lyons, il politics
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5300 Jun 22, 2012
Notching wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.riversideinfo.org/forum/topic/ques...
....a lot of concerns along the same lines
with our thoughts.
Many of us feel the same way but have no way to let others know. That dam was there for so long, didn't bother anyone. The river was so beautiful, now, it'll be down to a little more than a trickle. I hope they fix the appearance of the dam and the bare shores that are going to stink and breed mosquitoes. Oh well, just keep paying your taxes, the bill should be soon!
She Back

Berryville, VA

#5301 Jun 23, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us feel the same way but have no way to let others know. That dam was there for so long, didn't bother anyone. The river was so beautiful, now, it'll be down to a little more than a trickle. I hope they fix the appearance of the dam and the bare shores that are going to stink and breed mosquitoes. Oh well, just keep paying your taxes, the bill should be soon!
Been following this via the Landmark for months. Riverside and its' residents have been informed and involved; the Village of Lyons for some reason turned a blind eye to what was planned and therefore, Lyons residents and businesses have been in the dark. Share your concerns about the final outcome of this, and the problems left unresolved when they Army Corps wraps up their lil' party and goes on their merry way. Maybe we won't have any input on this issue, but we should seriously think hard about coming together as residents of Lyons and take whatever action necessary to ensure that we are kept informed on events and issues that will impact us, like notching the dam, Village movies, and work on Nicor buried lines. Folks who don't like each much come together all the time to achieve positive results, just not in Lyons lately. Needs to change for things here to change.
She Back

Berryville, VA

#5302 Jun 23, 2012
oops, meant to say folks who don't like each other much. Sorry.
What are they burning

Forest Park, IL

#5303 Jun 24, 2012
Can anyone shed any light on the horrific smell
that permeates the air during the night and early morning hours?

It has been going on for some time....it comes thru the house..every room smells of this horrible odor.... It makes me nauseated and wakes me from sleep....no kidding..it is so bad that I become sick to my stomach.

Just wondering if there are others who notice this
horrible smell...winter time, spring time, summer
and fall...the smell creeps into the house....

There has to be someone who knows where it is coming from...thank you for any input !
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5304 Jun 25, 2012
What are they burning wrote:
It has been going on for some time....it comes thru the house..every room smells of this horrible odor.... It makes me nauseated and wakes me from sleep....no kidding..it is so bad that I become sick to my stomach.
There has to be someone who knows where it is coming from...thank you for any input !
Two possibilities - Corn Products Corporation and the MWRD sludge pits along I-55.
What are they burning

Forest Park, IL

#5305 Jun 25, 2012
Thank you....feel sorry for the young children and
babies that have to breathe in this mysterious smell.
I'm on my way out ...but future generations will suffer from these horrible pollutants that have taken over the very air that we breathe.
Lyons Grandma

Forest Park, IL

#5306 Jun 25, 2012
We have no odor...we live near Smith Park....
What are they burning

Forest Park, IL

#5307 Jun 25, 2012
Maybe you are suffering from "Hyposmia".
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5308 Jun 25, 2012
Thank you....feel sorry for the young children and
babies that have to breathe in this mysterious smell.
I'm on my way out ...but future generations will suffer from these horrible pollutants that have taken over the very air that we breathe.
I live west of Lawndale and there isn't any smell day or night. Are you east of Lawndale, perhaps closer to 47th?
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5309 Jun 25, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Two possibilities - Corn Products Corporation and the MWRD sludge pits along I-55.
Usually Corn Products is a 'potato cooking' type smell, the sludge pits are a whole different ball game, peeeeeew! I used to live in Cicero near Pershing Road, that's why we moved, the smell was disgusting but then that's been going on for seventy five years if not longer. Perhaps it's the stench of politics in Lyons that you are getting except that goes on day and night, 24/7.
Staying in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5310 Jun 25, 2012
Maybe you are suffering from "Hyposmia".
More likely "Hyperosmia"
What are they burning

Forest Park, IL

#5311 Jun 25, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually Corn Products is a 'potato cooking' type smell, the sludge pits are a whole different ball game, peeeeeew! I used to live in Cicero near Pershing Road, that's why we moved, the smell was disgusting but then that's been going on for seventy five years if not longer. Perhaps it's the stench of politics in Lyons that you are getting except that goes on day and night, 24/7.
More like the sludge pits ...tks
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5312 Jun 25, 2012
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5313 Jun 26, 2012
Does this mean there may be some news coverage for Lyons?

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/lyons
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5314 Jun 26, 2012
LMNO

Cicero, IL

#5315 Jun 27, 2012
ANy Fourth of July info?
Fireworks? Parade? Times?
LMNO

Cicero, IL

#5316 Jun 27, 2012
LMNO wrote:
ANy Fourth of July info?
Fireworks? Parade? Times?
Nevermind and OMG...I found info on the Village website!!!!!!!
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5317 Jun 28, 2012
LMNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind and OMG...I found info on the Village website!!!!!!!
Where did you find it? I just see the pictures changing, including the one that shows the Village violating its own code:

C. No person shall, in any manner, obstruct or prevent free access to any fire hydrant by placing or storing, temporarily or otherwise, any object or materials of any kind within twenty feet (20') of the same.(1965 Code &#167;&nbsp;5-2-13)
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#5318 Jun 28, 2012
Just A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you find it? I just see the pictures changing, including the one that shows the Village violating its own code:
C. No person shall, in any manner, obstruct or prevent free access to any fire hydrant by placing or storing, temporarily or otherwise, any object or materials of any kind within twenty feet (20') of the same.(1965 Code &#167;&nbsp;5-2-13)
Your point is what??????
Just A Thought

Forest Park, IL

#5319 Jun 28, 2012
HUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is what??????
You figure it out...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Summit Current Mayor 24 min Resident 1
Where is Sally? 1 hr JP's Mayor 12
Lies Lies Lies 2 hr Yup 2
News Suburbs see growth in tax revenue from video ga... 2 hr Crooked 3
Fruity Moodies On the Move in January 17 hr Notinmyhouse 2
Willowbrook Music Thread (Mar '16) 18 hr Musikologist 2
2017 Alsip Municipal Election 23 hr Alsipneedschange 26

Lyons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance