First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Parent

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 25, 2013
Has anyone else noticed in our sports programs its all about who you know and what your last name is instead of talent!It seems like kids are advancing to higher levels in sports and its not because they are talented there are other kids way more talented but there not in with the teachers or the school.Adirondack needs to get back to winning at sports its been many years since there has been good coaches in there that actually play the kids who are talented and it didnt matter who they were.Not these coaches who play kids that suck just because there friends with there parents or related to them or they had a brother or sister that might of been good.
Tax Payer

Lowville, NY

#2 Aug 26, 2013
No varsity football this year. Wii save the district many thousands of dollars. good.
wikkisabi

Boston, MA

#3 Aug 26, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
No varsity football this year. Wii save the district many thousands of dollars. good.
really? that is too bad. You will pay taxes regardless of the sports programs. however, it is more likey for a child involved in the community (sports, music, art) to make the area thier home and have thier kids attend the same school. at this rate, the outlook for the district is not good.
pathetic

Pulaski, NY

#4 Aug 26, 2013
They're taking from our children, who we pay the school taxes for in the first place (supposedly) to give to Hubman after the school board took it upon themselves to decide to ask him to leave or whatever happened there and still pay him for services not rendered. The school board is stealing from our children and getting away with it... Does anyone know when the next school board meeting is? I'm sick of watching our children suffer for the choices of people who doesn't even know our children exist.
pathetic

Pulaski, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2013
Sorry, that last sentence should have read, "I'm sick of watching our children suffer for the choices of people who do not even know our children exist." Not doesn't...
Scum

Frankfort, NY

#6 Aug 26, 2013
Not true. Adirondack will have a varsity team this year
wikkisabi wrote:
<quoted text>
really? that is too bad. You will pay taxes regardless of the sports programs. however, it is more likey for a child involved in the community (sports, music, art) to make the area thier home and have thier kids attend the same school. at this rate, the outlook for the district is not good.
alumni

Old Forge, NY

#7 Sep 9, 2013
Can anyone tell me why the boys varsity has enough kids for two teams ???there desperately needs to be a new boys coach!the morale is horrible the boys dont even want to play anymore!my sons friend was moved from jv to varsity just to sit the bench!
news

San Jose, CA

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Thats a good question?Why would your kid play soccer his whole life and then when he gets older want to go sit with 30 kids on a team so he cant play!Adirondack boys soccer has been hurting for a long i think its time for a change!
Complain

Gloversville, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2013
Has anyone ever noticed that the parents that complain about their kids playing a certain sport never played that sport themselves so they have no idea what they are talking about.
Paul

Scipio Center, NY

#11 Nov 10, 2013
Has anyone ever noticed the corellation between the fathers'senior year and the sons? You plant corn; you get corn.
baby boomer

Pulaski, NY

#12 Nov 12, 2013
What is happening to adirondack sports?
Obama

Boonville, NY

#13 Nov 13, 2013
Let's see...back to back sectional titles in girls track , last year state title wrestler, last year sectional final volleyball, this year 5 cross country runner top 20 in section , last week sectional champ in swim, possible state titles in wrestling this winter. Track will be in the running for league and sectional titles. Plus softball wins league every year just about. Plus the percentage of kids playing sports is higher then ever. That's just some of the things happening.
Slim

West Roxbury, MA

#15 Nov 14, 2013
Obama wrote:
Let's see...back to back sectional titles in girls track , last year state title wrestler, last year sectional final volleyball, this year 5 cross country runner top 20 in section , last week sectional champ in swim, possible state titles in wrestling this winter. Track will be in the running for league and sectional titles. Plus softball wins league every year just about. Plus the percentage of kids playing sports is higher then ever. That's just some of the things happening.
Excellent post. It's refreshing to see a positive person post once in a while.
deal

New York, NY

#16 Nov 20, 2013
What about the real sports football 1-7? Basketball(boys) girls soccer boys soccer horrible horrible horrible .I went to some basketball games last year and it was the worst boys team i ever saw not sure if it was basketball or wrestling they were on the floor more than playing ball.
Resident

AOL

#17 Nov 24, 2013
deal wrote:
What about the real sports football 1-7? Basketball(boys) girls soccer boys soccer horrible horrible horrible .I went to some basketball games last year and it was the worst boys team i ever saw not sure if it was basketball or wrestling they were on the floor more than playing ball.
Good for you, why don't you say something possitive instead of shooting your mouth of. Give the kids some credit for playing. FYI, you haven't watched alot of basketball if that was the worst team ever..........BTW they made it to sectionals too,so they must have played SOME not so bad games..........MORON!!!!
deal

Pulaski, NY

#18 Nov 25, 2013
Yeah i see alot of those boys furthered their career in basketball.Did they win the sectional game?
Resident

AOL

#19 Nov 25, 2013
deal wrote:
Yeah i see alot of those boys furthered their career in basketball.Did they win the sectional game?
Dear Mr. Positive. There are still some on the team from last yr that have a chance to play in college. Maybe not Duke or Kentucky like I'm sure you played but maybe div 3 school. To bad there wasn't a way to block negitive people on here. You would be on that list .ALL-Pro
yourst

Pulaski, NY

#20 Nov 26, 2013
Maybe they will be better than last year they did get rid of some ball hogs.
cheese nuts

Columbus, OH

#21 Nov 26, 2013
Adirondack sports suck.
Football is from the stone ages. Do they even know what a forward pass is?

Basketball is the all white under 6' redneck dream team. Maybe they need more wrist bands?

Baseball? Nobody cares, they come out of little league and jr. high as fat little turds that think they are great because they light up crap pitching.

in conclusion: that school produces ZERO talent.
observation

Frankfort, NY

#22 Nov 26, 2013
Before you complain about the sports program, take a good look at the Village. The Village has gone down hill in the past 5 years. Why? Because slum lords are taking section 8 welfare people as tenants. As the character of the community changes, the schools also change. Look at the test scores and yes, look at the sports teams. They've all suffered. These people do not care about the education of their children and they certainly don't encourage their kids to go out for sports. Many of these parents are worried about their next case of beer, drug fix, or pack of cigarettes. They could care less about their children. It's not the fault of the administrators, school board, teachers or coaches...it's the parents and it's the slum lords. If you want to see better schools and better teams, CLEAN UP THE TOWN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends 43 min Dude 9
Reindeer donation thief 3 hr boondog 27
Town of Leyden 6 hr randy 26
old dollar general lot 11 hr no namme 28
Xmas gifts 13 hr Thankful 10
Casey Cooley 23 hr Cara 1
wbrv Sat Listener 19
Lyons Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lyons Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lyons Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyons Falls

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:34 pm PST