WTH

Hillside, IL

#6278 Jan 26, 2013
Details wrote:
A full time person is typcally interpretted by the various references in state law to an IT person. The Village does not have one.
Once, again, how about posting the "various references" you claim to cite? Or is this just another lie? Typical Getty answer - probably got it from our village attorney that we pay for to cover your failure to comply with the state law.
Interesting

United States

#6279 Jan 26, 2013
30 Year Lyons Resident wrote:
I think Getty has been doing just fine. With all the corrupt political manners out there in the world, I truly believe Chris is doing what he can to clean up our town at the very least. I said it before in the past when I voted four years ago for him.. if you have a problem with something, take it to him and he will help. He can be found around town every day. He lives right here in Lyons. Also, for the record, if you no longer live in Lyons, you shouldn't trash our town... it's only getting better and better. He has so many great events for the children and my kid is finally living the experiences I did as a child. Look how many places cancelled the firework show this year on the 4th! And guess what, they all drove to Lyons to watch ours!
Yea right!
NEW

Forest Park, IL

#6281 Jan 26, 2013
Will Never Forget wrote:
<quoted text>
TLC /MVP must have been ZERO
I'm new to town, who's TLC, do they have a slate in the upcoming election? Are they involved with the village now?
read on

Forest Park, IL

#6282 Jan 26, 2013
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to town, who's TLC, do they have a slate in the upcoming election? Are they involved with the village now?
go to page one and read first entry..then proceed and read on and on!
again

Forest Park, IL

#6283 Jan 26, 2013
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Lyons! TLC has been disbanded since 2010. Not involved at all anymore. Two parties this election: the ones in power now and a new party, Village Independent Party. The new party is the way I'm going.
misled

Forest Park, IL

#6284 Jan 26, 2013
again wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Lyons! TLC has been disbanded since 2010. Not involved at all anymore. Two parties this election: the ones in power now and a new party, Village Independent Party. The new party is the way I'm going.
not so
she back

United States

#6288 Jan 27, 2013
http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/tables/p...

The above link will allow anyone to access 2009 VOL Police and Firefighter Pension fund data.
spinning out of control

Forest Park, IL

#6289 Jan 27, 2013
brrrr

United States

#6292 Jan 27, 2013
Check out local taxing body debt on Cook County Treasurer website. Topix keeps removing posts with link to report.
Pay up

Forest Park, IL

#6293 Jan 28, 2013
PROPERTY TAX BILLS HAVE ARRIVED !!!
OH WELL

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6294 Jan 28, 2013
Just got our tax bill 5000 dollars, and the lowest amount of our four businesses was 3000 dollars in the city.I dont think its worth it !!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6295 Jan 30, 2013
Just so you know how "open and honest" our dear mayor is - I was able to post a comment on the "Village of Lyons" blog. It was asking about the so-called business "growth" in our community. Guess what? The comment has been removed. Gone. So much for allowing the people who pay for it have a voice. Once again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
again

Forest Park, IL

#6296 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
Just so you know how "open and honest" our dear mayor is - I was able to post a comment on the "Village of Lyons" blog. It was asking about the so-called business "growth" in our community. Guess what? The comment has been removed. Gone. So much for allowing the people who pay for it have a voice. Once again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
And you were surprised about that!?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6297 Jan 30, 2013
again wrote:
<quoted text>
And you were surprised about that!?
No, of course not...
meat issue

Forest Park, IL

#6298 Jan 30, 2013
Curious

United States

#6299 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
beware

Forest Park, IL

#6300 Jan 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
Pretty sneaky Getty Campaign worker! Want to find out...keep walking the streets and asking. Sure hope you're not on the Village clock, Kyle!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6301 Jan 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
1. Using MY money to put his name on village vehicles.
2. Claiming to be "transparent" when he hides everything he can and does everything possible to prevent citizens from knowing what is going on.
3. Failing to produce a budget (as required by law).
4. Appoint a convicted felon to a board.
5. Using taxpayers money to hire a publicity agent for himself.
6. Taking ten's of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from businesses having contracts with the village.
7. Hiring people without ever posting the opening or qualifications.
8. Having the dedication plaques removed from the village hall, then claiming he has no knowledge of it.
9. Allowing a convicted felon to have unlimited access to the village hall and to give orders to village employees.
10. Failing to maintain the village web site - as required by law.
11. Refusing to answer questions put to him at an open meeting.
12. Selling insurance to liquor licensees and claiming he didn't know it was a conflict of interest.
13. Making claims about our "growing business economy" when there is no real growth at all.

Need I say more?
VIP Talking Points

Forest Park, IL

#6302 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Using MY money to put his name on village vehicles.
2. Claiming to be "transparent" when he hides everything he can and does everything possible to prevent citizens from knowing what is going on.
3. Failing to produce a budget (as required by law).
4. Appoint a convicted felon to a board.
5. Using taxpayers money to hire a publicity agent for himself.
6. Taking ten's of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from businesses having contracts with the village.
7. Hiring people without ever posting the opening or qualifications.
8. Having the dedication plaques removed from the village hall, then claiming he has no knowledge of it.
9. Allowing a convicted felon to have unlimited access to the village hall and to give orders to village employees.
10. Failing to maintain the village web site - as required by law.
11. Refusing to answer questions put to him at an open meeting.
12. Selling insurance to liquor licensees and claiming he didn't know it was a conflict of interest.
13. Making claims about our "growing business economy" when there is no real growth at all.
Need I say more?
guess we know what the VIP flyers are going to say..
Wow Wee

Forest Park, IL

#6303 Jan 30, 2013
thanks for posting it twice.....wonder who does
these things ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min D-U-H 50,041
Do you approve of Krzysztof (Kris) Wasowicz as ... (Apr '13) 1 hr Not a fan 4
why not ruin the village some more 1 hr FRANK AND GEORGE 1
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 4 hr Family Member 1,231
lupita villasenor (Feb '09) 4 hr friend 12
Terry Serpico and Vito Scavo 7 hr Curious RAT Inves... 2
WildBill and McCambell 7 hr Curious RAT Inves... 9

Lyons Jobs

Lyons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lyons News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyons

Personal Finance