Pregnant Rape Victims
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RED ALERT MUST READ

Paducah, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2013
A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico has introduced a bill that would require women that become pregnant as a result of rape to term. If they got an abortion they would be committing a felony for "destroying" evidence. Conceivably this "destroying evidence" doctrine could be used to prevent a woman from using even the "morning after" pill.

This from the news:

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-mexico-pos ...+(Business+Insider)

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 24, 2013
RED ALERT MUST READ wrote:
A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico has introduced a bill that would require women that become pregnant as a result of rape to term. If they got an abortion they would be committing a felony for "destroying" evidence. Conceivably this "destroying evidence" doctrine could be used to prevent a woman from using even the "morning after" pill.
This from the news:
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-mexico-pos ...+(Business+Insider)
But just think what a boon this will be to men who are unable to find someone to bear them children. All they will need to do now is go to New Mexico and rape a fertile woman and nine months later: voila, they can have the child they always wanted.

With the average time served for rape being 65 months, the father can get out of jail just in time for their child's 5th birthday provided they begin their sentence before their child is born and keep on their best behavior. This also allows the man to have to avoid all that messy diaper changing, late night feedings and such that make parenting such a downer. But what is important is that the child will get a chance to know their father for at least some of their childhood.

Besides, how can you call them "victims" when God has made lemonade out of their lemons and blessed with a child?
1991 Victim

Providence, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
But just think what a boon this will be to men who are unable to find someone to bear them children. All they will need to do now is go to New Mexico and rape a fertile woman and nine months later: voila, they can have the child they always wanted.
With the average time served for rape being 65 months, the father can get out of jail just in time for their child's 5th birthday provided they begin their sentence before their child is born and keep on their best behavior. This also allows the man to have to avoid all that messy diaper changing, late night feedings and such that make parenting such a downer. But what is important is that the child will get a chance to know their father for at least some of their childhood.
Besides, how can you call them "victims" when God has made lemonade out of their lemons and blessed with a child?
I hope you are being facetious.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 24, 2013
1991 Victim wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are being facetious.
Sarcasm is the only coping mechanism I have left for this kind of shite.
Life no matter what

Kuttawa, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
This is just hysterical pro-abortion propaganda. Even if the law passes it will be a symbolic statement against the murder of unborn children. No woman who was a genuine victim of rape would ever be charged under it.

It is almost impossible for a rapist to get a woman pregnant. The official figure is 5 in every 100 reported rapes. The truth of those 5 women’s claims that they were raped is doubtful. It is a medical fact that a woman cannot get pregnant unless she has an orgasm. An orgasm occurs only about 1 in 3 times when a woman is trying to have one. It will not happen if she is being raped. For one thing a rape just happens too fast.
This is nonsense

Nebo, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Life no matter what wrote:
This is just hysterical pro-abortion propaganda. Even if the law passes it will be a symbolic statement against the murder of unborn children. No woman who was a genuine victim of rape would ever be charged under it.
It is almost impossible for a rapist to get a woman pregnant. The official figure is 5 in every 100 reported rapes. The truth of those 5 women’s claims that they were raped is doubtful. It is a medical fact that a woman cannot get pregnant unless she has an orgasm. An orgasm occurs only about 1 in 3 times when a woman is trying to have one. It will not happen if she is being raped. For one thing a rape just happens too fast.
Wednesday night, Nov. 27, 2003 3 times
Thursday morning, Nov. 28, 2003 2 times

I guess he just didn't know when he was supposed to stop and leave my apartment.
Cjj

Murray, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2013
You are a moron.Get off of fox news and Sean Hannity and educate yourself.
hello

Florence, KY

#9 Jan 24, 2013

It is almost impossible for a rapist to get a woman pregnant. The official figure is 5 in every 100 reported rapes. The truth of those 5 womenÂ’s claims that they were raped is doubtful. It is a medical fact that a woman cannot get pregnant unless she has an orgasm. An orgasm occurs only about 1 in 3 times when a woman is trying to have one. It will not happen if she is being raped. For one thing a rape just happens too fast.
"Medical fact." LOLOK. If a woman had to have an orgasm to get pregnant, the human race would have died out LONG ago.
Geneologist

Nortonville, KY

#10 Jan 25, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
"Medical fact." LOLOK. If a woman had to have an orgasm to get pregnant, the human race would have died out LONG ago.
Please don't jump my case for supporting this nonsense for supporting "Life no matter what's" nonsense because I am not. I am just stating a fact.

The idea that a woman cannot get pregnant by rape and that she must have an orgasm to get pregnant have deep historical roots. It was in medical books published in the 19th century. Courts of law in colonial New England considered pregnancy to be evidence that the sex act was fornication, not rape.

I don't understand why the idea still has currency today but it does.
Pro-Life

Kuttawa, KY

#11 Jan 25, 2013
Geneologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't jump my case for supporting this nonsense for supporting "Life no matter what's" nonsense because I am not. I am just stating a fact.
The idea that a woman cannot get pregnant by rape and that she must have an orgasm to get pregnant have deep historical roots. It was in medical books published in the 19th century. Courts of law in colonial New England considered pregnancy to be evidence that the sex act was fornication, not rape.
I don't understand why the idea still has currency today but it does.
The idea that a woman can't get pregnant by rape is completely false but attacks by pro-abortion people on those of us who oppose abortion because some ignorant people believe it is just an attempt to divert attention from the real issue: ABORTION IS THE MURDER OF AN UNBORN CHILD.

The U.S.A. will not regain the favor of God until this amendment becomes part of our Consititution and is enforced:

Section 1. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being, from the moment of conception, of life without due process of law; nor deny to any human being, from the moment of conception, within its jurisdiction, the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being of life on account of illness, age, or incapacity.

Section 3. Congress and the several States shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Pro-Life wrote:
<quoted text>The idea that a woman can't get pregnant by rape is completely false but attacks by pro-abortion people on those of us who oppose abortion because some ignorant people believe it is just an attempt to divert attention from the real issue: ABORTION IS THE MURDER OF AN UNBORN CHILD.

The U.S.A. will not regain the favor of God until this amendment becomes part of our Consititution and is enforced:

Section 1. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being, from the moment of conception, of life without due process of law; nor deny to any human being, from the moment of conception, within its jurisdiction, the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Neither the United States nor any State shall deprive any human being of life on account of illness, age, or incapacity.

Section 3. Congress and the several States shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
We won't ever have the favor of your idea of god again. Because we're completely controlled by the illuminati who worship satan, as he was the first free thinker.
hello

Florence, KY

#13 Jan 25, 2013
Pro-Life wrote:
<quoted text>The idea that a woman can't get pregnant by rape is completely false but attacks by pro-abortion people on those of us who oppose abortion because some ignorant people believe it is just an attempt to divert attention from the real issue: ABORTION IS THE MURDER OF AN UNBORN CHILD.

I'm sorry, but if I were raped and got pregnant, I would not be keeping that child. There is absolutely no way I would put myself through nine months of carrying a baby with half of its chromosomes coming from the monster who did the raping. Nor would I endure raising it for eighteen years. There would never be any way I could love that child, having to look at it everyday, being reminded of the terrible action committed against me. It's a woman's body, and it should be her decision.
1991 Victim

Kuttawa, KY

#14 Jan 25, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but if I were raped and got pregnant, I would not be keeping that child. There is absolutely no way I would put myself through nine months of carrying a baby with half of its chromosomes coming from the monster who did the raping. Nor would I endure raising it for eighteen years. There would never be any way I could love that child, having to look at it everyday, being reminded of the terrible action committed against me. It's a woman's body, and it should be her decision.
I've been in counseling with women who made the decision different ways. Some had an abortion, some had the baby and gave it up for adoption, and some decided to keep it. I can't make a general statement but it seemed to me that married women abortions more often than single ones. A college girl had a bi-racial baby girl and was going to give her up but then found out that mixed babies almost never get adopted, just passed through the foster care system, and decided to keep her. Worst one was a 16 year old whose parents were really religious and pretty much forced her to have the baby but refused to let her keep it. She was an emotional and psychological wreck.

No matter what choice a woman makes, it is not a question of right and wrong. It's picking the bad choice that is least damaging to her.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Pro-Life wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that a woman can't get pregnant by rape is completely false but attacks by pro-abortion people on those of us who oppose abortion because some ignorant people believe it is just an attempt to divert attention from the real issue: ABORTION IS THE MURDER OF AN UNBORN CHILD.
So if a fertilized egg is a human being, and an estimated half of fertilized eggs do not implant in the uterus, has a sexually active women who flushes her monthly menses committed corpse abuse? We don't flush people down the toilet, why should we let women flush these fellow one celled Americans just because they have an inhospitable womb?
Christian Mom

Murray, KY

#16 Jan 25, 2013
My heart goes out to anyone who ever has to go through the violence and horror of a rape. I cannot empathize. I have no idea what that is like. I would imagine it is something that you think about all the time and never get over. So I will not condemn anyone for their decision. It is not my job to judge.

That said, I am pro-life. I don't really care how politically incorrect I am by saying that. A life is a life. I can't help but think that a woman who gets pregnant from rape is one of two victims, the second one being completely helpless and entirely dependent on its mother for survival. To me, it's not totally about being a Christian. It's also about right and wrong. Rape is a terrible, disgusting act, but taking a life is terrible as well. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 25, 2013
Christian Mom wrote:
My heart goes out to anyone who ever has to go through the violence and horror of a rape. I cannot empathize. I have no idea what that is like. I would imagine it is something that you think about all the time and never get over. So I will not condemn anyone for their decision. It is not my job to judge.
That said, I am pro-life. I don't really care how politically incorrect I am by saying that. A life is a life. I can't help but think that a woman who gets pregnant from rape is one of two victims, the second one being completely helpless and entirely dependent on its mother for survival. To me, it's not totally about being a Christian. It's also about right and wrong. Rape is a terrible, disgusting act, but taking a life is terrible as well. Just my thoughts on the subject.
"Completely helpless" if you do not consider that in the absence of modern medicine 1 in 100 women die in childbirth, part of that "curse" Eve brought down on you. As it currently stands, it is 24 out of 100,000.No matter how long the odds, I wouldn't want my daughter face them just to bring some rapist's baby, who very well may inherit their father's violent tendencies, into this world.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 25, 2013
It's not enough to judge you clueless and nuts.

You sir, are a waste of good air and by calling you a complete moronic imbecile, I feel like I have to apologize to all of the other complete moronic imbeciles for lumping you with them.
Observation

Central City, KY

#19 Jan 25, 2013
Everyone is assuming that the person who wrote this is a man but that may not be the case. I have heard women express the same sort of thinking.
Christian Mom

Murray, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2013
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Completely helpless" if you do not consider that in the absence of modern medicine 1 in 100 women die in childbirth, part of that "curse" Eve brought down on you. As it currently stands, it is 24 out of 100,000.No matter how long the odds, I wouldn't want my daughter face them just to bring some rapist's baby, who very well may inherit their father's violent tendencies, into this world.
Please explain how the fact that it is possible for a woman to die during childbirth makes the child not completely helpless. Often the baby does along with the mother. Your statement makes no sense, except, of course for the statistics you most likely googled to "prove" that an unborn chIld is not completely helpless.
Life always

Central City, KY

#21 Jan 25, 2013
I am for the pro-life amendment.

We also need to do something to reduce the number of rapes. There is no sense in giving rapists 5 years in prison, letting them out on parole in 3, and letting them do it over and over again. Castrate them and put them to work with a pick and shovel in an underground coal mine for the rest of their lives. Never let them see daylight again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting 15 min Wondering 1
shawn davis (Jan '13) 26 min Fushawn 9
New to kentucky 3 hr Hemby 1
Krystan proctor 3 hr Bret 4
Brad Bailey 4 hr Roxy 1
Confederate statue on court square 7 hr tell em 154
Cold water drug dealer 9 hr Cold water mayor 1

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance