Man stabs mom in Ionia County

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A woman from Lyons Township was stabbed seven times by her son, according to police.
Comments
1 - 20 of 85 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
David

Syracuse, NY

#1 Aug 8, 2008
I bet he was either under the influence of alcohol or prescription drugs. Maybe both.
michael g

Kalamazoo, MI

#2 Aug 8, 2008
David wrote:
I bet he was either under the influence of alcohol or prescription drugs. Maybe both.
Is that you again David Flanders??
Rocket Scientist

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2008
Ionia. Is that near Montcalm?

Since: Aug 08

Alma, MI

#4 Aug 8, 2008
Always surrounds drugs in some form of nonsense, I think a blanket party on him would be a good thing, a mom beater is always worthless.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#5 Aug 8, 2008
I agree David! Although I still think he should be charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and attempted murder. It's sad the girlfriend was in the car...I wonder if she knew what he'd done to his own mother?! I hope she turns out to be alright.
MabelSmith

Holland, MI

#6 Aug 8, 2008
What is this world coming to.?.?....!!
fred

Manistee, MI

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Rocket Scientist wrote:
DUH?

Since: Aug 08

Portland, MI

#8 Aug 8, 2008
Rocket Scientist wrote:
Yeah it is south. Lyons is East of Ionia, and looks like it happened near the cemetery =/
Moondawg

Lowell, WI

#9 Aug 8, 2008
GET HIM!!!
Rocket Scientist

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2008
RyanL10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it is south. Lyons is East of Ionia, and looks like it happened near the cemetery =/
Thanks. I thought it sounded familiar. I visited the area once. ONCE.
adam

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Aug 9, 2008
don't know how someone could do this to their own mom
jackie

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2008
Wendy wrote:
I agree David! Although I still think he should be charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and attempted murder. It's sad the girlfriend was in the car...I wonder if she knew what he'd done to his own mother?! I hope she turns out to be alright.
girlfriend either freaked when he got in the car all bloodied or they are two of a kind, either way she better not piss him off!!
sabre04

Greenville, MI

#14 Aug 9, 2008
What ever happened to giving a description, a picture, or heck, why not HIS NAME! He obviously knows the cops are looking our for him. Maybe everyone around should know who this scum bag is. We know she was stabbed 7 times, but we don't even have a description of the car she left in. No substance as ususal.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#16 Aug 9, 2008
Rocket Scientist wrote:
Ionia is not far from Montcalm County...what's yourpoint?
frazzled

Holland, MI

#17 Aug 9, 2008
Jeez. What did he get her for Mother's Day? A pack of Kool Menthols and kick in the a**?
obvious

Saint Charles, IL

#19 Aug 9, 2008
Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>Ionia is not far from Montcalm County...what's yourpoint?
Should be obvious.
TDJensen

Rockford, MI

#20 Aug 9, 2008
obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be obvious.
I give....what's so obvious? Is Montcalm County a haven for Mother stabbers or something? It is Michigan's version of a Lepper Colony? Or is it a haven for narrow minded people such as yourself?
grandmas rant

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2008
The old saying, you can always tell how a man will treat you by how he treats his mother. Low life scum bag.On drugs or not he needs to go away for good.
Jerry

Wayland, MI

#22 Aug 9, 2008
If he'll hurt his own mother, he wouldn't think twice of running a knife in anyone else. What a little dirt bag. Drag him behind a truck until there is nothing left of him but the shreaded clothes he had on.
cmg in Ionia

Sturgis, MI

#23 Aug 9, 2008
Rocket Scientist wrote:
Yes we are south of Montcalm.Just below Belding... The little city with 5 prisons and a FREE fair that comes once a year. Never heard of us??? Wow...
This is only the 3rd stabbing this summer here in Ionia....They should let the name of the kids out, I'm sure someone who knows him and the girlfriend can tell you where he is. Maybe he ran to Montcalm!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Man sentenced in kidnapping and sexual assault ... (Feb '06) Jun '14 cruz 2
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
Debate: Marijuana - Portland, MI (Jun '11) Mar '14 cyanidecyd 4
•••
•••
•••

Lyons Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lyons People Search