Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. ...

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. 1928 -2009. Melrose Park Illinois. Farewell old friend.

There are 14 comments on the Eddie's Rail Fan Page story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. 1928 -2009. Melrose Park Illinois. Farewell old friend.. In it, Eddie's Rail Fan Page reports that:

Hi everyone! This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eddie's Rail Fan Page.

bob gonzilewski

Orland Park, IL

#1 Oct 24, 2009
all my grandchildren and my children had the pleasure of the park it is a shame that some money hungry people in the family are closing it shame on them!!!!!!!!!!
george gonkoser

Orland Park, IL

#2 Oct 24, 2009
it is ashame that the money hungry people in the family will deny so many children of a wonderful time at the park shame on them!!!!!!
peter glickinsor

Orland Park, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2009
i will miss having a great time at the park just watching the faces of the little tykes having a good time
carmel aquino

Orland Park, IL

#4 Oct 24, 2009
where can i take my children for a fun day at such a reasonable cost thanks for nothing rotten people of the family
Cyprian

Westmont, IL

#5 Jan 6, 2010
It's too bad the village performed so lackluster and lackadaisical to try to save this place for the kids. Typical for this disgrace of a town.
daytripper

United States

#6 Jan 6, 2010
that was such a fun place I havent been there in about 15 years because I dont live in Il. anymore but was hopeing to take my grandchildren there this summer guess its to late
Cyprian

Westmont, IL

#7 Jan 6, 2010
Don't worry the village will find a way to make money at the property. Maybe a strip mall or a strip club. It would be too much effort for them to try to keep an amusement park there for kids to have fun at.
daytripper

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2010
I say they'll put up a strip club
Linda Bailey osteen fl

Jackson, AL

#10 May 6, 2010
Yes this is a shame that Kiddy Land has closed. I left Melrose Park in 1976 and moved to Florida. I took my son home in 2000 when he was 2 and I took him to Kiddy Land and it was great to remember I did the things that my son did and I remember having a great time just like my little boy was having.Im so glad I have all of it on video. One more great thing will be missed by all of us.One thing I had a harder time fitting on the train this time.
HAHAHA

Elmwood Park, IL

#11 May 20, 2010
R.I.P. Kiddieland!:(
daytripper

Goldsboro, NC

#12 May 20, 2010
it is ashame all the great places are closing they are missed

Since: Dec 06

Melrose Park

#13 May 20, 2010
Cyprian wrote:
Don't worry the village will find a way to make money at the property. Maybe a strip mall or a strip club. It would be too much effort for them to try to keep an amusement park there for kids to have fun at.
According to our local paper, they have approved the site for a Costo.

Six Flags in Gurnee has purchased the Little Dipper coaster. So that part still stays in the state, but either way, another good thing has been taken.
sad day

Logansport, IN

#14 Jan 16, 2014
Now our kids can enjoy the cart rides at Costco...
Alfred

Glendale Heights, IL

#15 Nov 27, 2015
Linda Bailey osteen fl wrote:
Yes this is a shame that Kiddy Land has closed. I left Melrose Park in 1976 and moved to Florida. I took my son home in 2000 when he was 2 and I took him to Kiddy Land and it was great to remember I did the things that my son did and I remember having a great time just like my little boy was having.Im so glad I have all of it on video. One more great thing will be missed by all of us.One thing I had a harder time fitting on the train this time.
I remember you and your son at Kiddieland..great memories

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuck's Report Card 2 hr who 7
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr All Lives Matter 10,710
Wildbill Speaks the Truth 6 hr WILDBILL 7
Melrose Park Businesses: We will never spend mo... (Feb '12) 6 hr WILDBILL 21
Taylor St. gypsies claiming Melrose Parker iden... 6 hr WILDBILL 11
Mashie Inman--Ida Grimes Prater Family 14 hr Silver Locks 1
News Girl drowns at Gary Beach (Jul '07) Wed Lowest of them All 25

Lyons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance