Mullin to head Dracut schools

Full story: Lowell Sun

After interviews with the four finalists for the job of superintendent were conducted, W. Spencer Mullin, was unanimously chosen by the School Committee to replace Elaine Espindle as the head of the Dracut ...
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2008
Yankee Boy

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Typical Dracut Politics at its best. The last person announced for the position and obviously the favorite pick of the school commitee. Well orchestrated. Does this School Committee think the people of Dracut are stupid. The Elections for School Committee can't get here soon enough. It's time for a change.

Since: Oct 07

Dracut, Mass.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Seems clear that this was decided ahead of time, just as the Housing selection was.
Ralph Lawson

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Good Job School Committee...
Great to see a Dracut educator who has been a good teacher and administrator and worked to get his doctorate and now will lead the Dracut Schools.
angry parent - educator

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

What a farce and sham job the entire process was. Dracut had to get there early for a superintendent; so, they could get the best available. Isn't that what we were told. When in reality, Mr. Mullin had the job all along. I'm sure he would have been available any time during the school year. Not too many systems are hiring superintendents whose primary administrative experience is at the middle school principalship level. He may be a very nice man and a former dracut resident and former teacher; however, his experience and talents don't even compare to the other three candidates. Yes, he may have a doctorate ( at an online university), but how about the other three. What were their educational credentials? In a time of ed reform, MCAS, No Child Left Behind, Impacts of Sped, constant overrides to support education, Dracut deserved to have the very best applicant. Unfortunately, town politics and being a former teacher to some of the school committee members counted more than providing the VERY BEST for our children and OUR COMMUNITY. Not only that, Mr. Mercier wants to hire the new superintendent six months before Mrs. Espindile leaves. Is this so she can begin to train him on being a superintendent. How unfair to Mrs. Espindile, after ten years of dedicated service to Dracut, to make her a shadow superintendent for the last part of her Dracut career.
Also, unfair to the taxpayers of Dracut to pay two superintendent salaries. Maybe its to help Mr. Mullin get an early salary start towards his retirement pay?????
Edward Lorden

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I am very happy with the selection of Dr. Mullin to lead our public schools. I know that he will put our children first. The school committee deserves our thanks for a speedy, and non-political process.
Bob

Newton Highlands, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Great choice. Dr. Mullin has been a professional throughout his entire career. He should have been leading our schools ten years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynnfield Discussions

Search the Lynnfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Welcome Convicted Child Murderer, Damien ... (Sep '12) Tue NotBuyingIt 79
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Police Logs: Incidents from Jason Aldean's Conc... (Jul '12) Jul 13 out of your mind 3
Adult Illegals Registering as Minors to Attend ... Jul 12 sheepleloveroyalty 1
Reading Teen Arrested in NH Jul 8 Emily Litella 2
Fleeing Motorist Reaches 120 MPH on Route 128 Jul 6 Why 1
•••
•••

Lynnfield News Video

•••
•••

Lynnfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••