GE Aviation Layoffs Job Cut: fires 1000 employees

Posted in the Lynnfield Forum

HR Girl

Lexington, MA

#1 Feb 10, 2009
The GE Aviation company has decided to layoff some 1000 employees. All the sectors are now melting under the pressures of falling market demand and financial problems. As a measure, they are going for layoffs. The latest one to add to the list is, GE Aviation going for layoffs.

http://invest-n-trade.blogspot.com/2009/01/ge...
koby41150

Lutz, FL

#2 Mar 8, 2009
I'm not surprised. GE Aviation is having lots of problems. Did you know that there is a lawsuit against GE Aviation in Tampa, FL. It seems that GE is giving out personal and confidential information about its employees and not telling anyone. I wonder how many times they've done this without getting caught until now. The GE Aviation and GE corporate offices know about it and are letting the company get away with it, and not doing anything about the company. They just decided to look the other way. GE is really messed up
Gtx5545

Santa Clarita, CA

#3 May 14, 2012
GE Aviation laying off/firing workers under the guise of sexual harassment and misconduct without any type of valid proof or actual investigations. Contacting corporate headquarters is pointless as they could care less about their employees. It's much easier to fire a fully qualified worker vs replacing them with newer workers at half the price. Remember that folks the next time you fly. When I see their commercials on how much they care and visit facilities that use their medical equipment, and want to meet the people whom lives they saved with their technology, I wonder if the patients are aware GE is there solely for propganda. I worked for GE once and all I can say is watch your back. If you are given new co-workers to train because your work load is increasing, beware. Your position, future and financial stability are in jeopardy. Beware.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peabody, Massachusetts Dental Implant Clinic Ad... Mon Gerald Vonberger 1
Let's Welcome Convicted Child Murderer, Damien ... (Sep '12) Oct 9 comfort suites 85
Gay group protesting at Gordon College homecoming Oct 5 Does Not Compute 3
Deer Spotted in Downtown Salem (Feb '14) Sep 27 Suzie 2
Police Logs: Incidents from Jason Aldean's Conc... (Jul '12) Jul '14 out of your mind 3
Lynnfield Quarry Skull and Bones (Jul '10) Apr '14 nick kinnon 5
Letters to the Magazine Editor (May '09) Sep '13 Savion 4

Lynnfield News Video

Lynnfield Dating
Find my Match

Lynnfield Jobs

Lynnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lynnfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lynnfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]