Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure

Apr 27, 2010 Full story: TV38 Boston 29

Share + Apr 28, 2010 12:15 am US/Eastern Reporting Kate Merrill LYNNFIELD The mad dash to get the kids off to school, the crazy commute and the boss, they are enough to raise anyone's blood pressure.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#1 Apr 28, 2010
"If the bone is out of alignment and putting pressure on a nerve, it interferes with the ability of the heart to function properly," (chiropractor) Martone explained.

Chiropractic remains mired in the crap of quackery.

Chiropractic scamming is revving up. The economy is getting worse for chiropractors and they are getting desperate. Now they are claiming to increase heart function. Ha Ha Ha

The chiropractic diaper needs to be emptied .... quick.
Fraud Police

Buffalo Grove, IL

#2 Apr 29, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
"If the bone is out of alignment and putting pressure on a nerve, it interferes with the ability of the heart to function properly," (chiropractor) Martone explained.
Chiropractic remains mired in the crap of quackery.
Chiropractic scamming is revving up. The economy is getting worse for chiropractors and they are getting desperate. Now they are claiming to increase heart function. Ha Ha Ha
The chiropractic diaper needs to be emptied .... quick.
Everyone should know about the above 'chiropractic expert's' opinion by reading the truth below. Is wisdom (the liar) a chiropractic expert? Oh my, no.
http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/editorial/quack...
http://www.canlyme.com/quackwatch.html
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#3 Apr 29, 2010
"fraud" you must be a chiropractor. Your response had nothing to do with the article.

I'm guessing you also scam people into thinking you can cure disease by pushing on spines? Hmmmmm? Curing heart ailments are you "fraud"? Ha ha

I think its time you empty your chiropractic diaper.
Fraud Police

AOL

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
"fraud" you must be a chiropractor. Your response had nothing to do with the article.
I'm guessing you also scam people into thinking you can cure disease by pushing on spines? Hmmmmm? Curing heart ailments are you "fraud"? Ha ha
I think its time you empty your chiropractic diaper.
Ha Ha Ha! First, wisdom is no chiropractic expert.
Well, then again, maybe he is--just ask him!
Second, wisdom (the liar who can do nothing but lie) says he's a chiropractic expert since (quote)"I attended a LOT and I do mean a LOT of chiropractic meetings." AH HA AHAHAHAHAHAA
Folks, I've eaten at lot of lox and bagels. That should qualify me as a rabbi. AH AHA HA AHAHHAHAHAHA.
Wisdom (the lying expert) also has a creepy fondness for diapers. Very creepy. Don't shake hands with him.
Nanaimo Chiropractor

Nanaimo, Canada

#5 Apr 30, 2010
Great article. I know Dr. Martone personally and would recommend him without reservation. The health benefits to chiropractic go far beyond simple neck and back pain.
http://www.purechiro.ca
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#6 May 2, 2010
"nana.." apparently you are just another chiropractic quack.

Too damn bizarre you quacks. Now claiming to cure heart disease by pushing on spines?. He he he he

But just for laughs "nana", what chiropractic technique do you claim and use to "help heart function"? Really. I need a good laugh. Is it nucca or dnft? Ha ha ha

Now empty your chiropractic diapers boys.
Fraud Police

AOL

#7 May 2, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
"nana.." apparently you are just another chiropractic quack.
Too damn bizarre you quacks. Now claiming to cure heart disease by pushing on spines?. He he he he
But just for laughs "nana", what chiropractic technique do you claim and use to "help heart function"? Really. I need a good laugh. Is it nucca or dnft? Ha ha ha
Now empty your chiropractic diapers boys.
Wisdom 'the chiropractic expert' EXPOSED. Nothing but fraud.
Folks, it doesn’t get any more revealing than this. Read these two links. Remind you of some other loser who calls himself a ‘chiropractic expert’? Um, let’s see here…. Could it remind you of, oh, I don’t know, um, uh, um, oh, uh wisdom??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Do we all now know the truth about this liar and fraud and, uh, um, oh, um so called ‘chiropractic expert’ wisdom? Oh my—yes. OH MY.

Oh, um, you can expect to see this same post again and again, and, yup, again. You see, wisdom has always been the great "deceiver", ok, not so great, but a deceiver nonetheless. Wisdom, you know, the liar and fraud, purposely picks out the same, yes, the same old lies about chiropractic and then, well, you know, greatly exaggerates (I'm being nice, he really just flat out lies) about those obscure tidbits about chiropractic. Remind you of someone mentioned in the above two links. Uh, yeah, maybe. Ok, yeah. Um, definitely! You see, folks, it's like Michael Jackson used to sing, "A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3-." Both barret (the 'expert'(ha ha ha ha) the star of the above two links), and wisdom, the self annointed expert (just a liar) have been EXPOSED. Easy.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#8 May 3, 2010
And what chiropractic technique/treatment do you use to cure heart ailments? Hmmmm "fraud"?

Come on, I need a good laugh for today. I know you can respond to the topic at hand. Give it a try mr. chiropractor. Pull yourself out of your full chiropractic diaper.
Fraud Police

AOL

#9 May 3, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
And what chiropractic technique/treatment do you use to cure heart ailments? Hmmmm "fraud"?
Come on, I need a good laugh for today. I know you can respond to the topic at hand. Give it a try mr. chiropractor. Pull yourself out of your full chiropractic diaper.
Wisdom (his Diaperness)is exposed.
Matthew

Atlanta, GA

#10 May 7, 2010
Good articles, Fraud Police.... Steven B.(the psychiatrist) always "watches the back" of consumers. Maybe someone should investigate the history of psychiatry and see how that stacks up in the quakery realm. There's a great documentary here on YouTube about it that will blow you away!

Wisdom... Were you the victim of a bad chiropractor or something? I'm sure you realize there are good and bad professionals in every industry. You just have too much hate, man.

Chiropractors, just like medical doctors, don't cure anything. They help expedite the bodies natural healing process.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#11 May 7, 2010
At what chiropractic school did they teach you that medicine doesn't cure anything?

I know your education at chiropractic school was pathetic but have you ever heard of antitbiotics? Did anyone ever tell you that antitbiotics have cured millions of people of infections? Oh wait, you want to play the semantics game right? The body heals itself, not the drugs, right? If a chiropractor puts the bones back into place the body can cure itself of disease, right? Very cute.

Better yet, what diseases do you think chiropractic cures/"expedites"?

Matthew, I am the chiropractic expert here, hence I am uniquely qualified to expose the fraud that is rampant throughout the chiropractic enterprise. It is illogical for you to attempt to dismiss my facts by saying I was a "victim" of a bad chiropractor. But logic has never been a chiropractor's strong point. You just engaged in a logical fallacy, ubiquitous throughout chiropractic.

By the way, I've heard of "barrett" He exposed so much of the fraud within chiropractic. But don't let that stop you from bashing psychiatry. You are a good chiropractor.
Lansing DO

Cedar Lake, MI

#12 May 7, 2010
I am a practicing osteopathic physician near Lansing, MI. I glanced at a number of strange posts here. Some by 'wisdom' and his apparent enemy 'fraud police.' I'm not quite sure what to make of fraud police, though I think this poster wisdom is quite misguided and uninformed about chiropractors. He must be carrying a grudge of some kind which I can't figure out. I work with two chiropractors twice a week in our facility in Flint. They are well educated and not even close to the 'quacks' they are called by the poster wisdom. In fact one of the chiropractors runs the facility. We are mostly a rehab facility and get a steady stream of patients from the nearby hospital. Wisdom does not reflect any of my views or those of my colleagues. To put it bluntly, he's full of hot air and I would be ashamed of him if he turned out to be a medical doctor, which I highly doubt. Good doctors don't have the time nor desire to post hundreds of hate filled messages and at the same time, claiming to be an expert. That alone reveals a sick ego and a disturbed mind.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#13 May 7, 2010
Hey "Lansing DO", nothing I have said is not factual. You claim to know a couple of chiropractors. You do not, however, know chiropractic. Indeed, there are more than 200+ chiropractic techniques/treatments currently used by chiropractors across the country. I would bet you have no idea about any of them. NONE.

So the two chiropractors you know are into "rehab". Interesting. They "rehab" what? some simple neck and back conditions? Because I'm sure you know, or more likely don't know, that there is scant evidence (real evidence) that "chiropractic is good for anything more than uncomplicated NON-radiculopathic low back conditions.

You also probably know that the clinical experience for chiropractors, before they graduate, is pathetic in that they do not examine, diagnose or treat patients with serious illnesses including neurological disease and trauma related injuries that would require, what is commonly understood to be, conditions which require "rehabilitation".

So, you think I "do not reflect the views of your colleagues"? Let me tell you something. Your "colleagues" have NO idea about the chiropractic enterprise. NONE.

Did you know for example, that there are many chiropractors out there who treat every patient that comes into their offices by pushing on ONLY the top vertebrae? They are known as upper cervical chiropractors using bizarre treatments known as "nucca" or "hio".

That make sense to you Dr.?

I am an expert in the chiropractic enterprise. I'm just doing my part to rid the world of chiropractic fraud.

Lastly, I know full well that there are chiropractors out there trying to do the right thing. Many have already left the field because they couldn't make an honest living. Don't doubt me.

A very good skeptical chiropractic website is "chirotalk". It is hosted by current and former chiropractors, among other professions including some knowledgeable medical doctors.

You can call me some more names or you can admit you have very little idea about what goes on in chiropractic. I don't post for you. i post for those desperate people and potential chiropractic students who are thinking about chiropractic.

You said "good doctors" don't have the time to post here. "fraudpolice is a chiropractor.. i guess you put him in his place. thanks.
Healthy

Lakeland, FL

#14 May 7, 2010
Wisdom antibiotics do not CURE infections. If that were the case, then the person taking them would never get an infection again. Antibiotics kill bacteria and thus stop the infection (but not in all cases as with resistance strains), but they do not cure anyone. You need to go back to school
Healthy

Lakeland, FL

#15 May 7, 2010
Very well said DO! Wisdom does not have a clue. He is just involved in a movement on the net that allows for people like himself to bash anyone and everything chiropractic and other practitioners.

His views are not reflected within most medical establishments. Can you imagine someone like wisdom actually working in a care facility? He would of been let go the first day. The lawsuits from patients families would be many, the ego of wisdom would actually get someone seriously injured or even worse.

The delivery of health care is team based, everyone is important on that team from the CNA to the MD/DO. Thank God people like wisdom are not MD's or DO's. I think that one day, Chiro will follow Osteopathy's path.

Wisdom grow up
tom

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 8, 2010
YUP! Lansing DO's post reflects the REAL WORLD.

I'd like to add:
Since the introduction of chiropractic services to the Veterans Health Administration (VA) in 2004, there have been a number of developments at the national and local levels. One development of much success and pride is the academic affiliations for training chiropractic students.

Part of the VA's mission is to promote excellence in the education of future health care professionals. This educational effort is led by the Office of Academic Affiliations, which oversees the training of health care professionals who will serve the needs of the VA and the nation. In 2008, more than 30,000 medical residents, over 20,000 medical students, and in excess of 50,000 other health professionals received some or all of their clinical training at VA facilities. This is accomplished through partnerships with more than 1,300 academic institutions including schools of medicine, dentistry, optometry, podiatry and nursing, among many others.

As many readers may know, chiropractic colleges are now among this group as well. As of April 2009, 17 VA facilities have established academic affiliations with 11 chiropractic colleges (see table) and several others are in development. These affiliations are not required by the law that established chiropractic services in the VA; rather, they arose from the successful work of individual VA doctors of chiropractic, the willingness and support of the given VA facilities, and the cooperation of the affiliated chiropractic colleges.

The first such affiliation was realized in 2004, with several others initiated each year thereafter. To date, more than 500 chiropractic students have participated in VA training rotations. Under the direction of the supervising DC, chiropractic students function much like they do in a chiropractic college clinic setting, taking patient histories, performing examinations and providing treatment.

These training opportunities - called clerkships in medical education - mark a significant step in the evolution of chiropractic education. Our students are exposed to a broad patient population, hospital policies and procedures, and integrated case management strategies. A number of chiropractic colleges had developed such opportunities with other medical facilities prior to the VA program. However, at present the VA is the largest integrated health care system in which chiropractic trainees can acquire clinical skills along-side other medical professionals.

To provide a glimpse into the perceptions of those who have gone through one program, three recent graduates of the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic (UBCC) have agreed to share their insights in the following interview format. All three completed a VA clerkship at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System under my supervision.

Gregory Mara, DC, is a 2006 UBCC graduate practicing in Carver and Cohasset, Mass. His practices are in the physical therapy department of a medical center and a health club, respectively, and about 90 percent of his patients are from medical referrals. Andrea Buccino, DC, is a 2007 UBCC graduate practicing in Essex County, N.J. She has practiced in conjunction with a medical neurologist, and sees a varied patient population including occupational injuries and general orthopedic conditions. Norman Eng, DC, is a 2007 UBCC graduate practicing in Atlanta, Ga. His practice approach includes myofascial and manipulative techniques, with a focus on functional rehabilitation of patients with diverse musculoskeletal conditions.

Additionally, This excellent video documents Chiropractic services and Chiropractic internships at the VA:
&fe ature=related
tom

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 8, 2010
More evidence that Wizzyboy's propaganda of MD/DC animosity is a fallcious lie:

>> Northwestern Health Sciences University, HealthPartners create integrated clinic
April 20, 2010 —

Northwestern Health Sciences University is collaborating with HealthPartners to open an integrated clinic. The new clinic will create a new model of care that blends the strengths of traditional medicine and natural care disciplines to provide a collaborative, team approach to meeting patient healthcare needs.

The clinic, located in Cottage Grove, Minn., opened April 19, 2010.

"This is an exciting opportunity to create more comprehensive primary care in one convenient setting,” said Bob VanWhy, MD, senior vice president of primary care and practice development at HealthPartners.

“This model will provide improved access and convenience for patients, as well as evidenced-based integrated care. We think that the collaboration with Northwestern will benefit our patients and organization in several ways,” he continued.

The clinic will include a family physician and doctors of chiropractic on staff as well as an urgent care center. Ryne DeVries, DC, FACO, assistant professor at Northwestern, will be the chiropractor on staff at the new clinic.

Debbie Miller, LPN, associate vice president of clinical services at Northwestern, initiated the connection between Northwestern and HealthPartners almost one year ago.“It’s about building relationships,” said Miller. Two weeks after suggesting a possible collaboration, Dr. VanWhy contacted Miller to set up a meeting about the integrated clinic.

"We were fortunate,” said Dr. VanWhy.“When we approached Northwestern about the idea for the collaboration, there was immediate interest. We now have a wonderful opportunity to collaborate with the leader in the practice, education and research of natural care in the Twin Cities to improve the care for patients.”

Source: Northwestern Health Sciences University, www.nwhealth.edu/nwtoday/index.html
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#18 May 8, 2010
"healthy" said, "Wisdom antibiotics do not CURE infections."

Thanks. I just informed the medical staff at my hospital. They had no idea.

From now on we'll be adjusting atlas for lung infections. Ha Ha

Oh and "tom", you failed to address any factual point I made. You must be a chiropractor.

When you are ready to discuss the fraud within chiropractic, let me know. When you are prepared to admit that there are thousands of chiropractors using bizarre and ineffective treatments like dnft, activator, nucca, hio, sot and AK, let me know. You want to deny that chiropractors use fraudulent techniques? There's nothing I can do about that.

Oh and while a few chiropractic schools are pushing to get their students to follow medical doctors around, the fact of the matter is that chiropractic students will not be diagnosing or treating any serious illnesses for which patients have been admitted. They can't, legally or otherwise.

Except of course, treating infections because "antibiotics don't cure anything". ha ha ha ha
tom

Saint Paul, MN

#19 May 8, 2010
Wizzyboy- Nice try at distorting the evidence. You are fooling nobody.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#20 May 8, 2010
Tommy, I said you have failed to point to just one inaccurate statement that I have made. Again you failed.

So now you say, "Nice try at distorting the evidence"? really? Exactly how?

tommy, you are clearly out of your league. Best you empty your chiropractic diaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynnfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Electric Lynn - Layoffs? (Feb '07) Dec 13 Crazy Logic 5
Review: Affordable Concrete Cutting (May '12) Dec 4 Leachmark707 9
25 Year Old Jaimee Mendez Missing Since 11/6/14... Nov 22 Strange 2
Review: Mindy Nails Nov '14 Shaileine1209 2
Peabody, Massachusetts Dental Implant Clinic Ad... Nov '14 Courtney Galler 2
Quick Info: What to Know About Halloween Night ... Oct '14 Really 1
Let's Welcome Convicted Child Murderer, Damien ... (Sep '12) Oct '14 Spoiled Immature ... 86

Lynnfield News Video

Lynnfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lynnfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lynnfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lynnfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST