First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#22 Jan 25, 2013
Christian Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the fact that it is possible for a woman to die during childbirth makes the child not completely helpless. Often the baby does along with the mother. Your statement makes no sense, except, of course for the statistics you most likely googled to "prove" that an unborn chIld is not completely helpless.
If a rapist impregnated my daughter I would see that baby, that she did not ask for or want, as a threat to my daughter's health. It's that simple.
For Real

Murray, KY

#23 Jan 25, 2013
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
If a rapist impregnated my daughter I would see that baby, that she did not ask for or want, as a threat to my daughter's health. It's that simple.
You forget that baby was your daughter once. Let's just pick and choose who gets to live, right?

Location hidden

#24 Jan 25, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget that baby was your daughter once. Let's just pick and choose who gets to live, right?
You forget that I didn't rape her momma.

Perhaps you have no problem exposing your daughter to the risks of childbirth for the sake of some rapist's progeny, but it would be the morning after pill for mine. At least until people like you take that choice away from her "for the baby", all one cell of them.
For Real

Murray, KY

#25 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You forget that I didn't rape her momma.
Perhaps you have no problem exposing your daughter to the risks of childbirth for the sake of some rapist's progeny, but it would be the morning after pill for mine. At least until people like you take that choice away from her "for the baby", all one cell of them.
My point is we all started out as that one cell. "Some rapist's progeny?" You forget that, in your little scenario, it would be your daughter's progeny as well. I guess it's all about perspective. My perspective is that it is never okay to extinguish a life that you know is there. Period. Yeah, maybe the child is from rape. Guess what. Bad things happen to good people all the time. That doesn't make it right to kill a child, no matter how many cells it lacks thus far. Apparently, you disagree.

In my very first post, I stated that it is not my job to judge anyone. And I try my best to always remember that. I've never been through anything as terrible as what some women have been through. But you won't convince me that abortion is the right thing to do.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 25, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is we all started out as that one cell. "Some rapist's progeny?" You forget that, in your little scenario, it would be your daughter's progeny as well. I guess it's all about perspective. My perspective is that it is never okay to extinguish a life that you know is there. Period. Yeah, maybe the child is from rape. Guess what. Bad things happen to good people all the time. That doesn't make it right to kill a child, no matter how many cells it lacks thus far. Apparently, you disagree.
In my very first post, I stated that it is not my job to judge anyone. And I try my best to always remember that. I've never been through anything as terrible as what some women have been through. But you won't convince me that abortion is the right thing to do.
First, if I caught my daughter's rapist, I would not think twice about extinguishing their life. Period.

No, my daughters progeny would be the child that she chooses to assume the risks to carry to term, hopefully as the result of a loving relationship with a loving partner, or even this rapist's baby, if that is what SHE CHOSE, not you choose for her..

My perspective is that you should not force a women to do something that has the potential of taking her very life from her. You say this clump of cells growing in her body is an innocent child who doesn't deserve to die. Guess what? Bad things happen to good people all the time. That doesn't make it right to force a life risking consequence on a rape victim. Apparently you disagree.
For Real

Murray, KY

#27 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
First, if I caught my daughter's rapist, I would not think twice about extinguishing their life. Period.
No, my daughters progeny would be the child that she chooses to assume the risks to carry to term, hopefully as the result of a loving relationship with a loving partner, or even this rapist's baby, if that is what SHE CHOSE, not you choose for her..
My perspective is that you should not force a women to do something that has the potential of taking her very life from her. You say this clump of cells growing in her body is an innocent child who doesn't deserve to die. Guess what? Bad things happen to good people all the time. That doesn't make it right to force a life risking consequence on a rape victim. Apparently you disagree.
I'm not talking about forcing anything on anybody. I thought I'd made that clear. I'm talking about right and wrong. I'm pro-life because of life itself. Life is a precious thing to me. I'm not trying to justify the actions of a rapist. There is no justification for that. But I absolutely cannot justify the murder of a child at any stage of development for anyone's benefit. Feel free to continue to recycle my words for your argument if you like, but that won't change my feelings, and it won't make me back down from what I believe.
Geneologist

Nortonville, KY

#28 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You might as well give it up. The pro-Life people have made it an issue of absolutes: No abortions, period. To them anyone who is in favor of a woman having a choice is "pro-abortion" even if that person is someone who would encourage their raped 13 year old daughter to have the baby, but reserves her right to make that choice.
For Real

Murray, KY

#29 Jan 25, 2013
Geneologist wrote:
<quoted text>
You might as well give it up. The pro-Life people have made it an issue of absolutes: No abortions, period. To them anyone who is in favor of a woman having a choice is "pro-abortion" even if that person is someone who would encourage their raped 13 year old daughter to have the baby, but reserves her right to make that choice.
Oh, yeah, because all of a sudden two wrongs make a right.
carrie

Lake Geneva, WI

#30 Jan 25, 2013
Life no matter what wrote:
This is just hysterical pro-abortion propaganda. Even if the law passes it will be a symbolic statement against the murder of unborn children. No woman who was a genuine victim of rape would ever be charged under it.
It is almost impossible for a rapist to get a woman pregnant. The official figure is 5 in every 100 reported rapes. The truth of those 5 womenÂ’s claims that they were raped is doubtful. It is a medical fact that a woman cannot get pregnant unless she has an orgasm. An orgasm occurs only about 1 in 3 times when a woman is trying to have one. It will not happen if she is being raped. For one thing a rape just happens too fast.
wow what a retard to ink a woman only gets preg if she has an orgasm come on doctor i hope women dont believe ur shit

Location hidden

#31 Jan 26, 2013
Geneologist wrote:
<quoted text>
And when/if they get their way with abortion, they will come after birth control with their "a fertilized egg is a child" meme. Most young people don't realize Griswald v Conneticut only established the right to access to birth control a mere 8 years before Roe v Wade.

Location hidden

#32 Jan 26, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah, because all of a sudden two wrongs make a right.
And if a baby gestator dies, "Guess what. Bad things happen to good people all the time. "
For Real

Murray, KY

#33 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
And if a baby gestator dies, "Guess what. Bad things happen to good people all the time. "
You know what? People die everyday. What I'm talking about is purposefully taking a life because it is unwanted. I'm talking about intent. Don't you dare try to paint me as someone who is unsympathetic to rape victims. You ever hear of a "bleeding heart?" Well, that would be near the top of the list of my downfalls, okay. It breaks my heart to think about what these women (and as someone pointed out, at times young girls) go through as pregnant rape victims. But what is done to them, by a soulless monster, is done. We cannot always control what happens to us. What we can control is what we do about the things that happen to us. We can make sure we don't victimize someone else because of our circumstances. I can appreciate how protective you would be of your daughter had she to face this horror. I have a daughter myself. And I would never force her to do, or not to do, anything. All I can do is raise her right, teach her to have respect for life, pray everyday for her safety, and be there for her when she needs me. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I'm trying to share what I believe about this topic. Call me wrong, call me stupid if you want. Whatever. That's how it is.
Old Testament

Eddyville, KY

#34 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
And when/if they get their way with abortion, they will come after birth control with their "a fertilized egg is a child" meme. Most young people don't realize Griswald v Conneticut only established the right to access to birth control a mere 8 years before Roe v Wade.
An argument can be made that the Bible forbids flusing a rapist's semen from a woman's body.

Genesis 38:8-9 says:

Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your [dead] brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled his seed on the ground, lest that he should give offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord's sight; so he put him to death also.
Anon

Louisville, KY

#35 Jan 26, 2013
Old Testament wrote:
<quoted text>
An argument can be made that the Bible forbids flusing a rapist's semen from a woman's body.
Genesis 38:8-9 says:
Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your [dead] brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled his seed on the ground, lest that he should give offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord's sight; so he put him to death also.
Congratulations!!! You just found another example of Christians pick and choose beliefs.
ugh

Chicago, IL

#36 Jan 26, 2013
Abortion is murder. I don't know how women who have had them sleep at night. Do people just not have any morals? There are so many women out there unable to have children of their own that would love to adopt.

Since: Jan 11

Hickory, KY

#37 Jan 26, 2013
I read through all of these posts. At the end of the day, the idea of abortion is just a touchy subject that is only argued about. Never talked about civily.
I am Pro-Choice. One commons misconception about people who are pro-choice is that they are "pro-abortion." That is NOT the case. If a woman gets pregnant, whether its by a loving husband, a shitty boyfriend, or in the case of this topic, a rapist, if she decides to keep that baby...it is HER CHOICE. She Should not be ridiculed Or shamed for making that choice. The same circumstances go for if the woman decides to terminate that pregnancy, it's HER CHOICE! I believe that as a woman, it is MY right to chose what to do with my body. Not a man in the Oval Office, not a bunch of men in congress, it should be MY choice.
Rape is a terrifying and horrific act that no woman, girl, man, boy (yes, it does happen to males too) should have to endure. But to get pregnant by a rape act...I cannot imagine the feelings a woman would feel. Regardless of how you feel...the decision to have an abortion is NOT an east one. But if a woman does get pregnant by a rape, she should not be condemned for her decision to terminate a pregnancy. To carry a child for nine months, to know that baby wasn't conceived with love or that it wasn't technically "wanted," for lack of a better term... That is almost unimaginable to me on how that woman would be able to do so. What if that baby grows up and does the same thing to another person? What if that baby follows in its fathers footsteps? Yes, yes, I know, what if the baby grows up and cures cancer, or becomes president... Yes all these things are possible. But people forget is that there are still babies being born all over that could be that person too.
Everyone wants to throw the bible and adoption into the mix. I respect people's beliefs and I believe adoption is a wonderful thing. But sometimes, people who call themselves Christians pick and chose what parts of the bible to follow and what to overlook. And there are so many children out there already who should be adopted but cannot because there ARE so many and it's so expensive to adopt a baby.

One of my friends had an abortion. She was not a victim of rape. But she decided to terminate the pregnancy. Does she regret her decision, no. She worked a minimum wage job and she lived in a crappy apartment. The guy who got her pregnant was a deadbeat who had been in and out of jail. She did what she believed was best for her. But anytime she hears a conversation about abortion an how people put down women who go through with it, call them names like murders, cruel, or other terrible names, she becomes heartbroken and starts to believe she's a bad person. But she is NOT!

Abortion is something that is a choice that doesn't need to be taken lightly. You should seek counseling or seek help if you are having thoughts about keeping the baby.

But stop putting down women for making a decision that they believe was best for them. It's a hard decision and they shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

As for those who will throw up "what about the unborn child's feelings, you worthless bitch?!" Well, as unfortunate as it is, the decision is the mothers and not the unborn child's. That's about as black and white as that gets. It's sick and sad. But it's true.
To be honest, posting on this is something I will probably regret. But I am capable of having a civil conversation with anyone about this. I haven't called anyone out or cursed at anyone. I do not aim to offend or hurt anyone. Just giving my thoughts. So, if you must reply, please do so respectfully.

I am not pro abortion. I am pro choice. I support the choice for women to chose what they do with their bodies. I do not up lift abortion. But I do uplift the power of choice.
1991 Victim

Madisonville, KY

#38 Jan 26, 2013
stage_gal02 wrote:
To carry a child for nine months, to know that baby wasn't conceived with love or that it wasn't technically "wanted," for lack of a better term... That is almost unimaginable to me on how that woman would be able to do so. What if that baby grows up and does the same thing to another person? What if that baby follows in its fathers footsteps?... Everyone wants to throw the bible and adoption into the mix.
You have brought up two related things here that is always in the background of the debate but nobody on either side really wants to address.

A lot of serial rapists are sociopaths. Many people believe that being a sociopath is inherited, i.e. that a boy fathered by a sociopathic rapist is genetically programmed to be a sociopath and become a rapist. There is no scientific basis to back it up but a lot of people believe it. As a result a lot of adoptive parents do not want a baby that resulted from rape.

Another issue that people do not want to talk about is bi-racial babies. Most white women are raped by white men but interracial rapes do occur. Talking about it gets all tangled up in race and the political correctness that surrounds it. Most people who adopt are upper middle class whites. They want a healthy white baby. As a result bi-racial babies just get passed through the foster care system from home to home until they are age 18 or 19.

Since: Jan 11

Hickory, KY

#39 Jan 26, 2013
1991 Victim wrote:
<quoted text>You have brought up two related things here that is always in the background of the debate but nobody on either side really wants to address.

A lot of serial rapists are sociopaths. Many people believe that being a sociopath is inherited, i.e. that a boy fathered by a sociopathic rapist is genetically programmed to be a sociopath and become a rapist. There is no scientific basis to back it up but a lot of people believe it. As a result a lot of adoptive parents do not want a baby that resulted from rape.

Another issue that people do not want to talk about is bi-racial babies. Most white women are raped by white men but interracial rapes do occur. Talking about it gets all tangled up in race and the political correctness that surrounds it. Most people who adopt are upper middle class whites. They want a healthy white baby. As a result bi-racial babies just get passed through the foster care system from home to home until they are age 18 or 19.
Thank you for your reply. And thank you for not being hateful or using obscenities.:)

That may be true. That children who are born of rape do not have a biological connection as far as rape goes and being connected with their father. But do you believe that if a child who was a product of a rape case, if they found out how they got here, that they may suffer an emotional damage or even think "well if my dad did it, does that mean I should too...?" Or that they may find a way to justify it?
Please, don't think I'm trying to be rude or start an argument. I'm honestly just asking your opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For men 30 and older 1 hr Roberto 3
Looking for a Sugar daddy 1 hr Nila 11
Buddy Workman 2 hr Lynn 58
Jacking 6 hr Katie_Anderson14 2
Married 28 man looking for a little 8 hr Service 5
Hillary's America 8 hr Marty Mcfly 59
Vampire clan (Aug '13) 8 hr Marty Mcfly 59

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance