pick up their case and obviously try to win it. I know it's their job, but I always wonder how they can sleep at night after a case like this one.
Unknown

AOL

#40 Nov 14, 2007
All I am saying is state some reasons why the parents locked up for killing the baby. Don't lock people up and no one has even performed an autopsy on the baby to confirm cause of death.
Something is not right here.
Please

Marietta, GA

#41 Nov 14, 2007
can we get the facts right people b4 e1 start judging, what happen. Yes punhish them yes please. but lets get all facts.
I am so furious about this b/c I have met the mother b4 and cant believe this, she the one on the left of the screen, did not seem like the type she also has another child around the age of 14-18 months and she held a job of her own not, she was not on welfare, she also have alot of Medical issuses going on with her also,but there is no reason to kill a child, that baby was so beatiful.
I will pray for justice and thier souls.(Peace to another lost baby soul R.I.P. little one)
Nana

Athens, AL

#42 Nov 14, 2007
Confused in Sandy Springs wrote:
I know some DA will pick up their case and obviously try to win it. I know it's their job, but I always wonder how they can sleep at night after a case like this one.
You do know the DA works for the county and is the prosecutor, don't you. Who wouldn't want him/her to win if this baby was murdered?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mableton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 55 min rename 56,635
Atlanta Sucks! (Feb '12) 2 hr Jason Sims 104
'Gone With the Wind' at 75: Celebration, censure 7 hr We got a fat one 42
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Chuck 19,281
Statue of William Tecumseh Sherman Peachtree Plaza 12 hr The King of Dixie 279
Is PayPal A Scam??? 17 hr Chuck 1
Ginger Dale Leads the Way Sun Dead Dale 1

Mableton News Video

Mableton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Mableton Jobs

Mableton People Search