I know stuff wrote:
You like to tell people to "get off the sauce"
eh stuffy?
That's right, I am anti-sauce...
daytripper

United States

#2092 Dec 27, 2009
Lyons wrote:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/2 4-7/1957987,landfill-chicago-l awsuit-122409.article
Anyone else see this article about landfills making people sick? I wonder how long it will be before this happens to the people who live near the quarry?
your in every right to think this way sometimes it takes alot of years to find out why people get sick there are so many studies out there to determine how certain cancers develope. Iam the 1st person in my family to develope Breast Cancer so we dont think its genetics but could be envirormental(sorry for my spelling) anyways some of the illnessness that all of the same area will experiance should be entered into a data base and examaned by the proper poeple, these quarrys may make alot of poeple sink in the future or even now but alot of poeple may not realize it yet, No need to panic though cause we may not know what it is for many years but do keep in mind when the grounds are opened things come out, I know this cause when we had a hurracane about 13 years ago and lots of things got stired up I and alot of poeple had alot of respatory illnessess that they didnt know they were capable of getting, so some things come from our natural envirorment. take for instance black mold it grows from codensation can grow in the best areas like very nice homes and can get poeple so sick they die or get cancer just a thought so like I said you have every right to be concerned good luck and stay healthy
HOPE

Peru, IN

#2093 Dec 27, 2009
ninthpuppy wrote: why is someone who has an obvious commercial interest allowed to post this information? The facts are available to any truth seeker. The facts are free and the information will help solve these cases. ninthpuppy---What is your real concern?
Francine Lyons

Mishawaka, IN

#2094 Dec 27, 2009
daytripper wrote:
<quoted text>your in every right to think this way sometimes it takes alot of years to find out why people get sick there are so many studies out there to determine how certain cancers develope. Iam the 1st person in my family to develope Breast Cancer so we dont think its genetics but could be envirormental(sorry for my spelling) anyways some of the illnessness that all of the same area will experiance should be entered into a data base and examaned by the proper poeple, these quarrys may make alot of poeple sink in the future or even now but alot of poeple may not realize it yet, No need to panic though cause we may not know what it is for many years but do keep in mind when the grounds are opened things come out, I know this cause when we had a hurracane about 13 years ago and lots of things got stired up I and alot of poeple had alot of respatory illnessess that they didnt know they were capable of getting, so some things come from our natural envirorment. take for instance black mold it grows from codensation can grow in the best areas like very nice homes and can get poeple so sick they die or get cancer just a thought so like I said you have every right to be concerned good luck and stay healthy
Hi- Sorry for your having to deal with breast cancer, I am sure
you have your share of concerns and issues..without a doubt. I take it you live in Lyons.

Had a very good friend who passed away from breast cancer and she told me before she died that many women on her block had breast cancer including her mother-in-law who lived next door to her. When I was diagnosed with Graves Disease.. a Thyroid disorder, I started keeping a list of people who had thyroid disorders in town.I stopped at around 60 and that was years back in the 90's. Brought it up at a board meeting and was told,(mind you, that we had no such issues in Lyons...was silenced by a former trustee who knew about as much as a chimpanzee about thyroid disorders. Town is infamous for quelling issues that concern are well being...if it doesn't have to do with money...sorry, we get zero attention.

How do I know?....the former elected officials have shown many times in the past their total lack of concern for our health. There are more stories in Lyons regarding people who have died from types of cancers that medical personnel have never heard of....but the code of silence in Lyons is deafening. Oh yes, they offer screening for high blood pressure and other exams thru the township but will they listen to the victims of people who want to contribute to trying and finding an answer why so many people
in one town are dying from cancer..NOT

You are on target...thanks for your spin on things..it is appreciated, but don't be surprised if some no nothing decides to
quiet your right to free speech.
God bless and Good luck to you.

Angie
ninthpuppy

Berwyn, IL

#2095 Dec 27, 2009
HOPE wrote:
ninthpuppy wrote: why is someone who has an obvious commercial interest allowed to post this information? The facts are available to any truth seeker. The facts are free and the information will help solve these cases. ninthpuppy---What is your real concern?
My real concern are the internet parasites who spam websites for personal gain. Anyone can spread rumors of conspiracy, If you have an interest proving your accusations, get out from behind your keyboard and prove something, don't keep posting on websites according to a sales program. The the most recent post is just a copy of information supplied at an earlier date. It is not news it is advertising.
HOPE

Peru, IN

#2096 Dec 27, 2009
ninthpuppy: are you the ex-police chief of LYONS, IL. It seems to me that you are more concerned about keeping the public in the dark. Name calling does not help victims. I TRUST THE PEOPLE OF LYONS, IL. WILL READ AND THEN THINK FOR THEMSELVES.
out of towner

Summit Argo, IL

#2097 Dec 27, 2009
I know stuff wrote:
its called alot of donations
out of towner

Summit Argo, IL

#2098 Dec 27, 2009
Since Technicraft decided to quit wreck chasing because of the 50 count lawsuit they have against there company.Technicraft now donates to whatever mayors (justice - lyons ) to get there police towing its worked so far with these two.I was told that 10 there giving back to lyons for every tow is put on the customers bill so Technicraft isnt giving nothing to the p.d. the poor people who are getting there cars towed are paying NICE SCAM
Watcher

Normal, IL

#2099 Dec 27, 2009
I find that hard to believe out of towner. I can't see Lyons or any other town doing something for nothing. Since when would a politician or a police dept. do something that doesn't provide a kick back or line someones pockets?
ninthpuppy

Berwyn, IL

#2100 Dec 28, 2009
HOPE wrote:
ninthpuppy: are you the ex-police chief of LYONS, IL. It seems to me that you are more concerned about keeping the public in the dark. Name calling does not help victims. I TRUST THE PEOPLE OF LYONS, IL. WILL READ AND THEN THINK FOR THEMSELVES.
The people of Lyons should Google Babich suicides Lyons Illinois and see for themselves the first two words that are there.
Around the Corner

Chicago, IL

#2101 Dec 28, 2009
ninthpuppy wrote:
<quoted text> The people of Lyons should Google Babich suicides Lyons Illinois and see for themselves the first two words that are there.
I think you need to quit this non-sense. You are trying to profit off of lies! I think you need some serious help. Please stop posting that BS on here.
whatever

Westchester, IL

#2102 Dec 28, 2009
ninthpuppy,
Why don't you just stick to your other hobbies and leave Dan Babich alone! If you are bored with your other hobbies maybe take up whittling. So sell your book somewhere else.
ninthpuppy

Berwyn, IL

#2103 Dec 28, 2009
whatever wrote:
ninthpuppy,
Why don't you just stick to your other hobbies and leave Dan Babich alone! If you are bored with your other hobbies maybe take up whittling. So sell your book somewhere else.
Can you comprehend the written word? My point is that Hope continues to post links to this website on topix, to sell this book, I feel that by highlighting this posters commercial interest maybe the moderaters of this board will realize in 104 pages of comment Hope is the only one trying to sell something at a profit.
daytripper

United States

#2104 Dec 28, 2009
ninthpuppy wrote:
<quoted text> The people of Lyons should Google Babich suicides Lyons Illinois and see for themselves the first two words that are there.
I googled this and your right it does look real strange that a outside dept wasnt called in to investagate and that things were allowed to be thrown away before the investigation was over and little details about the house key and innocent person wouldnt lie about that. anyway people will think what they want to the proper evedence dosnt lie.
Whatever

Westchester, IL

#2105 Dec 28, 2009
Sorry, I meant that message to HOPE!! Sorry. nineth puppy.
Elwood Icheegoo park

United States

#2106 Dec 29, 2009
How about some of that sauce.
I know stuff

Wadsworth, IL

#2107 Dec 31, 2009
happy new year
The Badge

Indianapolis, IN

#2108 Jan 1, 2010
here we go again wrote:
if money was an issue they would not have moved the two officers. Money is not an issue! The only issue is that some of the village trustees and mayor hate the police!
Re-Read your answer. Or is it that many of the police hate the Mayor and the Mayor's Trustee's. Patti Krueger was and will be the Pet of the Police Station. Why ??? Good question. You tell me. I don't fall for her Bull. Kissing everyone makes me sick. Look at her. She thinks she is making points. The one's that she butter's up to, do not even live in Lyons. Sorry Patti they can't vote. Your wasting your time. The only thing that the two Patty's can do now is to Play Patty Cake's together. The two of you are done. Finished. Go Away. Far Far Away. Pay Back's are Bitch's.
Lyons Pride

United States

#2109 Jan 2, 2010
I say fire everyone on the Lyons police department and start new. The Chicago connection with Berwyn and River Grove will bring a Chicago guy to Lyons. This way a Chicago cop can bring his buddies in for less money. Happy New Year !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Dead, 12 Wounded in Memorial Day weekend shoo... 3 hr bozo 1
summit gangs (Jan '10) Sat Harlem gang 49
bond forfeiture Greg Salvi (Jul '15) Sat You know 109
Summers around the corner do we need Mexicans i... Sat Brazer 20
Edward Moody (Jul '12) Fri Is a loser 112
Can we please get rid of all the Mexicans in Me... May 27 WILDBILL 21
Greg salvi May 27 WILDBILL 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lyons Mortgages